• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Didn't they do a similar sort of thing in P3 or am I remembering wrong

Still, it's complete bullshit.
i think i would've remembered something that's this bad

it's not like it took me that many tries, the trivia got me once because the trivia is stupid, but i got the killer right at the first try since it was really obvious by then

i wouldn't even call this the worst part of persona 4, but it sure is the one with the least positive things about it

WHy8hXT.jpg

i'd have that very same look

oversexualised anime (halfnaked "young women" that look 12) =
giphy.gif

For Honor or Sniper Elite 4, I don't really care for the multiplayer in For Honor so I would mainly be interested in the single player campaign, on the other hand I never finished Sniper Elite 3 but this new one looks neat, what do?

Nzyme32

i'd have that very same look

oversexualised anime (halfnaked "young women" that look 12) =
giphy.gif

Same opinion - which is also a bit of a shame too, as there are some great games that are less excessive in that regard but the tropey nature of many often colours my perception of those games meaning have to be pushed to try some games. That's changing gradually but there's only so far one can go in term of what you mention

Eternia

Hit the level cap in Atelier but some of the later game normal battles are just demolishing me. Granted it's a bit self-inflicted since I keep running into monsters when I have those 5 pips lit up on my minimap while collecting materials. I definitely need more cash to enhance my gear and also work on combining better traits.

JustinBB7

JaseC posted that it would come to Steam. Thankfully since the game deserves exposure.

Imagine: a card game with less randomness than the usual contenders, no mana-screw, apparently a bit of strategy depth, and great art and voices (maybe several lines per card, I'm not sure).

I just reached rank 14 in the beta. Top 700 players. And all I want is this game on Steam, the devs have sort of confirmed it once. But they're kinda iffy about it now. Would love to know for sure though, GOG Galaxy is a fucking terrible client to use for it. Specially getting friend matches to work.

Also the main reason I fear it won't come to steam is because of the micro transactions, though I guess it would just launch GOG on top of Steam like uplay does.

Platy

God damn, cards dropping like flies tonight. About time too. Haven't been lucky with my drop rate this past week.

I need to play more games that give out cards.... I have pretty bad luck of only being in the mood for non card games lately

zkylon

zkylewd
so talked to my brother and apparently i still have some more game to go, but it timeskipped cos persona 4 is stupid

so either i load back a savestate i had somewhere in the middle of the dungeon and spend those 20 days raising my social links or those days go to waste

i wouldn't mind going back to my savestate but that fucking eye monster fight is so fucking grindy and boring, it's awful

i think i'm gonna keep playing from the timeskip on

i guess i won't max out rise or whatever

So, uh, apparently a year ago, we started making games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

army of tentacles: (NOT) a cthulhu dating sim -- MB-CC6039EC5E5CF644 - Taken by Loptous
army of tentacles: (NOT) a cthulhu dating sim #2 -- MB-EB532CF1C9857D06 - Taken by Volimar
army of tentacles: (NOT) a cthulhu dating sim #3 -- MB-5124E8A3B44A446A - Taken by alr1ght
army of tentacles: (NOT) a cthulhu dating sim #4 -- MB-921D496378DF88AC - Taken by illusionary

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
herehere
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-FAE4CD98EA63787F - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
JumpJet Rex -- MB-53B2302759D4EACC - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1487217878z1.png

Does anyone know if Dusty Revenge from the Freedom bundle is the regular version or the version with the art book? I already have the game, but they don't sell the art book separately.

Lomax

Does anyone know if Dusty Revenge from the Freedom bundle is the regular version or the version with the art book? I already have the game, but they don't sell the art book separately.

I just activated my copy and... I still can't tell for sure. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the art book. It just shows as Dusty Revenge:Co-Op Edition in my license list.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 coming to North America in 2017
I actually wonder if we will get it at the same time as the console version this time.
I actually didn't buy Xrd when I had the chance because whatever they are doing has confused me very much. It seems like they keep re-releasing the game with new added characters plus a balance update, like the older SSF2 and UMK3 days? It's so fucking archaic. Every fighter that plans on progressively developing should do seasons on the same base like SFV and KI are doing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know that rpg maker games are usually dismissed outright as bundle fodder around here (including by me), but has anyone played Echoes of Aetheria by any chance? I believe it was bundled recently...somewhere.

Decided to give it a go just now, playing the tutorial for 25mins or so, and holy shit are the first impressions good. Story starts off nice with a kidnaping and you in pursuit of the kidnappers, with a thief-ish style lady showing up and joining you (nothing amazingly original or anything but its well done and gets you right into the action), the overworld graphics are your typical rpgmaker fare, although they are quite crisp and they do a lot of neat things with the sprites (much like FF6 did a lot of emoting with not a lot of animation) and the sound, which is great so far (no vocie acting tho). But the battles are whats really cool, it reminds me a lot of Breath of Fire, with it's isometric perspective. You can even move your guys around in battle to position behind people and shit so they dont take damage.

ss_f5a57e8e969751a2c554ca62a35ec6d6642c5580.jpg

Seems to have a nice selection of skills per character too, already gained a few new ones including passive skills when I got to level 2 (im a big fan of passive skills in games). Im really impressed, I guess the very positive rating it has is for something afterall.

Writing seems alright so far, has a bit of "written by a fan" feel, but nothing offensively bad, just a litte amateur hour (much like if you or me would write a game lol).

Teggy

I know that rpg maker games are usually dismissed outright as bundle fodder around here (including by me), but has anyone played Echoes of Aetheria by any chance? I believe it was bundled recently...somewhere.

Granted I don't know much about RPG maker, but given I thought it makes things that look like To The Moon, that looks kind of impressive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are those two front liners so low in HP as opposed to everyone else?

that is a fantastic question lol. Especially since as far as I can tell so far, enemies dont attack anyone directly behind someone in the front :3

so yeah, finished the tutorial and this is all sorts of fantastic. There's weapon crafting, skill augmenting, runes for weapons and gear. They keep splitting up the team and aking you use everyone which I always apreciate too. Nice surprise so far.

Granted I don't know much about RPG maker, but given I thought it makes things that look like To The Moon, that looks kind of impressive.

even the animations and spell effects are good.

Decided to give it a go just now, playing the tutorial for 25mins or so, and holy shit are the first impressions good. Story starts off nice with a kidnaping and you in pursuit of the kidnappers, with a thief-ish style lady showing up and joining you (nothing amazingly original or anything but its well done and gets you right into the action), the overworld graphics are your typical rpgmaker fare, although they are quite crisp and they do a lot of neat things with the sprites (much like FF6 did a lot of emoting with not a lot of animation) and the sound, which is great so far (no vocie acting tho). But the battles are whats really cool, it reminds me a lot of Breath of Fire, with it's isometric perspective. You can even move your guys around in battle to position behind people and shit so they dont take damage.

Seems to have a nice selection of skills per character too, already gained a few new ones including passive skills when I got to level 2 (im a big fan of passive skills in games). Im really impressed, I guess the very positive rating it has is for something afterall.

Writing seems alright so far, has a bit of "written by a fan" feel, but nothing offensively bad, just a litte amateur hour (much like if you or me would write a game lol).

I really don't understand the hate for "easy" game engines. There are some really good games from RPG Maker.

ONE WEEK FOR NIGHT IN THE WOODS GUYS

GUYS??????

YASSSSSSSS.

I hate arcsys' model but gotta give credit where credit's due. Xrd series is the best fighting game out now and it deserves to be rewarded. I even bought the bs deluxe which i rarely do

kurahador

I really done't get Xrd releases. Is Rev 2 a sequel or an expansion? Does buying Rev 2 means you'll get the contents from Sign and Revelator? Does player base is split up between games?

Eila

To the moon itself didn't use that many stock RPG Maker assets from what I remember.
In fact, this game Echoes seem to be using way more of them.
ss_d5427e946fbbd47dcb5fadb00d1043d55b69a0eb.1920x1080.jpg

But the battle system looks really cool. You can do all sorts of unique customization for your own game. In fact people have done really weird shit on RPG Maker, like shmups.

GWENT is going to be a killer-app on Steam. It is already amazing in terms of (French!) voices, art, and the reduced randomness for a card game. The flavour text on all the cards is great and perfectly translated. Same for the voices of each card.
Yes yes that's all fine and good but does it have any sex cards? Maybe as an instant action? Mayhap adorned with art of a bar wench presenting her bare hindquarters?

Is it bad whenever I get a random friend request, I go to check to see if one of their most recently played games is CS:GO, and if it is I will always decline the invitation? In my opinion, those that play tons of CS:GO are trash Steam Friends
As a person that's made a bunch of terrible life choices with over a thousand hours in CS:GO being one of them, I can support this. CS:GO players are garbage nightmare people to be avoided at all costs. I recommend blocking if they also have CS:GO items as an inventory showcase, you can never be too careful.

This is why Sans is better than Undyne.
I liked her so much until that horrible reveal. Ah well, nobody's perfect.
At least she thinks it's non-fiction and historical.

I actually didn't buy Xrd when I had the chance because whatever they are doing has confused me very much. It seems like they keep re-releasing the game with new added characters plus a balance update, like the older SSF2 and UMK3 days? It's so fucking archaic. Every fighter that plans on progressively developing should do seasons on the same base like SFV and KI are doing.
Yeahhhh this, the delayed releases of the PC versions, and the lack of crossplay are what have really gotten me disinterested in Xrd despite it looking so god damn phenomenal in all other regards. Since Rev 2 is going to be released on PC in sync with consoles, I think it'll be my first foray into it.

I really done't get Xrd releases. Is Rev 2 a sequel or an expansion? Does buying Rev 2 means you'll get the contents from Sign and Revelator? Does player base is split up between games?
So my understanding is that Xrd -SIGN- was the original game release. Then Xrd Revelator came out as the next iteration as a separate game release that made -SIGN- redundant. Revelator 2 is going to be DLC for Revelator, so it doesn't require a full new game release, but I don't know if the balance/system changes will be exclusive to purchasing Rev 2 or if they will be free for all Rev owners with only the two characters being the required purchase for current Rev owners.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi guys,

thesaucetastic just reported a bug to me where he essentially accidentally won a giveaway he shouldn't have been able to win. The short version is that in some circumstances, someone who entered a NOWINNERSDAILY raffle and won another raffle immediately before the NOWINNERSDAILY raffle drew, would not be disqualified from the NOWINNERSDAILY draw. The bug is now fixed. Sorry to any givers whose raffles went to the wrong people as a result of this bug--it's a little hard to diagnose and find so I can't easily tell how often people were impacted.

The technical cause is:
- If ModBot detects there's a NOWINNERSDAILY (WEEKLY, MONTHLY) rule, it does a draw to see if the winner it picked is actually disqualified.
- Once this occurs, if it goes to disqualify you, it writes a few lines to the debug log. This is so the people on GAF who have access to the audit log can see that the reason the person was disqualified was because of this rule.
- The code that writes this to the debug log triggered an error in certain cases. The exact error involves the conversion of a throttle timestamp to a string to output to the debug log. In some cases the throttle timestamp would be correctly converted, in others it wouldn't. The cases where it wouldn't involved people who were being examined for the global 15 minute throttle timer because they had a recent win that required further investigation.
- If there is an error in any rule, it triggers error recovery code, so ModBot doesn't crash when something goes wrong. In this particular rule's error recovery code, if the error occurs, ModBot gives the winner the benefit of the doubt (and fatally, doesn't log that this has happened, so there were no error messages where there should have been.)
- So the winner, who was just disqualified, ends up requalified.
- All programs should be written through test-driven development and I suck

This is fixed. Sorry again.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow the way you get to the true ending in p4 is absolute bullshit

it's so strange that this atlus chose to make the game a fucking minefield on the final arc, it's like freaking simon's quest or something

found it tho, i guess i'll see what's there tomorrow or when i have more time

To the moon itself didn't use that many stock RPG Maker assets from what I remember.
In fact, this game Echoes seem to be using way more of them.
ss_d5427e946fbbd47dcb5fadb00d1043d55b69a0eb.1920x1080.jpg

But the battle system looks really cool. You can do all sorts of unique customization for your own game. In fact people have done really weird shit on RPG Maker, like shmups.
they used stock assets from other places for sure (i kept recognizing some trees lol)

it's not a bad thing tho, they fit well in the game

that looks kind of like suikoden 2

cool

Xeteh

Hi guys,

thesaucetastic just reported a bug to me where he essentially accidentally won a giveaway he shouldn't have been able to win. The short version is that in some circumstances, someone who entered a NOWINNERSDAILY raffle and won another raffle immediately before the NOWINNERSDAILY raffle drew, would not be disqualified from the NOWINNERSDAILY draw. The bug is now fixed. Sorry to any givers whose raffles went to the wrong people as a result of this bug--it's a little hard to diagnose and find so I can't easily tell how often people were impacted.

The technical cause is:
- If ModBot detects there's a NOWINNERSDAILY (WEEKLY, MONTHLY) rule, it does a draw to see if the winner it picked is actually disqualified.
- Once this occurs, if it goes to disqualify you, it writes a few lines to the debug log. This is so the people on GAF who have access to the audit log can see that the reason the person was disqualified was because of this rule.
- The code that writes this to the debug log triggered an error in certain cases. The exact error involves the conversion of a throttle timestamp to a string to output to the debug log. In some cases the throttle timestamp would be correctly converted, in others it wouldn't. The cases where it wouldn't involved people who were being examined for the global 15 minute throttle timer because they had a recent win that required further investigation.
- If there is an error in any rule, it triggers error recovery code, so ModBot doesn't crash when something goes wrong. In this particular rule's error recovery code, if the error occurs, ModBot gives the winner the benefit of the doubt (and fatally, doesn't log that this has happened, so there were no error messages where there should have been.)
- So the winner, who was just disqualified, ends up requalified.
- All programs should be written through test-driven development and I suck

This is fixed. Sorry again.

This is clearly why I didn't win any giveaways. How dare you.

Nice catch thesaucetastic

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just activated my copy and... I still can't tell for sure. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the art book. It just shows as Dusty Revenge:Co-Op Edition in my license list.

It's a depot rather than DLC. If you open Steam's console, type in licenses_for_app 252430 and the reported package ID is 38723, then you have the game + art book bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom