• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Good deal or should I wait ?

It's a decent price if you want to get the start soon, but personally I'm going to wait for the pack of all five episodes at once, which as The Walking Dead and Back To The Future have proved, will get a sale price as well in the future.

Bah, decided to continue through the Witcher 2, but my save game is gone. Even though I don't like what happened this game is good enough to play again.

Bah, decided to continue through the Witcher 2, but my save game is gone. Even though I don't like what happened this game is good enough to play again.

Have you finished it previously? I got out of the first major area and to maybe a dwarven city on 360? Loved the systems but goddamn is that a hard story to penetrate. In all fairness, didn't play 1 or read the books. Have been debating for a day and a half rebuying and need to decide before tomorrow...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I only bought one with card money but I may try again sometime soon, this looks sexy as hell:
E25756E1C9B5A3E1454793F7C6AE5A0528622041

$400 on the market.

Clearly the level designer pulled this out of his ass instead of talking to a carpenter or using some photo reference... any photo reference.

kurahador

Have you finished it previously? I got out of the first major area and to maybe a dwarven city on 360? Loved the systems but goddamn is that a hard story to penetrate. In all fairness, didn't play 1 or read the books. Have been debating for a day and a half rebuying and need to decide before tomorrow...

I agree. The first game is abit better in that regards, but then the last chapter shove you some weird revelation.

Just finished Bioshock Infinite. The ending was great, the way there was meh at times. Rapture just oozes atmosphere. Columbia just seems like a cheap imitation.

It is the best price on the game so far on Steam, but it's also going to be cheaper before the full game has finished releasing, so...

Are you sure about that? It seems that TWD never went cheaper than during the winter sale before being complete (or at least it was never more than 40% off).

Anyways, I just started The Wolf Among Us, and this is really good. Waiting for the episodes will be hard.

Are you sure about that? It seems that TWD never went cheaper than during the winter sale before being complete (or at least it was never more than 40% off).

Anyways, I just started The Wolf Among Us, and this is really good. Waiting for the episodes will be hard.

TWD was $15 several times before episode 4 and $12.50 before episode 5.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey guys, is Poker Night worth $0.99?

If you like Poker, sure. But they start to repeat lines shortly after so you might want to mute the chatter in the options to play Poker.

Plus it has TF2 items in both of them, so if you're into that...

(I feel bad for the people that bought it for $2.09 when it was on a flash or daily or opening, forgetting... sale on Thursday. Goddamn.)

So I just got an email saying Spacebase DF-9 was on sale, and sure enough it's 33% off and listed as a daily. Which is weird, since the front page doesn't even show any Double Fine games as dailies, let alone Spacebase. Was it always 33% off and Steam's just having a senior moment, or is this a stealth daily?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
it's the same, a bit better but still pretty much the same

it's a borefest for me

Even more boring. Seriously, it's bad.
By the latter half of the game, you're basically just shooting 5000 spawning robots every 5 meters you progress. Every now and then, there's a big boss mech that stomps you like a bug... unless you go hide behind a pillar where he can't fucking touch you, so you just spend 5-20 minutes taking potshots at him to take him down.
Rinse, repeat.

I'm going to agree with others here Borderlands 2 was a massive disappointment. I bought it for ten bucks during the summer sale and still felt ripped off.

It's biggest sin for me is some of the worst gunplay and guns I ever used. It's just straight up dull all around. Borderlands was way more fun for me.

Damnnn that sucks especially with Ed saying it was even worst than the original BL for him. Oh well, looks like I might not buy anything in this sale but at least I got a free steam key for Batman Arkham Origins. Holy shit though AO is 26451MB though.

I used to watch a lot of footage of multiplayer matches and sieges from the game, and didn't know about the single-player aspect. I look forward to playing it.

I haven't even touched the MP since I bought this game in the Summer Sale. 150+ hours in single player and I am still not tired of it. It's so good.

Some tips:
If you want to level up quickly, use a lance on horseback. When you ride fast enough, you will automatically couch your lance and deal bonus damage to anything you hit with it. It's usually instant death to anyone who doesn't block it.

To make money, choose the "Assess the local prices" in each market and buy low/sell high. You can also put a couple points into prisoner management or put lots of Manhunters in your party, use blunt weapons to knock enemies unconscious and then sell them to slavers for a nice profit.

You can also join a king or vassal's army to earn a wage and food. Might be good to do this in the beginning so you can get some XP and learn how the fighting works.

Put party skills like Path finding or Surgery on your companions (named units that can level up and equip gear like you can); as long as they are with you, you get that skill's benefit for your entire party. Certain companions naturally spec easily into certain roles, like medic or trader. Put your own skill points into strength and power strike/draw; I always put 3-4 points into trainer so I can recruit basic units and level them up quicker.

And last: King Harlaus is a loser and his Kingdom of Swadia sucks, though their heavy cavalry is unmatched. I personally find the Rhodoks or Nords to be the best factions (Nords especially for castle sieging).

Tizoc

Waking up to find Deadpool @ 75% off is like being charged up with 10 cups of coffee.
Bought it before heading out to work~

zkylon

zkylewd
Damnnn that sucks especially with Ed saying it was even worst than the original BL for him. Oh well, looks like I might not buy anything in this sale but at least I got a free steam key for Batman Arkham Origins. Holy shit though AO is 26451MB though.

bottom line is that it's more boredlands

if you like boredlands then it's perfect for you

if you don't it won't change your mind

I haven't even touched the MP since I bought this game in the Summer Sale. 150+ hours in single player and I am still not tired of it. It's so good.

Some tips:
If you want to level up quickly, use a lance on horseback. When you ride fast enough, you will automatically couch your lance and deal bonus damage to anything you hit with it. It's usually instant death to anyone who doesn't block it.

To make money, choose the "Assess the local prices" in each market and buy low/sell high. You can also put a couple points into prisoner management or put lots of Manhunters in your party, use blunt weapons to knock enemies unconscious and then sell them to slavers for a nice profit.

You can also join a king or vassal's army to earn a wage and food. Might be good to do this in the beginning so you can get some XP and learn how the fighting works.

Put party skills like Path finding or Surgery on your companions (named units that can level up and equip gear like you can); as long as they are with you, you get that skill's benefit for your entire party. Certain companions naturally spec easily into certain roles, like medic or trader. Put your own skill points into strength and power strike/draw; I always put 3-4 points into trainer so I can recruit basic units and level them up quicker.

And last: King Harlaus is a loser and his Kingdom of Swadia sucks, though their heavy cavalry is unmatched. I personally find the Rhodoks or Nords to be the best factions (Nords especially for castle sieging).

Seems straightforward enough. I'll keep it in mind. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom