• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I liked Fez a bunch, and the zeitgeist during its launch was incredible, and it was amazing to be part of it. And it's been too long since I had to take notes while playing a game.

And I also agree with Phil, modern Japanese games haven't been all that great for me either. Outside of Dark Souls that is.

Tizoc

OK I might grab some stuff from GMG, what's the discount code again please?
Any chance Scribblenauts DC will go for $7.50 or less?

Grief.exe

Final chance for Jurassic Park The Game to be a daily. I've been waiting a while for this moment. I know today is going to be the day. I can feel it coming.

water-tremor.gif

You might have to wait for one of the longer sales. Telltales latest games will take precedence over that one.

Or check out a 3rd party retailer, amazon, GMG, etc, they will probably be able to fill in the gaps.

cicero

Yeah I know, I took advantage of them last year (so many free Hotline Miamis :p). I just didn't know they were active yet, I only bought from Amazon during the Steam winter sale period, not before.
yeah, Amazon Tony had them active from like November 21st on through December last year. I believe that was the year he retroactively applied credit for all the early November Prototype Pack $10 purchases too. It would be so much easier to track these things if they came up with a specific Amazon credit counter for video games/software..

denx

I don't even know what is going on on this thread. Let's talk about our backlogs or something.

Talking about backlogs:

Games owned: 380
Games not played: 245 (%64)
Hours spent: 1438.8 h
Account worth: $4300.74

That percentage would be higher if it wasn't for the games I've idled in SAM for cards. :p

Echoplx

yeah, Amazon Tony had them active from like November 21st on through December last year. I believe that was the year he retroactively applied credit for all the early November Prototype Pack $10 purchases too. It would be so much easier to track these things if they came up with a specific Amazon credit counter for video games/software..

That would be nice, I just bought some DLC for cheap and will be manually keeping track this year. Still an awesome deal so I won't complain too much.

Dario ff

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Knuckles 3 & Knuckles -- MB-1418274320325630 - Taken by chronomac. 5 entrants total.
Sonic Adventure DX -- MB-BF8D2082FBE11185 Taken by Fornaximus. 7 entrants total
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing without Planes or Boats -- MB-314F5F706497ECA0 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 6 entrants total.
Sanic Spinball -- MB-B83E9815A5AFE35D - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-CDEA95B554E16587 - Taken by Accoun. 22 entrants total.
Weird European Cover Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-BBCB3E3DD397C20E - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
Sanic 1 -- MB-2C23B0C4ABEFB0E1 Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total
Sanic 2 -- MB-28AC9FDFAC846158 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 2 entrants total.
Sonic Adventure 2 -- MB-7BEE5DE68A135F96 - Taken by Honey Bunny. 8 entrants total.

t1386091986z1.png

Enjoy!

You might have to wait for one of the longer sales. Telltales latest games will take precedence over that one.

Or check out a 3rd party retailer, amazon, GMG, etc, they will probably be able to fill in the gaps.

Sadface :(

Yeah I've been checking Amazon/Steam/GMG for a while. Dunno why but I really want this game. Don't want to pay more than $10 for it though since by all accounts it sucks.

Errrr...is the programming in that game just mindblowing or something?

No, but he deserves money for being part of making an extremely good game, independent of Phil Fish's antics.

And Disasterpeace.
Or just buy the soundtrack.

Or both.

And this. Phil Fish is not the only person involved in FEZ and you don't have to like him to appreciate the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
From my point of view, if I asked someone "What do you think of Chinese food?" and that person answers "Your food just suck" and then a whole rant after that...

I am not a representative for every Chinese person, I do not have to take the backlash.

By saying 'your', Fish simply saw a Japanese person and took it out on him, because you know, he's Japanese. I consider that racist.

Saw the video review, it seems I'm not missing out on much anyway.

Edit: This post should answer how I see it, cicero.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not telling you how to feel and you have every right to be offended. I know this discussion can be difficult because it hurts a lot. While I've never been the brunt of racism, as a young immigrant to the U.S. who had an advantage over his parents as he lost his accent and could "blend in," I understand how pervasive and destructive latent and overt jingoism and racism is for our culture. I've been in the room when people thought they could comfortably talk about their real feelings on immigration and immigrants. As much as I can ever "get it," I get it.

But I think you're butting up awfully close to "what do you mean 'you people?'" type of offense with that. The question was asked by a Japanese person about the Japanese videogame industry at an event for videogame developers. If the inverse occurred, where an American asked a Japanese developer at an event in Japan what they thought about American games, I wouldn't label a "your games suck" comment as being racially motivated.

The problem is that Fish said it in the worst way possible, which he apologized for -- again in the worst way possible. Isolating specific word choices, like it was a post on Neogaf, though, is missing an important part of spoken language: situational context and inflection.

Slacker

I see Kentucky Route Zero for $12.49 on the Humble Store. I've had this one on the ol' Wish List for a while. Is it worthy? Do we know when the rest of the game will be coming out?

derExperte

Errrr...is the programming in that game just mindblowing or something?

Don't know, I'm no programmer, but if people crap on Fish for being an asshole they should equally acknowledge R. for being very nice and doing great support since day 1 of the game's release.

What are the chances Blacklist is 75% off in 4 weeks?

If I had to guess I'd say none (66% off seems more plausible) but I have 15 minutes to decide (played it on a friend's console a couple of months ago, absolutely loved it).

FloatOn

Do we really have to rehash the whole phil fish thing every time FEZ goes on sale?

I'm pretty sure if zombie Hitler made an objectively good video game I'd play it despite my feelings on the man.

Derrick01

Banned
15 minutes to decide if I want farming simulator or not. God damn why am I attracted to these games! I need to save money for possible 3DS game sales.

derExperte

I see Kentucky Route Zero for $12.49 on the Humble Store. I've had this one on the ol' Wish List for a while. Is it worthy? Do we know when the rest of the game will be coming out?

They are hard at work releasing e3 but there's no date. It's a bit frustrating as the first two eps are top notch. So... it could very well become cheaper before the game is complete or they could die of old age but I don't regret jumping in during the summer sale.

If I had to guess I'd say none (66% off seems more plausible) but I have 15 minutes to decide (played it on a friend's console a couple of months ago, absolutely loved it).

All signs point to the same discounts we got during this sale. So 50% again.

I'd go with zilch. Ubisoft is really stingy when it comes to sales, I think this is the first time - at least on Steam - that I saw Far Cry 3 at 75%.

All signs point to the same discounts we got during this sale. So 50% again.

Eh, that's true, prices won't change that much in 3 weeks, and I am expecting it to be 75% off after next August (just like Far Cry 3 is now 75% off and was released exactly a year ago).

Yeah, I'll pick it up now.

It's worthy. Weird, strange and very compelling. I would think the third act is coming very soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom