• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam client update adds universal in-game screenshots! (on cloud) [Better Voice Too]

Played a little bit of monday night combat, some images.

Are we able to link to our images for forums at all? valve bandwidth bill increasing in 3..2..

5226C8EC1E83FBE95F02E23663A9F21365946563

*edit* ok so that IS native size... lol

MNC

Rubezh said:
It also seems as though the screenshots you take are added to that game's background rotation in the library view. Nothing for non-Steam games though.
That's really neat!

I was hoping there'd be a screenshots gallery of all your friends' screenshots for a selected game when you click on said game in your steam library.

1-D_FTW

Stallion Free said:
Hopefully the final revision allows you to review screens before uploading.

So what happens if you uncheck "automatically upload videos to Steam Cloud." There's has to be options planned or it's a pretty useless check box.

Nabs

1-D_FTW said:
So what happens if you uncheck "automatically upload videos to Steam Cloud." There's has to be options planned or it's a pretty useless check box.

Nothing happens at all, very weird.

When I quit out of MNC steam auto uploaded images, but I cancelled them with 1 button press. Before I quit the game however I alt+tabbed and chose 5 good screens to upload with a message attached, so that would be the best way for selective image uploading.

1-D_FTW

Nabs said:
Nothing happens at all, very weird.

Hopefully it's just been omitted because it's early beta then. Valve has to know most people spam the screenshot button for that perfect shot.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ah, this isn't good. The Client now will not stay alive long enough to opt back out of the beta. Is there any way to get out without logging in?

Edit: Phew, that was weird. I have never had that sort of instability using Steam before and I usually opt into these betas.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I too cannot even load steam having just installed the update :eek:

Max

I am not Max
wwm0nkey said:
Here is the minecraft picture I took. So happy this works with any game you add.

[IM]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578913287260918262/580B7B632B3FA33A579FC06F0C81855864469989/[/IMG]
Even more awesome.

Glennct

Sweet!!! It's funny because yesterday I was playing ME2, and tried to take a "print screen" of my character, only to find out a black screen on Photoshop later.... XD

MNC

Oh wow you can edit your jumplist!

Also I deleted clientregistry.blob and now the screenshot feature works; it should be fixed proper though!

Zomba13

Rubezh said:
It also seems as though the screenshots you take are added to that game's background rotation in the library view. Nothing for non-Steam games though.
It'd be awesome if they added that for non-steam games.

I tested it out using a game bought outside of steam, took 3 screen fine but the problem is that it labelled the first one correctly (sonic all stars racing) then the remaining two from the same game seem to be called Mozilla Firefox. lol.

One thing this needs is the ability to make gallery sections so I can move stuff around, and maybe a trophy screenshot for my main community page.

kamspy

Can you change the screen shot key?

I don't want to live in a world where "Num 0" isn't the screen shot key.

Lyon

Annoyingly it captures the notification window too. Not a big issue, but it bothers me to see that when I've been spamming capture.

DC665EC3A08C4526633D21F2B40E89D325642D47

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
You can take a bunch of screenshots then later pick which ones get published.

I tried adding BG2 to my list and take a screenshot, no dice. I tried it with WoW and it worked. Anyone have a list of games that only support DirectX 8 or lower?

Rubezh said:

Now that is an awesome feature.

wwm0nkey said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578913287261915190/49FACCEDBEA7C73CACD3F3C8912288DC08D228A3/

What game is this? It looks like Sonic but the only StH game I've seen on Steam is just a ported version of the first one with the original assets.

wwm0nkey

I <3 Memes said:
What game is this? It looks like Sonic but the only StH game I've seen on Steam is just a ported version of the first one with the original assets.
Its Sonic Fan remix. just google search it for the demo.

Nice! so if you add a game from outside steam now your screenshots can work as a background image for them instead of just some colour gradiant, you also get an image gallery option. So nice.

Now if only it could allow custom images for some of the other steam game views...

wwm0nkey

Diablohead said:
Nice! so if you add a game from outside steam now your screenshots can work as a background image for them instead of just some colour gradiant, you also get an image gallery option. So nice.

Now if only it could allow custom images for some of the other steam game views...
Love it

wkpaox.jpg

Erebus

Regarding voice chat what Steam really needs to address is the proper support of headsets. I hate it that I'm forced to hear other people's voices through the speakers and not through my headset when I play L4D2.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Diablohead said:

hoooolllllllyyyyy shit

wwm0nkey

Willy105 said:
Love the background image feature.

Steam should expand to consoles, make Portal 2 just the first step.
Fuck that, steam should make its own console lol basically make a Steam OS but you get the point.

Top Bottom