• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed a lot of Activision games (seems to be all games from the Sierra Humble Bundle) are 40% off until January 2nd. Is there a reason for that?

What are your specs?
i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 1070
8GB RAM
On my 1070/i5-2500k I got a locked 60 for the most part, few dips and trouble spots, with a mix of high and very high settings (textures the only think on Ultra). It definitely runs better now but it's still rough especially if you want to play at all the way Ultra.
A shame how this game turned out, fuck IDTech5
I just noticed a lot of Activision games (seems to be all games from the Sierra Humble Bundle) are 40% off until January 2nd. Is there a reason for that?
Well, Activision is never humble. There's always a catch!

Oh and Guilty Gear is locked to 1080p without INI shenanigans? lol

Modbot question:

What are the commands to get it to spit out lists of giveaways you won and giveways you made? Both tutorial threads don't have them listed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Modbot question:

What are the commands to get it to spit out lists of giveaways you won and giveways you made? Both tutorial threads don't have them listed.

post 5 under Troubleshooting ModBot: Common Tasks You Can Do
HPwixO7.png

The only things that aren't in the tutorial are both for ModBot Giveaway Support Staff (TM) only:
- Attaching ModBot to a new thread
- Reading the debug logs to audit a giveaway

illusionary

I tried my luck
and lost
with GMG's mystery game bundle...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Corproate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-C39FA652F7ABFF84 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1481783854z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
You guys think removal is that likely? $29.99CAD is a bit higher than I would like to pay, but if it's likely the game's getting removed I'll definitely grab it.

Also, Activision's Transformers games are all on sale too. Coincidence, or likely they'll be delisted as well?

Transformers seems likely, because otherwise I don't think they would have discounted the newest Transformers by 80% this soon.

source.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-5867BADECC3F628E - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
BLAM BLAM PLANET (itch.io) -- MB-31D44BB5A101B663 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
ORBURON -- MB-A399D453DDF38C4B - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
GASPAR'S GHOST PANIC (itch.io) -- MB-D2E948E1B547D06D
Sometimes Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-FC4ADDF5089FB866 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
KUNOI (itch.io) -- MB-BBB001F5452BC7BA - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
CARRIE'S ORDER UP (itch.io) -- MB-5F9B8E37E44BBE0B - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
QUESTRUN -- MB-964619207152E94D - Taken by krczt23. 1 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-43363BC289AEDDB4 - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.
RAGE PARKING SIMULATOR 2016 (itch.io) -- MB-CA6427B6CC7BDE40
THREE DEAD ZED #1 -- MB-5EC2445CDFC91510 - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
MAJOR CONTRACT (itch.io) -- MB-5FA71C16CD8A457B
RED GOBLIN CURSED FOREST -- MB-2D39829C28E75192 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Freebie -- MB-FA3A49D38AD3113D - Taken by Stumpokapow. 3 entrants total.
AFTER THE END THE HARVEST -- MB-802897AD351A5071 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
CRYSTALS OF TIM -- MB-D7EB60460F8EB0FC - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
HotLead -- MB-D97FC99C8ECD740B - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-F0A1FFD35B83D042 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
NANINIGHTS -- MB-C9745CCD8B5E8A4C - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.

HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE -- MB-67F6C184E6FC686C - Taken by bwral12. 1 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-82F047CDB866C079 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gold Rush! Classic was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BLAM BLAM PLANET (itch.io) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ORBURON was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for GASPAR'S GHOST PANIC (itch.io) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sometimes Success Requires Sacrifice was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for KUNOI (itch.io) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CARRIE'S ORDER UP (itch.io) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for QUESTRUN was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Woodle Tree Adventures was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for RAGE PARKING SIMULATOR 2016 (itch.io) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for THREE DEAD ZED #1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for MAJOR CONTRACT (itch.io) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for RED GOBLIN CURSED FOREST was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Freebie was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AFTER THE END THE HARVEST was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CRYSTALS OF TIM was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for HotLead was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Particula was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for NANINIGHTS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Bits was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1481784726z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 1070
8GB RAM

You should be fine but may have to experiment with texture quality. The current theory is that the game lumps of all of the virtual texture transcoding settings into the single texture quality setting, which can create a CPU bottleneck if the option you've selected is too high. Rage, Doom and I think the Wolf14 games have a console command that offloads texture transcoding to a CUDA-supporting Nvidia GPU, however Dishonored 2's console remains locked away.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, Tom Clancy's The Division is having a free weekend on Uplay starting tomorrow until like the end of the 18th?

Hopefully I can knock out a bunch of the main story without excessive grinding...

Wait Dishonored 2 runs on idtech? Lol fuck that shit I would've gone with crytek or unreal instead of that shit lol.
Sorry, it uses "Void". But void is just a modification of idtech5 and it shows, much like The Evil Within.
But what about Doom
Idtech 6 is actually great and fixes everything wrong with 5.
You should be fine but may have to experiment with texture quality. The current theory is that the game lumps of all of the virtual texture transcoding settings into the single texture quality setting, which can create a CPU bottleneck if the option you've selected is too high.
Hmm. Well Bethesda screwed everything up so I won't be buying it until it's like $10 anyway but yeah.

Tizoc

75% ain't 80% ;)
Fair enough then :p

Space hulk deathwing has some optimization problems it seems
Hope they patch it up soon qnd add in proper comtroller support
Then again m+keyboard for a shooter should be 2nd nature for us pc peeps
But ya know preferences and all

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there a reason the new Star Wars collections:
a) Don't use the new bundle discount format?
b) Don't include Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, which has been on GOG for a while but hasn't made it over to Steam yet?

Lomax

You guys think removal is that likely? $29.99CAD is a bit higher than I would like to pay, but if it's likely the game's getting removed I'll definitely grab it.

Also, Activision's Transformers games are all on sale too. Coincidence, or likely they'll be delisted as well?

The 80% for Transformers makes me think that's the ones likely to be removed, that seems to be Activision's pattern. TMNT is fairly new and only 50% off, so that would surprise me a lot more. But you never can tell. Activision has also removed and later brought back more games than any other company I can think of.

donny2112

Just realized Disney Infinity 3.0 (the FTP one) was pulled off Steam at the end of September. Had been putting off getting it due to the hefty download size but was finally in the mood to push through the bandwidth after beating the Star Wars prequel playset on console (the figures give you codes to use in the PC game, so it was a no additional cost action to duplicate your physical purchases into the PC game). They have a "Gold" version for a not terrible $30, but after going from a "no additional charge" model to a $30 one, it just sits badly. (-_-)

You guys see this shit?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460510

BTW, why the fuck does Valve allow openly racist posts and reviews on their service?

My kids use Steam for fuck's sake.

I've reported all of them, hopefully Valve will do something about it.

Just realized Disney Infinity 3.0 (the FTP one) was pulled off Steam at the end of September. Had been putting off getting it due to the hefty download size but was finally in the mood to push through the bandwidth after beating the Star Wars prequel playset on console (the figures give you codes to use in the PC game, so it was a no additional cost action to duplicate your physical purchases into the PC game). They have a "Gold" version for a not terrible $30, but after going from a "no additional charge" model to a $30 one, it just sits badly. (-_-)

The Disney Infinity line was cancelled earlier this year. They announced that the titles would be pulled, but the singleplayer modes would still be up on Steam for people who purchased any DLC on the platform. Sadly, they can't check if you have non Steam character codes, so people who didn't have anything on Steam can't access the game anymore.

idT5 isnt inherently bad I dont get the stupid hate. Ita rooted in days of 512mb/1gb vgas that couldnt handle MTs.
60fps cap
Soupy textures up close
The one benefit (60fps!) only applies to consoles
Gigantic install sizes (before games were regularly 50gb)
Disastrous results if you modify the engine

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You guys see this shit?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460510

BTW, why the fuck does Valve allow openly racist posts and reviews on their service?

My kids use Steam for fuck's sake.

Reported all of the reviews and all of the profiles of the reviewers; Valve will do precisely nothing because they literally don't care whatsoever about abuse or racism on their service. To them, racist reviews is the market reflecting the game's appeal. The mechanism for getting rid of racist reviews is voting up not racist reviews and voting down racist reviews. It's embarrassing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Guys, 007 Legends is bad, right ? But what about 007 Blood Stones ? Is it better to own it on Steam ?

007 Legends is bad, Bloodstone is pretty good, and there's no benefit to own it on Steam specifically except being a Steam collector. Retail copies of Bloodstone DO NOT activate on Steam. We're buying it because we're suckers for removed games collecting.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll do my part in reporting everyone who made the reviews too, and one step further, posting about it on the developer forums of Steam.

Teggy

How come the Star Wars games are only discounted in bundles? I believe the only games I am missing out of the whole bunch are Force Unleashed 1+2 (played 1, it was kind of terrible), Starfighter, the bad Clone Wars game, Rebel Assault and Rogue Squadron.

Heck, I'd probably never play any of them but it's nice to have the option to throw some money away on +1s.

Thanks for this gnna try and get me a copy when i get home
Hope therell still be some left :x

You should be ok. Says "more than 10"

Looks like that was the only copy they had :(
Try this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/007-LEGENDS...554431?hash=item3ad4e0057f:g:338AAOSwUxNXh15~

How do you pay without paying the shipping fee? When I go to check out on eBay games it doesn't let me buy the item without actually paying?

Edit: Oh, "Make Offer".

Yea, I made an offer for 7.50 and it auto accepted but sent him a message to wave the shipping. He agreed and sent me an invoice after.

Guys, 007 Legends is bad, right ? But what about 007 Blood Stones ? Is it better to own it on Steam ?
Yea it is bad but muh delisted game lol

007 Legends is bad, Bloodstone is pretty good, and there's no benefit to own it on Steam specifically except being a Steam collector. Retail copies of Bloodstone DO NOT activate on Steam. We're buying it because we're suckers for removed games collecting.

I think the Just For Games ones do :eek:
I'll have to check anyway and yes, the only reason I asked is because of owning two removed games, I'd actually like the one that sucks less :p

donny2112

The Disney Infinity line was cancelled earlier this year. They announced that the titles would be pulled, but the singleplayer modes would still be up on Steam for people who purchased any DLC on the platform. Sadly, they can't check if you have non Steam character codes, so people who didn't have anything on Steam can't access the game anymore.

Yeah, knew it got cancelled earlier this year, but apparently totally spaced on it being pulled from Steam at the end of September. Can still play through the rest of the Star Wars modes on console, but liked the idea of having a Steam version available years down the line. Guess that was a pipe dream anyway, then. Thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there a different listing? That one just shows "This listing has ended." when I click on it.

View the original listing and he has more copies.

Yeah, knew it got cancelled earlier this year, but apparently totally spaced on it being pulled from Steam at the end of September. Can still play through the rest of the Star Wars modes on console, but liked the idea of having a Steam version available years down the line. Guess that was a pipe dream anyway, then. Thanks!

Are the Star Wars modes online only or removed from the Gold Edition of Disney Infinity 3.0? I haven't been following the product close enough to know, but I am interested in seeing if they can do right by their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom