• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

For loli animu shit, I'd actually give it a second chance if it came to Steam. What little I played of it on 3DS was quite fun.

Honestly, it's never really bothered me in EO. Mostly it's the player portraits that are like that, and the gameplay is absolute top tier DRPG.

Do dislike the shopkeeper design in 2 though, and a couple of the character portraits.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Carmack got cleared, they got fined because Palmer Luckey broke NDA.

After reading new updates Carmack did stole files but he won't need to pay anything.

I believe they still might be able to have the Oculus pulled from shelves if they determine there's Zenimax-era Carmack work-product in there. So it's not part of the 500 million award, but Carmack's actions may still hurt Oculus.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This
moon
shit is doing nothing for me, FF4 completly fell apart 2/3 of the way through imo :/

Pachimari

- Steam no longer shows notifications for all of your friends who are online/in-game when you first sign-in, instead you see notifications only for friends who change status after you sign-in

This. Finally!

Wait, did John Carmack get fired from Oculus?

What's going on with this Steam update? First it made me log in again which it never does, it has a stuck yellow bar on the taskbar icon like it's paused downloading something even though its not, and it seems to have jumbled up the order of the games in 'recent'.

Unai

I'm upgrading from a 970 to a 1080 tomorrow and I'm very excited because I'm playing more or less with the same hardware level for 3 years or so. I had that first Titan 6 GB, but I sold it because of the great value of the 970 and gaming wise they had almost the same performance at the time, and I was planning to make SLI (which I don't have at this date). The v-ram of 970 is already becoming a limiting factor. Feels good to get a single card that's almost double the power of the previous one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's definitely an issue. Too much of a slog.

its not even a long game compared to most FFs, but yeah, its a shame. I was actually really into it for the first 15 hours or so, now I just want it to end.

Quantum

What's going on with this Steam update? First it made me log in again which it never does, it has a stuck yellow bar on the taskbar icon like it's paused downloading something even though its not, and it seems to have jumbled up the order of the games in 'recent'.

just happened to me too - really irksome, I liked my recent list.

Tizoc

Whoa, I'm already at 11 games beaten this year. 13 if I could count the games I beat on the 29th and 30th of December.

This'll probably drop off once I start the games that take an assload of times to get through.
23 on ym end :x

Also this is my forst time learning of ready at dawn's new game :eek:

Rhaknar

final fantasy bosses (or jrpg bosses? I dunno all ive been playing is FF games) have the uncanny ability to make me lose all will to live and just crawl under a table and just, just stay there until I wither away.

It literally feels like I just wasted half an hour of my life when I die at them. Not even Dark Soul bosses make me feel this way. Im not even angry, im just completely bummed out.

kagamin

I also genuinely like Himukai's art:
CckLXASW8AEgwrH.jpg

Vamphuntr

I find his artstyle creepy as it turns me off from the EO games deeply. He draws women like they are 6 years old kids while he draws men like they are adult.

Anteater

doing so little XIII-2 progress that I might aswell set it aside because im not going to finish it before Atelier for sure (and I want to play Atelier day 1 if only to justify the day 1 purchase...which technically I havent done it yet lol).

One thing tho, I finished chapter 1 and did the time travel thing, there was A LOT of nodes in that time travel screen to choose (well not to choose because I could only choose the next one, but eventually I guess) so maybe the game isnt as short as I was lead to believe.

Then I foought a giant hand, this game is weird. I see they are going to put those quicktime events during normal battles, which im kinda ok with I think?

Still no monster taming tho, but I stopped shortly after fighting that giant hand.

I think I beat it at like 20hrs, it's not very long if you know where to go and not do all the sidequests, I think I needed to turn the game down to easy at the last boss though because I was underleveled

Xanathus

I bought the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass, downloaded the update, updated my mods, booted the game up, and got overwhelmed by all the changes.

Pachimari

Final Fantasy 1 is a pretty short game isn't it? I just got the mystic key and is going back to get all the items behind locked doors I've passed by so far.

Rhaknar

The Early Access survival train keeps going...

Makes me wonder if a big publisher will try to do one. Maybe a FarCry spin-off?

A big publisher did try, and suceeded.

Sony with No Man's Sky.

:3

edit: also lol at
Golbez
being
Cecil's brother
, fuck off FF IV. Ill take the XIII games anime incomprehensible bullshit over this cliche trite any day. Man I've turned hard on this game :/

Rhaknar

The fuck at those categories nabs? :eek:

Edit: "We're off to fight the last boss but
Rosa and Rydia stay behind, this is no place for women, go back to the kitchen and let the men take care of business
"

This game is shit.

The fuck at those categories nabs? :eek:

Edit: "We're off to fight the last boss but
Rosa and Rydia stay behind, this is no place for women, go back to the kitchen and let the men take care of business
"

This game is shit.

That part was so stupid.

"Yeah we're going into the final battle with three party members instead of five, because sexism."

Rhaknar

ugh I see the end game is a never ending series of bosses, cba with this shit right now.

Strazyplus

wow nothing / little of note releasing this month. and I am sitting here desperate to play something but feel a little burnt out at the same time :l

Nabs

Sorry, no Pandora's Tower or ilomilo on Steam.

Ahh, I too was also wondering what was up with those tabs. I think that would drive me a little crazy if I had it like that.

I like to focus on a few games at a time, so having it like this is helpful.

edit: also lol at
Golbez
being
Cecil's brother
, fuck off FF IV. Ill take the XIII games anime incomprehensible bullshit over this cliche trite any day. Man I've turned hard on this game :/

To be fair, it might not be that trite when it's first released back in the 18th century.

But seriously, I feel like IV is a soap opera that never stops from the moment
Kain betrayed Cecil due to jealousy

I praised android assualt cactus before playing it. I had a feeling it'd be so good. It's just alright, kinda boring actually.

Momentary

Banned
You can use the AA compatibility bit :0x084012C5 in NVIDIA Inspector to apply SGSSAA to Berseria. It's the same one used for Zestiria.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5175770&postcount=3204

If you don;t find the game's AA solutions to be to your liking, this should smooth things out a bit more. x4 SGSSAA is VERY demanding. Even at 1080p. x8 even more so. But if you got a 1070 or 1080 and want to give this game a little more push then this should be good for you.

Note: Turn off other AA solution even if you choose to override them. I had performance issues keeping SMAA on.

Note 2: x2 SGSSAA works as well and is the most recommended option @ 4K or 5K if you're running some kind of monster rig. Also, if you're running ultra shadows for TBFix, bump them down to high for a big boost in performance.

Note 3: Don't use x8 SGSSAA on this game period. Unless you're from the future and have a Titan X Volta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom