• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribeiro

So I should not play video games at all or go on GAF at all.

MMOs don't require you to play them 20 hours a day you know.

Normally every game you play have a ending, but its not the case with MMOs, and yes, if you want to be the best of the bestyou need to play countless hours. I played Lineage 2 in a server that had 1000+ players and it was hell, every night we should if enemies X,Y or Z weren't changing points and doing agreements through the Olympics, if they weren't killing some epic boss, etc

Won Sarcasm's mystery giveaway but I already had the game, so here it is again:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I'm a Wild West Mystery -- MB-52EFEC8AC91B54D5 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.

t1449780088z1.png

Hint: It's a Wild West multiplayer game which wasn't made by Fatshark.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I literally just failed my real analysis final today, so I'm feeling pretty shit. But hey, free games!!!!

And I heard you guys like trivia giveaways, so here's one for you guys!!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for thesaucetastic:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half-Life 2 -- MB-FC3E78F311992D9B - Taken by gurm3n. 4 entrants total. Trivia Question: Is my life trash?

t1449789928z1.png

Here's a visual hint to the answer:
tumblr_lfmxdy3mnq1qersu1.jpg

Oh yeah it's a steam gift, but I'm US-bound so it shouldn't matter I think.

Dr Dogg

Dat 2001 PS2 B-tier JRPG HUD tho... I take it there's no way to scale that monstrosity off the screen or into a corner at about a fourth the size?

Well you can still hide the minimap. GeDoSaTo crashes the game so sadly that's not an option for now (though I can see in the logs where it's causing an error but not something I can fix). Oh and seeing as that's a metric fuckton of hardware AA it does expose that the game still does like to kick down to 33.3ms without fully utilising my GPU. Not quite as bad as XIII and now where near as bad as XIII-2 but I've not gone to one of the more open and populous areas yet.

Gaming side was a mistake...

The_Monk

Hey everyone! I just finished Burgers so I decided to give my little impressions from the game.

Steam Review: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/385830

The first impressions I had from this game were not the best at first but it quickly changed my mind once I gave a fair shot. Burgers is inspired by games like Castle Crashers where mindless co-op fun takes place. The idea is not original at all but I see this is coming from a new developer in the industry so consider that when providing useful feedback or even when playing the game.

The story is about a group of soldiers who were deployed for a mission that turned out to be more dangerous than expected and not with the enemies they had in mind. In order to save the world (cliché, I know) they have to ignore their main mission for a greater cause. At your disposal, you have several sorts of weapons that you can buy with some funny names with different designs as well. As you advance in the game you will level up and acquire money for said weapons which will become very useful in later levels. Speaking of the levels, there aren’t many of them and I guess that the small price reflects on the small content the game has to offer. Still, it can be a quick side distraction for those dead hours or if you just want a quick gaming session without having to worry about complex tutorials or something similar.

At this point there is no local co-op which can be a deal breaker for some, however I believe that this a feature that will planned for their next game. Still, it was a big missed opportunity. In the end, I believe this game can be worth your time, just don’t expect a quality story driven game or even a original concept, otherwise you will be disappointed.

zkylon

zkylewd
riding off how much i liked tales from the boredlands i'd like to see them do some of my favorites like fallout, league and izombie

if it has the same quality as tales from the boredlands then i'm open for anything

Uzzy

KOTOR was released July 15th 2003. So someone turning 18 this year would have been 6 when that game came out. So yes, some people might have missed out on that classic.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bermuda -- MB-D145190D9C632286 - Taken by Jazz573
Unhack -- MB-FC71BCEBEA9CFFD9 - Taken by Naaq

Hektor

riding off how much i liked tales from the boredlands i'd like to see them do some of my favorites like fallout, league and izombie

if it has the same quality as tales from the boredlands then i'm open for anything

Telltale should make a telltale game about telltale, where telltale devs are working on a new telltale game engine.

Will suck cock and pay 25 dollars for a Siege uplay code.

You're cheap.

They're doing Batman. the problem i see with that is that Batman doesn't kill and his moral code is pretty well known by everyone so I wonder how they're going to tear the player apart regarding difficult choices given that everyone will probably go into every choice wondering What Would Batman Do?

zkylon

zkylewd
Telltale should make a telltale game about telltale, where telltale devs are working on a new telltale game engine.
while it for sure has a lot of annoyances (no skippable cutscenes, no checkpoint jumping like in lis, awkward controls, downloading episodes one at a time in-game is the worst) it gets the job done and i didn't have that many issues with it tbh

They're doing Batman. the problem i see with that is that Batman doesn't kill and his moral code is pretty well known by everyone so I wonder how they're going to tear the player apart regarding difficult choices given that everyone will probably go into every choice wondering What Would Batman Do?
morality isn't always about killing or not killing

maybe you can get some information quickly by beating up a baddie or just do it the less evil way and investigate like a proper detective but potentially take longer and risk ppl's lives, i dunno

batman's always had that kind of tension of what is the morally grey line he can walk on, so i bet there's a lot of room to give the player uncomfortable questions. things like his big brother machine from the dark knight, that kind of shit

Ludens

Banned
It seems Lightning Returns has missing contents, not only Aerith one:

Other Outerworld (Connect Online) items that are missing are the following:
Afro & Gold Chick
Afro & Silver Chick
Blue Moogle Bobble
Clown's Silk Hat
Coronet
Crown
Cute Cactuar Figurine
Dancefloor Shades
Gold Chocobo Chick
Miniflan Figurine
Pink Newsboy Cap
Priest's Tricorne
Red Silk Hat
Tonberry Figurine

Ruruja

Decided to give FF XIII-2 another shot with Lightning Returns being released.

Disabling Steam Cloud for it finally fixed all my CTD issues and now I can play it merrily.

The_Monk

XCOM 2 season pass is £16, still have no clue what is in it from that store page =/

It would be nice if they had a physical release with the season pass included as well as part of a Collector's or Limited Edition. That would be very interesting considering retail games tend to be cheaper than buying from Steam directly.

AHA-Lambda

It would be nice if they had a physical release with the season pass included as well as part of a Collector's or Limited Edition. That would be very interesting considering retail games tend to be cheaper than buying from Steam directly.

Yeah, Amazon UK had XCOM 2 for £10 less than Steam :p

Idlemaster logged me out and stopped idling in the middle of doing it's job. Why did it do that? I had to put my credentials in it a couple times this week and now this weird thing.

Blu(e)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH -- MB-5AAF740FA369929A - Taken by TheAutomator. 6 entrants total.
METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-F4712DA68B3AF88F - Taken by TheMadMan007. 7 entrants total.
METAL SLUG X -- MB-1FDA259429CF7C75 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 16 entrants total.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-8C9551ED1D85D582 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.

t1449792689z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idlemaster logged me out and stopped idling in the middle of doing it's job. Why did it do that? I had to put my credentials in it a couple times this week and now this weird thing.

Every time Idle Master checks to see if there are remaining card drops, it needs to request the page as you (using your cookie data). If Idle Master gets a page it's not expecting (usually the sign in page) then it assumes your cookie data is invalid and discards them.

So this is either a case of Steam itself invalidating your existing cookie data for security reasons, or that Steam's servers are acting funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom