• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Lunarorbit

I think my favorite part of all of this are quotes like these two:

"The simply truth is that they hate women and don't want to see us, all this about wanting to see "real" women is a smokescreen."

Or

"It's also a self-sabotaging prophecy. With such unrealistic and exaggerated standards that human women can't accomplish, they're stuck in a fantasy for fascism/nazism."

-The simple truth is the vast majority of male gamers don't hate women.

-Go outside and look at the people engaging in physical activities and tell me what the body types are generally. There will be about 300 volleyball players in my park on Easter that are all in great shape BTW 18-45.

-There's physical standards for any fighting force in the world. There are weight restrictions and physical testing that must be completed.

-Devs need to get out of their echo chamber. You think i need to go and touch grass? How about the devs who hide indoors all day coding? Hmm. Who needs a better dose of reality?

StueyDuck

IFYXiNB.png

almost 350k ... it's not growing substantially much sadly but it is still gaining here and there.

TransTrender

Gold Member

Never played this game and I never will.
Goddamn she's ugly. Is she from the Overwatch 2 cast?
rHEzsFR.jpg

Insomniac is fucked going forward with their new Marvel deal as long as they keep doing this shit.
After the hype fades with GoW 2 and Spiderman 2 people will remember how shit nonsense some of these inclusions are, guaranteed to be doubled down again next time, and people will remember and be less interested.

Boss Mog

So I checked out the press in Europe, both general and specialized, to see what their take on the SBI controversy was and it's 100% full defense mode propaganda. They basically all call the people complaining about SBI : trolls, conspiracy theorists, racists without ever having spoken to any of them so they could explain their grievances with SBI.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Never played this game and I never will.
Goddamn she's ugly. Is she from the Overwatch 2 cast?
rHEzsFR.jpg

Insomniac is fucked going forward with their new Marvel deal as long as they keep doing this shit.
After the hype fades with GoW 2 and Spiderman 2 people will remember how shit nonsense some of these inclusions are, guaranteed to be doubled down again next time, and people will remember and be less interested.
If I remember it right she have a big ass. And better clothes most of the time. If spiderman 3 is really without Peter parket then it will prove that they lost it hard. Peter IS Spiderman. I loved miles morales, and want to play more with him, but not at the cost of loosing parker.
As for GOW, we recently got a great free DLC entirely focused on Kratos. As long as he is the main character I still have trust in Santa Monica.

So I checked out the press in Europe, both general and specialized, to see what their take on the SBI controversy was and it's 100% full defense mode propaganda. They basically all call the people complaining about SBI : trolls, conspiracy theorists, racists without ever having spoken to any of them so they could explain their grievances with SBI.
I haven't even seen it mentioned anywhere, in France at least.

Boss Mog

I haven't even seen it mentioned anywhere, in France at least.

Eiknarf

Banned

We're in trouble lads.

Wow!
They have to stop saying "unrealistic expectations" in conjunction with people/characters who are fit.
To many, seeing fit, skinny, attractive characters in games, movies, ads and billboards are an inspiration to help people strive to be their best selves.
Just like in singing competition shows, they let the good ones go onto the next level. Do they they let the contestants who can't sing in tune or have shitty timing go onto the next level? No.
The ones that don't make it have to try harder, put in the effort/work and come back next year to try again.

I remember when Dove started their curvy campaign many years ago, in those ads women were truly curvy and VERY sexy. Of course, that was perverted as everything else in the West, advocating for massive heart attacks and "overexceeding deaths" as propagandists call it in Europe right now.

Guilty_AI

I really have no idea why unhealthy body types are being promoted and embraced in the west. It's baffling.
Insecure people who are far too loud. They'd rather scream in rage over and over than do basic dieting and regular exercise. Then there's also the trans who cannot have a regular women's body and want to gaslight others into believing bulky women are "the normal".

Last edited:

nush

No idea, first time I'm seeing it.

I really have no idea why unhealthy body types are being promoted and embraced in the west. It's baffling.

It's just simp farming, they'll give you the validation without you needing to put out because once validated then chad or a "High value man" is just around the corner.

stn

I hope Lizzo really never comes back. Not just because of the accusations that she was harassing her staff, but because she's been spreading bullshit and convincing people its healthy to be obese. Its one thing to be obese and accepting of the health risks, but its another to lull people into a false sense of security and claim that its healthy when it is objectively unhealthy.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I hope Lizzo really never comes back. Not just because of the accusations that she was harassing her staff, but because she's been spreading bullshit and convincing people its healthy to be obese. Its one thing to be obese and accepting of the health risks, but its another to lull people into a false sense of security and claim that its healthy when it is objectively unhealthy.

If people are stupid enough to believe that then they deserve all of the health risks and damage that comes with it should they choose that lifestyle.

Eiknarf

Banned
Insecure people who are far too loud. They'd rather scream in rage over and over than do basic dieting and regular exercise. Then there's also the trans who cannot have a regular women's body and want to gaslight others into believing bulky women are "the normal".
It’s funny
When the men I know see jacked, ripped or even simply fit men, they get INSPIRED and MOTIVATED to make themselves look better.
Even the guys who don’t get motivated don’t throw shade at the people who are fit.

So why can’t that woke group of people just let fit women, real or fake, be?

Last edited:
She lost weight and had to swear never to do so again when her fans turned on her for doing it. She's not stupid. Maybe she's quitting so she can become healthy.

I don't buy all that abusing her staff stuff either. The stories we did hear smelled of so much bullshit.

I never looked at Kratos or god knows how many other bulked up male leads and felt under-represented for my (gran)dad bod. It's ok to have idealistic body types in games - even stylized versions of them. They're not, nor meant for, motivation. It's also fine to have characters that don't meet your fuckable standards when that's not the point either. There's some sanity in the middle ground here somewhere.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel...ain-the-motion-capture-magic-of-hailey-cooper

Biggest load of wank, god insomniac are so finished it's not even funny. how a studio went from darlings to hot shit so quickly is actually impressive. They act like putting ping pong balls on a deaf person entirely changed the industry and that gaming has been brought forward a huge step in technology :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I think Insomniac is ridiculous with this sort of stuff buy this is some major hyperbole. Insomniac is so finished? Based on what? Sorry to tell you this but the next Spiderman is still going to sell massive amounts. Who are they hot shit to? The people in this thread? They just released a 9+ game. They aren't hot shit over this sweet baby drama.

I do agree they love smelling their own farts over this dead person stuff.

StueyDuck

I think Insomniac is ridiculous with this sort of stuff buy this is some major hyperbole. Insomniac is so finished? Based on what? Sorry to tell you this but the next Spiderman is still going to sell massive amounts. Who are they hot shit to? The people in this thread? They just released a 9+ game. They aren't hot shit over this sweet baby drama.

Talking about sales is dumb...

Talking about reviews from the modern games media is also dumb...

These are stupid Talking points. In regards to what insomniac use to make and what they make now and will make going forward they are hot shit and if you played the games they had made you'd know that. Spiderman 2 was one of the worst written and created games of 2023. Side missions were bad, the level design was Bad, the story structure and direction of the game was bad, open world activities were bad. The only thing they got right was the swinging and their animation team is doing alot of heavy lifting

Spiderman2 is objectively a bad game with some good controls

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

I dont think the company is finished, but I do think all of this happening will affect sales in some way for sure for them and others. There will be plenty of influencers out there with early copies of Wolverine and they will be ringing the goddamn dinner bell over any sort of pandering, or needless political bullshit weeks before release. And that will spread like a wildfire.

Yeah sure, it'll sell millions, but I think there is a pretty reasonable chance that it also sells below expectations.

Talking about sales is dumb...

Talking about reviews from the modern games media is also dumb...

These are stupid Talking points. In regards to what insomniac use to make and what they make now and will make going forward they are hot shit and if you played the games they had made you'd know that. Spiderman 2 was one of the worst written and created games of 2023. Side missions were bad, the level design was Bad, the story structure and direction of the game was bad, open world activities were bad. The only thing they got right was the swinging and their animation team is doing alot of heavy lifting

Spiderman2 is objectively a bad game with some good controls

When you're saying a studios is finished sales is all that matters. No studio is finished if they are pumping out 10mil+ sellers consistently. Lots of people seem to think COD Is garbage online but the sales keep those studios any many others alive.

I'm not talking about media reviews. The user reviews on Metacritic were also a 9. Looks like it's an 8.9 now but still rated very highly. I haven't played it yet, it's in my library but just have to much in my back log right now. I have three different friends who all played it and all got the plat and told me I need to play it asap. Now you might not have enjoyed the game and that's fine but overall sentiment about this game is that it's fantastic. I heard nothing but positive things. Minus the sections with MJ and her super gun or something like that.

StueyDuck

When you're saying a studios is finished sales is all that matters. No studio is finished if they are pumping out 10mil+ sellers consistently. Lots of people seem to think COD Is garbage online but the sales keep those studios any many others alive.

I'm not talking about media reviews. The user reviews on Metacritic were also a 9. Looks like it's an 8.9 now but still rated very highly. I haven't played it yet, it's in my library but just have to much in my back log right now. I have three different friends who all played it and all got the plat and told me I need to play it asap. Now you might not have enjoyed the game and that's fine but overall sentiment about this game is that it's fantastic. I heard nothing but positive things. Minus the sections with MJ and her super gun or something like that.
Again... sales and reviews are dumb talking points.

You are in the wrong thread...

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Probably the best summary I have seen lately from the comments of that video:

Bellular, your understanding of the SBI incident is rather disjointed. Here's a quick summary:
1. Kabrutus made SBI Detected curator group because he believes SBI had a negative impact on games.
2. SBI employee found group.
3. SBI employee went to Twitter and asked their followers to mass report the curator group for breaking ToS (it wasn't) and mass report Kabrutus to make an example out of him (seriously, employee's stated reason was that they wanted to lock him out of his steam library).
4. React youtubers got offended by the latter and made videos about it.
5. SBI contacted various gaming journalists to right hit pieces on any who dare speak poorly of it.
6. Gaming journalists do so, attempting to dox people that follow the steam group and other similarly unsavory activities.
7. Every time one of these groups popped up, gaming community dug into their history to find signs of racism or pressed them to see modern racism. This includes but is not limited to: the original SBI employee that demanded mass false-reporting, the founder of SBI, the Kotaku journalist that first jumped to SBI's defense, and the founder of BGG. Most of the time, it's open racism toward white people.

Griffon

Bellular has always been a slow-witted simpleton.

He constantly misanalyze stuff and has to be corrected all the time. I never understood why people keep watching him.

Humdinger

I thought this fellow did a fine job of giving an overview of the situation, including background stuff about DEI, ESG, and Blackrock. Although he focuses primarily on Microsoft in the video, the problem of course is not confined to Microsoft but is evident at Sony as well.

He traces the ESG/DEI initiative from the Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum to Larry Fink (CEO of Blackrock), to Bill Gates in 2015, and then to it becoming Xbox policy in 2019. If you want to know why MS and other gaming companies are adopting self-destructive policies, this is why.

I'd never seen the clip of Larry Fink (7:40) saying, "You have to force behaviors, and at Blackrock, we are forcing behaviors." I found it chilling. He doesn't even use the word "incentivize." It's just "force." But I also realize, you might be able to force employee behavior, but you can't force consumer behavior. If you try, they will push back. They will spend their money elsewhere.

Now that "DEI" has become somewhat tarnished as a label, MS is calling it "Product Inclusion," but it's the same crap. As one example, see 11:15, where he talks about how MS instructs its developers to "Design for safety, especially as it relates to identity." God forbid anyone feels "unsafe" while playing your game. :pie_eyeroll:

Anyway, I thought he did a good job of providing an overview of the whole mess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom