• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Poker 2 worth it? I have the first one and haven't even played it yet.

Check the answer for same question earlier in this page:

If you like Poker, sure. But they start to repeat lines shortly after so you might want to mute the chatter in the options to play Poker.

Plus it has TF2 items in both of them, so if you're into that...

Sums up my thoughts as well - and I have actually over 20 hours in both Poker Nights so I kinda liked them, but they wear themselves after you play them certain amounts. But I totally had enough fun for 99 cents so I'd say go for it.

Bought nothing but CS:Go so far and I'm not even sure I like it, coming from over 15 years of CS and CS:S.. Pretty bad sale so far. I would've gotten Shadowrun, but only 55% off? Disappointmentton..

17% off Ghosts was the LOL of the sale so far though.

Check the answer for same question earlier in this page:

Sums up my thoughts as well - and I have actually over 20 hours in both Poker Nights so I kinda liked them, but they wear themselves after you play them certain amounts. But I totally had enough fun for 99 cents so I'd say go for it.

I played the first one but not even this discount will compel me to play a game that consists in any part of listening to Claptrap.

Thanks guys, I think I'll pass.

wazoo

Deadpool for $10? Had two friends recommend it to me, but I'm still not sure I'll like it enough to justify the price.

It is published by Activision. It will be pulled off the store at the end of the year because they do not care to pay for the licence. probably.

Tizoc

Deadpool for $10? Had two friends recommend it to me, but I'm still not sure I'll like it enough to justify the price.

It's actually...not horrible. I mean, it's not a good game. But the writing somehow compensates for it to the point where I'd hesitantly recommend it at the $10 price point. I guess it depends on how much you like the character and the self-reflexive nature of the narrative.

It's style over substence. The gameplay is OK, but what really makes it stand out is that it perfectly captures deadpool's personality. So If you're a Deadpool fan def. consider getting it. The gameplay will leave much to be desired, but thankfully you could play it in short bursts and treat it as a 'take a break game'.
Just make sure you start on Easy to get enough points to upgrade your skills to make the later difficulties a little easier.
Also Stun Grenades can lead to 1-hit kills, useful for the final battle.

Big-E

Does Poker Night 2 have cards and if so, what are they selling at? Wonder if you could make your money back with them.

Caerith

Depends on if you like the characters... or even know who they are. Personally Poker Night 1 was much more enjoyable for this reason.
I thought the first Poker Night had a good balance of characters. Personally, I'm looking forward to Poker Night 3, which has Gordon Freeman, Chell, the Pyro, and Sin City's Miho.

Does Poker Night 2 have cards and if so, what are they selling at? Wonder if you could make your money back with them.
It is a poker game without cards.

I wonder if Steam is going to bring out the big guns since it's Cyber Monday tomorrow? Seeing another daily deal and flash deal like today's would be great.

I can't wait till tomorrow. The moment I see Deadly Premonition on sale or not, I'm finally picking it up. I'm also looking at Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed which is $5 on Amazon right now.

Tizoc

I wonder if Deadpool was the experiment and we will see other Activision titles go on deeper discounts.

I have been waiting an entire freakin' year for Space Quest Collection to be at least 50%.

Currently waiting for the TF and Darksiders games to get their bundles on sale though I expect this come the Winter Seal.

Card Boy

Banned
It just means that Acti's going to abandon the licence next month. :p

1924-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

Tizoc

So, no opinions on Shadowrun Returns? =/

Only issue with the game is that it only saves when you complete a mission/Stage. Each stage is 20-40 mins. long.
They're working to patch it though. So you could get it now, then once it's patched it out start playing it.
We being SteamGAF we pretty much have enough games that we could bother to play while one waits for the Shadowrun save patch, etc.

Kilrathi

First major sale I haven't pick up anything yet.

I was looking at the new Shadow Warrior (2013) looks like a 90's pc shooter, anyone play it yet?

bkw

Have valve stopped doing game bundles recently? Or do they only appear on bigger sales? Stuff like id complete packs. (Or maybe I'm just having trouble finding them...)

So, no opinions on Shadowrun Returns? =/

I really enjoyed it. The story was its strongest feature, which to me, is a really high complement. I also really liked the gameplay systems, its turn based and class based. You dont really keep a party, you rent mercs out. I thought that was nice, because you wasnt tied down to 4 classes or whatever. The save system is kinda weird, but I never minded it. Yeah, its an awesome game.

TokiDoki

Picked up XCOM a while ago and spent my entire weekend on it . $9.99 well spent .

And now quite temped on Metro LL , love Metro 2033 though . Anyway LL could be cheaper and same goes to Shadowrun . Not in rush to play both anyway .

AJLma

So I bought Monaco based on all the positive things I've heard about it. I played the first couple levels and have no idea what I'm doing. It just seems like we're all making a beeline to the next door, collecting coins, shooting guards and making an exit. I only played a few minutes but I seriously do not understand what's going on.

What exactly is the objective of this game?

Bought Batman Arkham Asylum, Game of the year edition and Batman Arkham City, Game of the year edition for PC even tho i already have them on My PS3 ((not game of the year editions)) but the thing here is that i had $40 on my wallet and half of that was from a free steam card i got earlier in the week lol plus i might give the PS3 editions to my nephew since he is getting the PS3 bundle for Christmas with The Last of US, and Batman Arkham Origins.

Grief.exe

nah its looks like a 90s pc shooter enjoy the like of quake, unreal alot, i was just wonder if the game fill that run and gun feel.

I haven't played it yet, but have only heard good things.

I have played Hard Reset, and if you like old-school shooters, you should give that one a try. Its by the same developer actually.

Card Boy

Banned
Batman Arkham Origins is so much more optimised than Arkham City. I got everything maxed out and i'm not getting any dips below 60FPS on my GTX 670, whereas Arkham City stuttered like crazy on DX11.

Tesseract

Banned
it's officially my birthday, hurrah!

anyway, is deadly premonition playable with a controller at acceptable resolutions yet?

Grief.exe

it's officially my birthday, hurrah!

anyway, is deadly premonition playable with a controller at acceptable resolutions yet?

DPFix from Durante fixed both the resolution and the controller support.

They actually officially patched in controller support with the last patch I believe.

def sim

Ah great

I've been thinking of picking up Deadpool for a friend since he's a huge fan. Good thing I didn't bite on the $20 sale price a month or so ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom