• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hho6Zzd.png

idk why but some of the dark souls mechanics kind of elluded me in hollow knight

maybe cos i wasn't expecting it to be a dark souls game, so for me the benches were just benches instead of bonfires, so for most of the game i didn't understand what was triggering enemy respawns

anyways, i wish i could remember where the bank lady was cos i've been running around with like 4k geos for like hours now and while the game is not super hard, it's still stressful to carry all that money around

not much else to add, except fuck the part with the crusher thingies

i fucking hate that part lol

Agents of Mayhem is one of those games where everyone not involved on it knew it was going to fail. This is their punishment for pushing Kinzie and killing off the cooler characters.

Best buy fucked up. They're offering the corsair yellow jacket wireless headset for $9.99 if you use their normal sales price ($70) and then log into your account and use the $60 off coupon (which wasn't meant to stack). I'm gonna give them a go, though the yellow is very... Uh, gamer gear.

4228300ld.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Nabs

http://i.imgur.com/Hho6Zzd.png

idk why but some of the dark souls mechanics kind of elluded me in hollow knight

maybe cos i wasn't expecting it to be a dark souls game, so for me the benches were just benches instead of bonfires, so for most of the game i didn't understand what was triggering enemy respawns

anyways, i wish i could remember where the bank lady was cos i've been running around with like 4k geos for like hours now and while the game is not super hard, it's still stressful to carry all that money around

She's at the bottom of the Fog Canyon, I think by Queen's Station.

kionedrik

The game is not hard although I found some difficulty spikes here and there, mainly in some optional bosses and an optional platforming section in the later stage of the game.

The banker is located in the southern part of the Fog Canyon. If you enter from the Mantis town side, it's the door on the left.

i get what you mean, but this feels kind of problematic

like the idea that indies are competing for your impulse buy instead of a conscious buy is weird. like you put the choice of buying hollow knight next to discounted nier 2 or whatever for no reason other than money

i see myself doing this all the time and it feels real icky

I can't disagree.

Also, some recent examples of cheap and excellent indie games (they exist):

Best buy fucked up. They're offering the corsair yellow jacket wireless headset for $9.99 if you use their normal sales price ($70) and then log into your account and use the $60 off coupon (which wasn't meant to stack). I'm gonna give them a go, though the yellow is very... Uh, gamer gear.

4228300ld.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000
Just signed up for a best buy account and it looks like the coupon isn't there.

zkylon

zkylewd
Agents of Mayhem is one of those games where everyone not involved on it knew it was going to fail. This is their punishment for pushing Kinzie and killing off the cooler characters.

cmon, kinzie is great!

Saints Row 4 without most of traversal superpowers, none of the story bits and with general aesthetics copied of Overwatch.
i disagree about it sharing aesthetics with overwatch

i mean there's super soldiers with guns but the approach is pretty different (and way lamer imo)

She's at the bottom of the Fog Canyon, I think by Queen's Station.

oh nice

i was actually gonna ask for no one to tell me cos i wanted to randomly stumble upon her but it's no biggie haha

The game is not hard although I found some difficulty spikes here and there, mainly in some optional bosses and an optional platforming section in the later stage of the game.

The banker is located in the southern part of the Fog Canyon. If you enter from the Mantis town side, it's the door on the left.
yeah the game's totally doable, nothing has given me much trouble. most difficult stuff was the egg bug thing that spit the flying piranhas and i came up with a pretty solid strategy to beat that one so it was ok

worst so far was those fucking crusher blocks, i fucking hate that part so much

I can't disagree.

Also, some recent examples of cheap and excellent indie games (they exist):

+1 to fidel! (nothing against the other one, just haven't played it)

but yeah, doesn't take much to find a wealth of cheap and excellent indie games

i just think they should charge a little more (and aaa a little less)

and they all should do regional pricing (i'm told argieland will get the ability to have regional pricing on steam soon-ish)

prudislav

i disagree about it sharing aesthetics with overwatch

i mean there's super soldiers with guns but the approach is pretty different (and way lamer imo)

its the usual stuff when we have one huge popular game with certain look to it ... so everyone who uses even remotely similar aestetic is automatically copying it

zkylon

zkylewd
its the usual stuff when we have one huge popular game with certain look to it ... so everyone who uses even remotely similar aestetic is automatically copying it
i can see where the comparisons come from but i feel they're mostly superficial and comparing everything to overwatch is not always conductive to a useful conversation i feel

anyways, very much unlike overwatch i think neither the setting nor the characters have managed to inspire people, so that's a shame

the coop confusion also seems like they didn't really market the game super well

it's a really confusing game lol

prudislav

yeah the marketing was really weird and confuding for it ... most of my friends thought its just another hero shooter and were surprised its actually SR_esque openworld game

yeah they explained quite well in the streams what the game is (but only fraction of people watches them) and trailers were mostly aimed at the agents

Built my gaming PC on last Saturday, and I am here playing Hitman 2016. Such a great game, oh my god. The Paris level is overwhelmingly big (in a good way), and after walking around several times, I can still discover new dialogues from NPCs. Although the game only consists of 6 main levels (and some bonus levels based on the same map), I am pretty sure I will pour over 100 hours into this game.

This is such a great opener to entering PC gaming. Awesome.

Lain

You could say that Agents of Maybe bombed really hard. After 4 days only 22K owners. To put it into the perspective LawBreakers had around 50K after the same time on the market.

Selling a for 60€ what should have been priced lower brings those kind of results. Add in the lukewarm to negative reviews and it can only perform badly. If it wasn't for cdkeys having it for 33€ I wouldn't have bought it and even if what I've played of it is fun, crashing because of lack of memory with 8GB isn't a good experience.

Speaking of memory, what are good resources to see what kind of memory I should try to find to upgrade mine? I'm still using an i5-2500k with a P8Z68-V MB and I'd like to get some better ram than what I'm using.

zkylon

zkylewd
if they did suddenly raise the price like that it sounds like they're abusing the system

probably worth reporting if there's evidence that's what they're doing?

Built my gaming PC on last Saturday, and I am here playing Hitman 2016. Such a great game, oh my god. The Paris level is overwhelmingly big (in a good way), and after walking around several times, I can still discover new dialogues from NPCs. Although the game only consists of 6 main levels (and some bonus levels based on the same map), I am pretty sure I will pour over 100 hours into this game.

This is such a great opener to entering PC gaming. Awesome.

yeah hitman 2016 is great

kind of wish i played it more

Tizoc

Hho6Zzd.png

About that Bank lady zky...
she's gonna steal all your Geo bruv

Zeneric

When people say gsync is godly. They're for real. Gsync IS godly.
Can't comment on freesync. Have never experienced it and probably never will

Mivey

Dishonored 2 is so close to crossing that 1M copies sold line but every time it gets closer to 900K people refund it.
I guess you are joking, but some variance is unavoidable with the methods used by SteamSpy. Furthermore, you should understand that the actual value given by SteamSpy is a range You have to consider the +- part as well.

Rizzi

When people say gsync is godly. They're for real. Gsync IS godly.
Can't comment on freesync. Have never experienced it and probably never will

I have a freesync monitor and an amd card. Half the time it doesn't seem to work.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dex3108

I guess you are joking, but some variance is unavoidable with the methods used by SteamSpy. Furthermore, you should understand that the actual value given by SteamSpy is a range You have to consider the +- part as well.

It goes up and down from 810K to 890K constantly and i understand that there will be variance but i never saw it go like this.

spons

Gold Member
Got a new GPU last month after years of being on integrated and just playing on consoles. Still 86 games on my account. Enabled Steam Guard/Authenticator, the one that sends you a code to login with. This is all that's needed to be secure, right?

Anyway, glad to be part of the community. I won't sell my Xbox, but you know how it goes once you see the light. Again.

Lain

Children of Morta will include online co-op when it launches

Great news.

partnered with 11 bit studios (the creators of This War of Mine) as the publisher for the game [...] Currently planning to launch in early 2018.

The stretch goal that we had missed during the Kickstarter campaign was the Xbox One version. Partnering with 11 bit studios and their support enabled us to bring back Xbox One to the plans and today we're glad to tell all you Xbox owners out there that the game will also be made for the platform!

We will be attending Gamescom and PAX West and you guys are welcome to come to 11 bit studios booth to see us, try the game (co-op with your best buddy or one of us :) and also get some Children of Morta goodies like this here!

We have a brand new website: http://childrenofmorta.com and don't forget to follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/childrenofmorta and http://twitter.com/deadmagestudio

Ludens

Banned
Well, Origin Access is really a good value if you use it well: with 4€ I played Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Aragami and The Saboteur, basically 1€ each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom