• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadblob

- Added a setting to disable group event and announcement notifications
- Steam no longer shows notifications for all of your friends who are online/in-game when you first sign-in, instead you see notifications only for friends who change status after you sign-in

These 2 were pretty annoying, glad they gave us a solution.

Knurek

Oh shit! New Steam Client incoming?!

(Found in the new beta)

bdEripN.jpg

Forza 5?
MS buying out Valve?

FLD

Oh shit! New Steam Client incoming?!

(Found in the new beta)

Oh my shit, yes please! We are so overdue for a complete overhaul.

Separate libraries for apps, games, music, etc. would be amazing. Managing all the soundtracks I own is such a headache right now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Holy shit please be real, it looks lovely

Um... that doesn't sound right. What 970 do you have? Like manufacture? You should be running something like 1497Mhz or something along those lines. The 4.4Ghz is your CPU clock speed

Yeah my CPU is overclocked but was considering overclocking the GPU too, its the MSI edition iirc

Nzyme32

Please be real!! That looks pretty damn good :D

EDIT: Halo 5?

Where did you find this in the update, Nzyme?

SteamDB found it via the files in the beta, it isn't hidden really, so chances are they are just messing with concepts and trying to get feedback (without actually just asking). Files can be found under ClientUI, or SteamU.

https://github.com/SteamDatabase/St...1cfb8e5#diff-f54dc938d31dc6b6c1afc0db92eb86a0

Has anyone played DkS1 with Steam controller?

Yeah. The only way I play it now.

Nzyme32

Oh my shit, yes please! We are so overdue for a complete overhaul.

Separate libraries for apps, games, music, etc. would be amazing. Managing all the soundtracks I own is such a headache right now.

Yeah, separate libraries for different mediums that are easily accessible is a massive plus finally. Better filtering systems must be there too - justifying my failure to sort out categorising my entire library yet. I imagine it will take quite a long time to implement even when they do get round to it though. Getting all the devs to provide the right assets etc

Holy shit please be real, it looks lovely

Yeah my CPU is overclocked but was considering overclocking the GPU too, its the MSI edition iirc

Ah ok, sorry, I was confused for a moment, anyways yeah, like others said, download MSI Afterburner and use their software to tweak your Overclock, I've never seen much noticeable improvements OC'ing my GPU, So I stopped doing it and just bought a higher end GPU, but if you are just starting out, that software will help you in the right direction without damaging anything.

Teppic

Why can't Steam display the fps counter in big picture mode? If I want to test graphics settings I can't easily do it with my gamepad. What a hassle.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dangerblade, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dangerblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-46404568FF4EAA2B - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-787D5E97F4742D12 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-7D09CB8E6734A8F0 - Taken by Cels. 1 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-219B5B9807D9A716 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.

t1485987199z1.png

Hmm, if Steam were to go in a more iTunes direction, I hope they take is seriously instead of throwing out half baked support for each section of the client. Valve's track record with this sort of thing is pretty dismal. Apple's poor support of iTunes (or lack of vision/effort) turns that program into a living hellscape most of the time.

Nzyme32

Hmm, if Steam were to go in a more iTunes direction, I hope they take is seriously instead of throwing out half baked support for each section of the client. Valve's track record with this sort of thing is pretty dismal. Apple's poor support of iTunes (or lack of vision/effort) turns that program into a living hellscape most of the time.

I always wonder if itunes is just the way it is due to being on Windows, and Apple made more of an effort with their store and how it is managed on and across their own devices. However, not being a regular mac user, I have no idea how good or bad it is or if it is the same situation.

Monooboe

New Steam client design!? YES! Please be real, it's been way too long since they did something to the library section.

When you get to the last teleporter before you loop back around, pay attention to the text that pops up when you stand in front of it. If you press the normal teleport button, you start back over from the first level, but you can press a different button to actually proceed to the last level.

Oh wow totally missed that! I always listen to podcats when playing it, so I'm always in that flow when it goes well in the game, so I don't pay that much attention more than staying alive and killing everything.

I always wonder if itunes is just the way it is due to being on Windows, and Apple made more of an effort with their store and how it is managed on and across their own devices. However, not being a regular mac user, I have no idea how good or bad it is or if it is the same situation.

iTunes is more sluggish on Windows but the general UI/UX is the same. Bad on both. Plus macOS likes to open up iTunes for everything by default (unless you're even more unlucky enough that it opens in Quicktime, ugh).

Any time I plug in my iPhone into my Mac, I resign myself to being confused by every dialog and not knowing how to get anything done.

But my main concern with Steam is that they do a proper Movie store and a proper Comics store, or whatever, not just half-assed "oh we offer it kinda."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what am i missing here, cant people just go through the process and end up with a sellable steam key anyway?

Even if there's some sort of Oauthesque system in place to automatically register the key to an account, the GeForce code itself can still be sold, anyway. The only problem is that it can't be used by someone either outside of the region of purchase (but this is what VPNs are for) or without one of the qualifying GPUs.

Kifimbo

Interesting fact if you look at Steamspy: the number of games released in January 2017 is the same number of games released in January 2016. Which is 238. First sign that the exponential (and unsustainable) growth in the number of releases might have stopped ?

what am i missing here, cant people just go through the process and end up with a sellable steam key anyway?

NVIDIA is mainly doing Ubisoft games these days, so no Steam keys. The Ubisoft games get redeemed right to your Uplay account, so there's no sellable code. I'd imagine that Steam works the same way, but I don't think there's been a Steam game available to test on the new redemption system.

However, as long as the person buying the NVIDIA code has a compatible graphics card, I think the code should still redeem through their GFE. I haven't done it myself, and I don't know if anyone else has tried it, so for right now I'd be cautious until everything's worked out.

data

Uh... if someone here has an extra key of rust from the recent bundle, people are buying it upwards of €7 on a certain marketplace with a 2 in the middle. You don't get the money 2 weeks after and if you want to deposit it in your paypal you'll lose an extra €1, but that game just made the bundle free and I even got a profit off of it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is the thread title in reference to anyway?

r3n4ud

New update is nice. Did they fix the issue with the X1 controller not properly working when enabled in BPM? Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom