• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

I recently opened steam, all my categories are gone and the games installed are not recognized, they all show in grey. WTF.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind it seems to have fixed itself, but I do need to recategorize everything again :/

nexen

Internet shopping security is in a weird place.
This is how my purchase of Pac-man DX went down, and it is really bugging me:

ME: Hi gamestop web store! I'd like to buy Pac-man DX+ For $2.50.
GS: Ok, great! Who are you?
ME: I'm nexen.
GS: How can I be sure? Do you have access to nexen's email?
ME: Yes.
GS: Ok. Hey, we bought Impulse. You have an account there you have to merge. You're still nexen, right?
GS: Ok. Now download our awesome NotSteam app and run it.
ME: *downloads and runs app*
NotSteam: Hello, I am NotSteam. Login please.
NotSteam: How can I be sure? Do you have access to nexen's email?
NotSteam: You have to authorize this computer to use me. Do you have access to nexen's email?
NotSteam: Here is your Steam key.
ME: *shuts down and uninstalls NotSteam*

okayfrog

Banned
I just hope they do something special for the winter sale, something fun.
(No, "buy X$ games and get a card!" is not fun =p)

Sadly, this is what it's gonna be thanks to SAM. Srsly, is there any chance Steam will ever make it so SAM doesn't work? I want dat summer/winter sale of 2011 again. Nothing will ever top the winter sale of 2011. Goddamn that was fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I recently opened steam, all my categories are gone and the games installed are not recognized, they all show in grey. WTF.

Any suggestions?

Categories are stored in userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf and Steam occasionally overwrites the file, so every time you add a game to a category be sure to back it up. As for your games, you're going to have to reinstall them, but Steam should detect the existing data and not actually download anything.

Edit: Haha, I wasn't fully focused on what I was doing and muddled up the info a bit. Shortcuts are in a separate file: userdata\[account id]\config\shortcuts.vdf.

maty

Categories are stored in userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf and Steam occasionally overwrites the file, so every time you add a shortcut be sure to back it up. As for your games, you're going to have to reinstall them, but Steam should detect the existing data and not actually download anything.

Thanks JaseC

Li Kao

Chronicles and Factions are the mission DLCs.

I played it on a 550ti, you should be fine. You only need to turn Advanced PhysX off, or you will get a slide show.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I think I read that LL is optimized a lot better than the first one. Thanks you for the answer about the DLC !

louiedog

GameStop's requirement of an Impulse install just to get a game key is why I have a virtual machine. I hate, hate, hate crapping up my windows install with applications that I either don't want or maybe only very infrequently need.

Turfster

Rymdkapsel is coming to Steam it seems. It's an amazing mobile game for PlayStation Mobile (I got it on my Vita for free a couple days ago)

Wait, what?
Since when can you run PSM games on Vita?
Or has this always been possible, just only in the 2 countries in the whole fucking world that actually have PSM?

Sadly, this is what it's gonna be thanks to SAM. Srsly, is there any chance Steam will ever make it so SAM doesn't work? I want dat summer/winter sale of 2011 again. Nothing will ever top the winter sale of 2011. Goddamn that was fun.

Yeah, it's a pity, really.
It made me try a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise.

I think that's just the case with a lot of people sporting anime avatars in general. Anger and anime in a 1-2-1 correlation.

How dare you! Let me show you my rage! =p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think that's just the case with a lot of people sporting anime avatars in general. Anger and anime in a 1-2-1 correlation. Maybe I'm being avatarist?

I'll admit I basically believe in avatar-craniology, to the point where I want to start keeping a database. Another stray observation:

Vehemently pro-Sony comment: Soccer-related avatar or anime-adjacent avatar.

GS: Ok. Hey, we bought Impulse. You have an account there you have to merge. You're still nexen, right?
NotSteam: You have to authorize this computer to use me. Do you have access to nexen's email?

7/10 would read again, no sharp knees! also shoulda finished with a > mfw

Nuuvem also has an NotSteam now! At least it does game FPS (like fraps)!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I don't know who you are or how the hell you got access to nexen's email, but you better believe I'm onto you.

nexen

Wait, what?
Or has this always been possible, just only in the 2 countries in the whole fucking world that actually have PSM?
I don't know when PSM started but PSM has been part of the PSN store and playable on Vita in NA for a very long time now. Sorry :\

Turfster

I don't know when PSM started but PSM has been part of the PSN store and playable on Vita in NA for a very long time now. Sorry :\

Sigh. Yeah, PSM is only available in like, the US, the UK, Sweden and QatarAustralia, France, Italiy, Germany and Japan or some bullshit like that.

Tomodachi

Wait, what?
I'm sorry but, uhm, it's the latter :(
It has always been possible in the selected few countries PSM is available in (I'm in Italy and shockingly we have PSM over here).

They added 9 new countries last week though, see if you're lucky.
With this expansion, SCE will offer content via PS Store to users in total of 18 countries including Japan, US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, as well as in newly added countries including Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and New Zealand.

Turfster

I'm sorry but, uhm, it's the latter :(
It has always been possible in the selected few countries PSM is available in (I'm in Italy and shockingly we have PSM over here).

They added 9 new countries last week though, see if you're lucky.
Huh.
I'm in that list, but I don't see PSM games on my Vita...

Is there a page with all of them listed?

I did a post waaaay back. Lemme see if I can dig it up.
Too many posts, have this thing I found on the internet instead.

People are saying Enslaved is a crap port. I'm wondering if it's worth $10.

It's a straight port but playing at 60fps puts it light years ahead of the console versions. Other than that you can increase resolution and do some minor tweaks to ini files to improve IQ.
It's not a very good game but it includes the dlc so you're looking at a solid 12 hours, even at $10 I have some reservations recommending it though. The gameplay is very shallow but it has some nice looking areas and good characters with great acting and it's still fun even if repetitive.
I'd say it's worth checking out for the nice story and setting, don't expect deep gameplay and you'll be fine.

About to buy Pacman on Gamestop but it says PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+- [Digital Download via GameStop App]

Gamestop app??? Will I get a Steam code?

Copons

I'm starting to really appreciate the reviews feature on Steam.

How cool is that my sexist ranting comment about ETS2 managed to be the third most helpful review with "193 of 253 people (76%) found this review helpful"? :D

kris.

Banned
The SEN store has tabs? =p
It automatically goes to games here.
(No, we don't have movies either. Sometimes, I really hate this country...)

Slightly more on topic:
Greenmangaming did their own overview page

UNGNGGHH Infinite for $10. Missed it the other day on Steam. You guys think it'll show up in a flash sale for cheaper or should I just grab it now?

I'm starting to really appreciate the reviews feature on Steam.

How cool is that my sexist ranting comment about ETS2 managed to be the third most helpful review with "193 of 253 people (76%) found this review helpful"? :D
Can you put the comment here?
@ Work on my phone right now and steam isn't working.

nexen

Grid 2 for $10. I'm stupid happy now. Sale redeemed.

edit: The Bureau is up there for $18, which is like $14 after the voucher. Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom