• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

... and the last mask fell off:

Can't wait to see how they'll improve the gaming industry by getting rid of like... 90% of the players?!

"final purge of ideological opponents"...

Ideological? Is this her self-reference? I mean, the most vocal ideological driven people in this space are the activist/would-be developers and "gaming geeks" posers that keep pushing everyone to comply with their demands and political beliefs. Plus, trying to paint a picture with themselves as the main victims. These crazies are so far entrenched in one corner of the spectrum that anyone that doesn't align exactly or disagrees with their flavor of extreme is branded an ill-intended "opponent".

+ACAB
sbBjBtV.jpg

Who hurt you has already been recognized.

(...)
Man, she actually used to look kind of cute once. What an Ubisoft downgrade.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned

+ACAB
sbBjBtV.jpg

Who hurt you has already been recognized.

Holy shit, I'm actually pissed I clicked on her posted story and gave her a hit/unique visit! What a KAREN!
"..being polite almost always gets you nowhere..."

Man, it feels good knowing nobody I know would ever hang out with her. Hope her kids grow up not knowing how to read.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I know that's how most developers who are still decent are feeling, it just would be nice to see one come forward and not even really take a side, just say that for them the game comes first.

I do remember all the "controversy" around KCD and it's great the game sold well. But even then vavra (forgot his name) was kind of pushing back, i don't even want that, just acknowledgement that it's all kind of stupid.

I guess Nintendo kind of do this without really ever saying Directly, Aonuma/Miyamoto both have kind of just been like, no , link won't be female.

Most devs, and creatives in general, for whom those principles actually matter don't feel the need to say things like that and prefer the product to speak for itself. Spending time making proclamations of the sort is akin to virtue signaling in the other direction, with all the fairly and unfairly perceived baggage that will inevitably tag along for the ride. Why waste your time with this when it's only really terminally online people who get riled up about this stuff?

StueyDuck

Most devs, and creatives in general, for whom those principles actually matter don't feel the need to say things like that and prefer the product to speak for itself. Spending time making proclamations of the sort is akin to virtue signaling in the other direction, with all the fairly and unfairly perceived baggage that will inevitably tag along for the ride. Why waste your time with this when it's only really terminally online people who get riled up about this stuff?
That's really not what i am saying or anything is about. You are acting like this is about having an opinion on abortion rights and not an active element within the industry that is indeed racist and have literally said so themselves. This is not an opposing viewpoint issue and if you think it is that then you probably should read up more, in this thread especially about what is going on. It's more than people who are "terminally online"

And those devs should actually speak out instead of being quiet because much like many other major events in the world involving racism and fascistic values, doing nothing ends in disaster.

cormack12

Gold Member
Imagine spending so many years cancelling people, embedding your poison everywhere, crafting an online safe space where any dissenting voices are quickly shouted over and when you finally 'win' and only your message is out there, THATS when people realise you were always fucking batshit insane. And blue hair is a cliche.

Eiknarf

Banned
Believing that "all men are enemies" is insane and unhealthy. Then again, she won't attract any decent men if she has a toxic and shitty personality.

That's the "US vs THEM Mentality" (Tribal, Dichotomous Thinking, Black and White thinking), as written about in the excellent book The Coddling Of The American Mind. Viewing events and/or people in "all-or-nothing" terms. Incredibly harmful way to think.

Doomtrain

These individuals are exceedingly angry, bitter and twisted. It’s no coincidence that they are always tattooed. Cutting into their skin to try and find meaning.
Not totally sure what to make of this. I have tattoos and I think these people are insufferable. That has nothing to do with anything.

StueyDuck

I'm not sure how you can say this when you basically asked "why don't more people do this?" and I basically told you why more people don't do this. I'm answering the question you asked, and I didn't put words in your mouth.
If developers think this is just "terminally online" people and opinions, nothing else, then we have a bigger problem than we initially thought.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If developers think this is just "terminally online" people and opinions, nothing else, then we have a bigger problem than we initially thought.

Who are the kinds of people who get disproportionally mad when creatives don't bend the knee to their pet political projects or don't virtue signal in the way they want them to? Terminally online people. The rest of us go on and consume the product and enjoy it for what it is.

StueyDuck

Who are the kinds of people who get disproportionally mad when creatives don't bend the knee to their pet political projects or don't virtue signal in the way they want them to? Terminally online people. The rest of us go on and consume the product and enjoy it for what it is.
Well close the thread guys...

Only the cool kids just consume and consume

🤣

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well close the thread guys...

Only the cool kids just consume and consume

🤣

"The amount of noise surrounding the issue of Final Fantasy 16 having too many white people was generated primarily by people who like to shove their pet political grievances into everything they see, and not by the majority of actual consumers who just want to purchase and play a fun game for escapism and entertainment."

Is this sentence accurate or inaccurate?

StueyDuck

"The amount of noise surrounding the issue of Final Fantasy 16 having too many white people was generated primarily by people who like to shove their pet political grievances into everything they see, and not by the majority of actual consumers who just want to purchase and play a fun game for escapism and entertainment."

Is this sentence accurate or inaccurate?
That isn't the issue so no its not accurate.

The issue is game journalists and developers trying to shut down a curator, the issue are those people calling for harassment, the issue is those people in positions of power telling the world they will not hire white people or put them in their games or whatever the case may be. I'm sorry if you think that's just "terminally online" then you haven't played a video game made within the last 5 years.

Im sorry but your handwaving and gaslighting isn't really applicable here.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That isn't the issue so no its not accurate.

The issue is game journalists and developers trying to shut down a curator, the issue are those people calling for harassment, the issue is those people in positions of power telling the world they will not hire white people or put them in their games or whatever the case may be. I'm sorry if you think that's just "terminally online" then you haven't played a video game made within the last 5 years.

Im sorry but your handwaving and gaslighting isn't really applicable here.

What are you on about? I'm not gaslighting you. That's not even what gaslighting means.

This isn't even what the topic is. What you wrote in your post is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about this -

I know that's how most developers who are still decent are feeling, it just would be nice to see one come forward and not even really take a side, just say that for them the game comes first.

nush

I’m going to start a company called ‘Sour Adult Separated’ and I rock up to your company, fire all the purple haired land-whales and wedgie anyone that claims the game needs a narrative.

$3000 per hour.

Can I join? I could do with some easy money.

StueyDuck

What are you on about? I'm not gaslighting you. That's not even what gaslighting means.

This isn't even what the topic is. What you wrote in your post is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about this -
look i know the game you are playing, if you think we are all just silly people living "terminally online" then why even be in the thread.

we get it, you think this is all dumb and you just wanna buy anything, ok cool... enjoy i guess.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
look i know the game you are playing
Do tell.

if you think we are all just silly people living "terminally online"
I don't recall identifying you as terminally online.

then why even be in the thread.
Because I'm responding to a question you asked.

we get it, you think this is all dumb
I do think what Sweet Baby tries/tried to do IS dumb and doesn't apply to most people who just want to play games for fun. You seem to think so too, so I don't know why you're getting so worked up over what I'm saying.

you just wanna buy anything
According to my purchase history, I don't just buy anything. I buy games with compelling gameplay because that's what I like.

The BBC are calling for a purge of anyone who opposes SBI. And to think, there’s left wing imbeciles that think the BBC is right wing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Screenshot_2024-03-26_13-18-58.png

‘final purge’, so close to just saying ‘final solution’ which is what these maniacs want, to literally exterminate anyone that goes against the doctrine.
She even has the Twitter name starting with 'its'. She has never had an original thought in her life.

StueyDuck

Do tell.

I don't recall identifying you as terminally online.

Because I'm responding to a question you asked.

I do think what Sweet Baby tries/tried to do IS dumb and doesn't apply to most people who just want to play games for fun. You seem to think so too, so I don't know why you're getting so worked up over what I'm saying.

According to my purchase history, I don't just buy anything. I buy games with compelling gameplay because that's what I like.
cool beans

StueyDuck

The BBC are calling for a purge of anyone who opposes SBI. And to think, there’s left wing imbeciles that think the BBC is right wing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

‘final purge’, so close to just saying ‘final solution’ which is what these maniacs want, to literally exterminate anyone that goes against the doctrine.
it's funny that for these people who apparently get harassed and receive threats all the time, they sure do like to make threats and harass other people....

NickFire

Is that a parody account?

If it's not then someone should tell her to be happy because many companies have already agreed with her position. They just express their support for her theory using clever and coded language. Such as the game (hell, even movies) "failed to meet expectations", or "underperformed", or "struggled during a month with heavy competition."

StueyDuck

The man who's only crime was making a list:

i appreciate he is out front and willing to put his face to all this. Good on him for being grounded and level headed and not taking anything personally with these juvenile attacks from baby fiddler crew.

that being said i really hope this doesn't become a gateway for self promotion and overall fame, that would not go down well for the narrative the crazies love to build, so keep us updated kabrutus and doing good work, but only when it's necessary.

Last edited:

simpatico

When the teleprompter readers are openly calling for a final solution, you know things have really escalated. I'm starting to believe they really think they are the ideological majority. Internet silos are becoming the problem everyone always warned of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom