• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Articalys

Okay, I'm starting to get convinced/worried that for any game where there are at least a handful more of people who want it than there are items remaining, they're going to just keep sniping and counter-sniping each other at the end of each auction period, making the gem price stay static from where it is now all the way to the final hours. Meaning if you're far enough below that number right now, you're SOL with no chance it'll ever dip into your range.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Wait, you also get XP for turning items into gems?

You get a badge for doing anything gem or auction related. It's 100XP, same as others.

lvl 1: Turn item into gems
lvl 2: Bid on an auction
lvl 3: Win an auction

Same badge, same XP for any of those.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, you also get XP for turning items into gems?

Just the first time. Gem Maker -> Auction Participant -> Auction Winner. The badge doesn't level up in the traditional sense, though, so you don't actually earn more XP by participating in/winning an auction -- it's worth a flat 100.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

BHK3

Banned
Why do some games come up as $0.00 for it's historical low with ES? Type:Rider says it's $0 right now over at gamesrepublic but it's full price if you check.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sad DmC (and 4) special editions are apparently not coming to PC.

first, was this specifically said. and most importantly, second, at least in DmC's case, we already have a 1080p 60fps version

DMC4 sounds like it has added stuff with vergil tho, so that one is a shame. But im sure it will come

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I didn't really want to bother with the gems all that much, so I got something for a single sack that hopefully someone enjoys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Please stop asking to see me in a bad Christmas sweater.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Garshasp Temple Of The Dragon -- MB-CAC6EBF1631E58AB - Taken by Sarcasm

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm giving away 15 keys for DMC4 in my thread if you guys are interested. Feel free to enter!:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952993.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 #10 -- MB-C0FBD8C7D1C8BD4E - Taken by Mengy. 147 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-6C59B9C8F869576D - Taken by skLaFarebear. 131 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #11 -- MB-48BE748672B216DF - Taken by chronomac. 128 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #14 -- MB-D089EEFDDFA994F9 - Taken by Revas. 121 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #4 -- MB-94E9C071AF581E1A - Taken by Alfebit. 124 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #5 -- MB-A068F534526D7153 - Taken by Atraveller. 122 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #6 -- MB-FA39100C9282C736 - Taken by efyu_lemonardo. 135 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #7 -- MB-8FAC151A856C7B9D - Taken by Maragidyne. 137 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #12 -- MB-A9821BD908087066 - Taken by -MD-. 131 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #13 -- MB-75F7AB0053E02808 - Taken by Jadax. 133 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #2 -- MB-D26D56055A5897BF - Taken by Accoun. 127 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #3 -- MB-3E1D1609DF9F412D - Taken by swx. 114 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #8 -- MB-918954623C34F94C - Taken by Elija2. 136 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #9 -- MB-6397BF9297AFADEE - Taken by Kyou. 115 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 #15 -- MB-9A6D7DE0B836A394 - Taken by Kuroyume. 120 entrants total.

t1418796526z1.png

Right+back+at+ya+b+tch+game+devil+may+cry+4+can_a942db_4381297.gif

Sini

Does Dark Souls key I get when right clicking its library entry work for giving away or do I have to launch it with GFWL to get working key? I gave the key I got from Steam interface to friend but he says it's duplicate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone got a hookup to Russian Steam? I want to upgrade to Ultra SF4 preferably at the Russian price.

if only there was some sort of seasonal period where games become cheaper than they are right now... like some sort of sale perhaps? maybe a winter sale?

nah thats crazy talk

zkylon

zkylewd
Clover may have her own skill tree/perk deck, I have not checked, but it would make sense. That's $5

The hosting and guns or whatever would be tied to the actual heist DLC. That's $7.

I'm an "enthusiast" and I'm not inclined to drop $12 on the both of them combined. I'll just keep working on my backlog for now.
7$ for the heist and 5$ for the character/weapons/skilltree.

yeah that sounds expensive

he said it was 5 bucks that's why i thought that

first, was this specifically said. and most importantly, second, at least in DmC's case, we already have a 1080p 60fps version

DMC4 sounds like it has added stuff with vergil tho, so that one is a shame. But im sure it will come
There were a couple of changes that would be great in an official release, but I suppose we do have mods to fill it in.

I don't think PC was excluded or included in the announcement. Just seems odd that they'd not announce it at the same time.

Rhaknar

BUT I WANT IT NOW DAMN IT. You can't beat $5 even in sale!

if only russian prices also lowered because they too get the same discounts. that would be cool... sure would. I understand tho sayayaya, the 18th is afterall, 2 days away. 2 whole days o_O I mean, thats 48 hours! Or 2880 minutes! thats more than 2 thousand! nobody can reasonably wait 2 thousand of anything.

Sajjaja

if only russian prices also lowered because they too get the same discounts. that would be cool... sure would. I understand tho sayayaya, the 18th is afterall, 2 days away. 2 whole days o_O I mean, thats 48 hours! Or 2880 minutes! thats more than 2 thousand! nobody can reasonably wait 2 thousand of anything.

That is one hundred and seventy two THOUSAND eight hundred seconds.

THAT'S MORE THAN HUNDRED THOUSAND TIME UNITS. DONT YOU SEE? THAT'S A LONG TIME.

Rhaknar

That is one hundred and seventy two THOUSAND eight hundred seconds.

THAT'S MORE THAN HUNDRED THOUSAND TIME UNITS. DONT YOU SEE? THAT'S A LONG TIME.

imagine counting them

18lr9ukr5y5e0jpg.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So I need the Greatshield of Artorias, Drake Sword, and Dark Hand to pick up my final achievement. Can anyone help me?

I'm at SL 100.

Craft the shield from Sif's soul, shoot the dragons tail till you get the Drake Sword from it, and beat up Dark Wraiths until they drop a Dark Hand?

So I need the Greatshield of Artorias, Drake Sword, and Dark Hand to pick up my final achievement. Can anyone help me?

I'm at SL 100.

If you haven't killed the Drake yet, can't you just go and snipe its tail for the Drake sword?

Also finally won an auction. Now I can sit back and either A.) see if any other games I want dip lower or B.) sell all of my gems when the price peaks.

Grief.exe

Craft the shield from Sif's soul, shoot the dragons tail till you get the Drake Sword from it, and beat up Dark Wraiths until they drop a Dark Hand?

It's the Soul of Sif actually.

If you haven't killed the Drake yet, can't you just go and snipe its tail for the Drake sword?

Just too tired to do monotonous work right now!

These weapons aren't terribly difficult to get, I'm just being lazy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's the Soul of Sif actually.

Just too tired to do monotonous work right now!

These weapons aren't terribly difficult to get, I'm just being lazy.

I actually edited that in when I realized. lol Stop being lazy! Just go buy a bunch of arrows and shoot at the dragon's tail already and go on a Wraith murdering spree.

Top Bottom