• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Assassin's Creed Chronicles China won't cooperate I decided to start FFX

What's the difference between standard and expert grid system?
Also Original or arranged soundtrack?
Standard has more nodes and allows you to maximize a characters intended stats faster since they have their own standardized grid(I.e. can get a magic user stronger magic quicker since they are in their own grid). Expert has most characters grids close together and have a little more freedom in how you want to evolve your character (I.e. can make an attacker a magic user, make white mage become a black mage) but if you don't know the best way to evolve the character then it can backfire on you and make every one weak since they all can do 100s of things but suck at all those things.

Standard is usually the best way to go if it's your first time.

The soundtrack is a tough one. The original to me sounds better but the arranged does have better quality and intensity with some songs. I'd say start with original. You can switch to arranged in game if you want and hear the differences and see if you might like that better.

Tomasety

Finally got an answer from Codemasters support.

It was really strange to see Dirt 3 Complete as a part of G2A bundle "done in cooperation with the developers".

---

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning DiRT 3.

DiRT 3 is no longer available for sale on Steam. Any site still selling Steam keys for this game does so without authorisation from Codemasters.

Kind regards
XXX
Codemasters Customer Services

Ludens

Banned
Since Assassin's Creed Chronicles China won't cooperate I decided to start FFX

What's the difference between standard and expert grid system?
Also Original or arranged soundtrack?

Standard is limited, but pretty much you are on the road to gain the abilities you need to proceed. Expert is totally open, so you can end up in a grid of another character and get the ability you want very fast, but you need to know what you are doing, because it increases the chance to screw up your characters. Original ost if possibile.

It was really strange to see Dirt 3 Complete as a part of G2A bundle "done in cooperation with the developers".

---

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning DiRT 3.

DiRT 3 is no longer available for sale on Steam. Any site still selling Steam keys for this game does so without authorisation from Codemasters.

Kind regards
XXX

I guess that settles it.

Hey so I haven't played XCOM 1 at all, well tried. I usualyl get side tracvk. (Plus I am halfway through DDDA and other crap). I have XCOM2 and my friend is ranting about it. Should I play it? lol

XCOM2 has taken over my life recently so I definitely think everyone should give it a go, but if you didn't get sucked in whilst playing the first then I wouldn't expect you to find the sequel any more engaging. If you've barely started the first one then I'd definitely recommend giving it a bit more time before writing it off.

duppolo

In all the hours playing TW3 I hadn't been aware that Space cancels crossbow/bomb aim/throws. Unbelievable. The situations I could have avoided with this knowledge.

Seems to be a game that really clicks with some and turns others completely off. That Super Bunnyhop review made it look tedious but it's pretty at least.

if you compare it to others vg it seems that it is too less. if you think of it as an activity, it feels like is much better then almost every game i played last year

Hey so I haven't played XCOM 1 at all, well tried. I usualyl get side tracvk. (Plus I am halfway through DDDA and other crap). I have XCOM2 and my friend is ranting about it. Should I play it? lol

XCOM 2 has taken over all my free time after the Long War 2 mod came out. I never even played vanilla XCOM 2, TBH, but the amount of time I sank into LW2 so far is amazing. And I am only now scratching the surface and coming to grips with the strategy layer and changes to the tactical game. It's amazing. Go for it. But play LW2 (with mods).

Aaron D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYw_tw__7ow

So Hidden Folks is legit, y'all.

Like legit, legit.

RPS said:
Perhaps the most important thing about Hidden Folks [official site] is how it manages to contain so much unabashed happiness. Taking the Where’s Wally concept and making it far more complex, despite being in black and white, these intricate wimmelbilderbuch art drawings (got to use it again!) burst with silly life.

RPS said:
Still, when you’re only complaint about a game is that you want more of it, it’s pretty good going. This is charming and silly and gentle and fun, ridiculously intricate and lovingly crafted. It’s not hardcore, it’s not going to outfox you, but it doesn’t want to be doing that. This is one of those instances where you wish “casual” hadn’t become a meaningless nonsense term in gaming, because it would nicely capture the feeling of a puzzle book that’s magically come alive, a Where’s Wally where you get to poke and prod the characters. It’s a calm, calming and pleasingly silly game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/15/hidden-folks-review/

I have a shitload of Total War games (I have Shogun 2 installed with a bunch of DLC). Should I start there? I'm more interested in Warhmammer than the historical stuff, so I'm considering snapping up the Humble Monthly.

Sarcasm

XCOM2 has taken over my life recently so I definitely think everyone should give it a go, but if you didn't get sucked in whilst playing the first then I wouldn't expect you to find the sequel any more engaging. If you've barely started the first one then I'd definitely recommend giving it a bit more time before writing it off.

Oh I am not writing it off. Just was playing other stuff and that game seems to need full concentration. I may play first on easy if there exists such a thing...

It appears that today is my birthday, which means it's time for a small giveaway :)
I was hoping to get a couple of "bigger" game codes for this occasion, but couldn't get those in time, so it will have to wait for later.

Happy birthday, Paul!

This does look good! I think I'll pick it up while it's on launch sale. I also learned today there is a Where's Waldo vs Wally regional difference.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

XCOM 2 is so good, only started it this week. I'm too attached to my soldiers :(

4Od4NJJ.png

Nevah Forget
anyone know if ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 it will be sold in others stores or is only steam? is soo expensive in Chile :(

Think it's steam exclusive. The regional pricing is awful though.

Aaron D.

I have a shitload of Total War games (I have Shogun 2 installed with a bunch of DLC). Should I start there? I'm more interested in Warhmammer than the historical stuff, so I'm considering snapping up the Humble Monthly.

I was just catching up on 3 Moves Ahead's podcast for Best Strategy Games of 2016 and they brought up Total Warhammer.

The upshot being that to this point Shogun 2 is universally considered the best Total War game to date. And while Warhammer was relatively well received at launch, Shogun was still considered the best. However, one of the podcast guys said that ever since the post-launch DLC for Warhammer landed, it has surpassed Shogun for best of the bunch.

Not sure if Warhammer will include all DLC in Humble Monthly, but it's worth considering and seems like it would be up your alley.

Buraindo

Shogun 2 is a great one to start with as it's pretty easy to get into.

Not sure if Warhammer will include all DLC in Humble Monthly, but it's worth considering and seems like it would be up your alley.

Don't think so but some of it is free.

Tizoc

TW Warhammer from Humble will not feature DLC. As a rule of thumb always assume Humble Monthly games will NOT offer you any DLC content for their highlight game.

patapuf

Most of the changes to the map of Total Warhammer are still present without the DLC.

You just won't be able to play as the faction you don't have the DLC of.

There's also some smaller unit/general packs which are free.

I'd say if you like warhammer, go for warhammer. Shogun is great but Warhammer has fantastic faction diversity not just in terms of units but also on how you play on the campaign map.

Total Warhammer is on another level compared to the previous Total Wars. In a very fundamental way, it just feels better. I think it's the slight RPG-ness that gives it an edge.

You could give Shogun a go, but it's really just in the way of something a lot better... unless you're a real stickler for realistic settings.

(Embrace the waaagh.)

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

King's Guard TD -- MB-2F32735ED1DDCED8 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Enjoy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-46FD020D0CEC00FA - Taken by Vuze

Tizoc

Is it possible to assume that Activision could release Crash Trilogy on other platforms to cover for/make up for losing IPs during the past months?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it possible to assume that Activision could release Crash Trilogy on other platforms to cover for/make up for losing IPs during the past months?

It's definitely going to be a timed exclusive at worst: Acti owns the original games (though Sony has publishing rights), CTR -- the one Crash game that Acti doesn't own -- is absent, the remakes are being developed by an Acti studio, and Acti alone is publishing them.

Tizoc

I hope so. I want to see what all the fuss about the Crash games is about without having to buy Sony hardware.

They're platformers that follow a simple concept-
Single linear stage with hazards and collectables (breaking boxes). If you don't mind simple platformers you might like them.

MUnited83

For you.

Of course it will release on other platforms.
It's Activision's IP, Activision's game, they already had Crash DLC for all versions of Skylanders, and they have been very hush-hush about the platforms the game will release on. If it was a full-blown exclusive that would be very obvious since the announcement.

Mivey

Not worth the time, in my opinion, the price is goot. But the game is one of the most boring thing I played in a decade or so regarding rpgs.
Would you say it was unbearable?
As useless as it is as a game, for many reasons, foremost that BioWare had no idea on what to do with the open world aspect, it had many nice moments in its writing. Since I am already interested in the lore, I found a lot of great ideas in it, though the implementation and the outcomes are usually quite lame.
Someone should make an "abridged" version that is basically a Youtube CYOA game, that focuses on the main quests and companion quests.

Nillansan

---

Kind regards
XXX

I am not surprised, but thanks for posting this.

Nzyme32

Vampire the Masquerade: We Eat Blood

The classic roleplaying game Vampire: The Masquerade enters the age of smartphone texting with We Eat Blood: an interactive fiction written and illustrated by award- winning author Zak Sabbath and Sarah Horrocks.

Told entirely from a mobile messaging perspective, Vampire: We Eat Blood is a sharp, mature and often terrifying story about your first nights as unwilling predator and prey. Hunted by unknown enemies and driven by an alien hunger, will you sever your ties with the mortal world or try to cling to your former life? Will you join ancient conspiracies, or turn the tables on forces older than the written word? Terrible power lies within your grasp, but there is always a price to pay.

Meanwhile on Steam:

World of Darkness Preludes: Vampire and Mage

The classic roleplaying games Vampire: The Masquerade and Mage: The Ascension enter the digital present with a dual-pack of interactive fiction by a few of today's most interesting fantasy writers.

Vampire: The Masquerade: We Eat Blood And All Our Friends Are Dead is a chilling story written and illustrated by award- winning authors Zak Smith and Sarah Horrocks.

Told entirely from a mobile messaging perspective, We Eat Blood is a sharp, mature and often terrifying story about your first nights as unwilling predator and prey. Hunted by unknown enemies and driven by an alien hunger, will you sever your ties with the mortal world or try to cling to your former life? Will you join ancient conspiracies, or turn the tables on forces older than the written word? Terrible power lies within your grasp, but there is always a price to pay.

— The temptation is real.

Set in modern-day Sweden, Mage: The Ascension: Refuge by critically-acclaimed author Karin Tidbeck, lets you experience today's social and political upheavals while awakening to the power of True Magick - the ability to shape reality itself through your force of belief. Many will try to recruit you into a secret war where human consensus itself is the battlefield. Your actions and choices will have profound consequences on the world and people around you... assuming madness and paradox doesn't claim you first.

— Safety or sacrifice - the choice is yours.

Even more from White Wolf today:

Judas Goat

A Judas Goat is trained to associate with sheep or cattle, leading them to a slaughterhouse while its own life is spared. Mike's (Guy Evans) life was shattered to pieces when he was enslaved by a creature of nightmares. Now he's forced to lure people to their deaths to provide sustenance for the monster. Trapped in a cycle of abuse and ever-deepening guilt, his sanity's pushed to breaking point when he clashes with Lisa (Susanne Wuest). The woman seems to know about his condition and even offers a possible way out – at a price. But can she be trusted at all? Can anyone? Judas Goat is a multi award-winning story of emotional dependence and violent desperation. It delves into the murky recesses of modern horror - a world of monsters through the eyes of their servants.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
realms of arkania star trail (early access) keys were dded to groupees be mine 29

edit: ooooh new bundlestars Hothot bundle has Zombo Buster Uprising on it, ive been wanting that for ages since a lot of people recomended it back when I was looking for cool small games to paly at work.

there is also a new pick n mix (its actually their main bundle today) with some good stuff in it, pick from 3, 5 or 10 keys

Curve Bundle is also back for Bundlefest

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A Virus Named Tom -- MB-110338D1ACC62D95 - Taken by PaulSane
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-817C3A804E94538C - Taken by bloke
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-FD7319FF9C4BF31C - Taken by Endruen
JumpJet Rex -- MB-3DD1906853E79C72 - Taken by voodooray
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-4A73DFE7556BBBC7 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-BFE062DB2D95D9DA - Taken by Hakkelus
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-3CA895C5585C2C97 - Taken by T-Rex.
Rituals -- MB-144E27220EB20D40 - Taken by Ozium

by the way, they added 2 more things to the freedom bundle since yesterday in case you missed it, and one of them was on my wishlist, Super Galaxy Squadron EX. The other was the Double Fine Adventure movie.

Tizoc

realms of arkania star trail (early access) keys were dded to groupees be mine 29

edit: ooooh new bundlestars Hothot bundle has Zombo Buster Uprising on it, ive been wanting that for ages since a lot of people recomended it back when I was looking for cool small games to paly at work.

there is also a new pick n mix (its actually their main bundle today) with some good stuff in it, pick from 3, 5 or 10 keys

Curve Bundle is also back for Bundlefest

The pick n mix features a gaf made game- Freeze me.
I got Two Worlds 2 form a nother bundle the other day, wish I'd known about this one so I would've gotten TW2 Velvet edition from this :/
Ah well $2 for Freezeme isn't that bad a deal imo.

Tizoc

Of course it will release on other platforms.
It's Activision's IP, Activision's game, they already had Crash DLC for all versions of Skylanders, and they have been very hush-hush about the platforms the game will release on. If it was a full-blown exclusive that would be very obvious since the announcement.

Well I hope so, the Snoopy game they published based on the Peanuts movie didn't get a Steam release for one thing :/

Speaking of Snoopy though...
https://steamdb.info/app/94100/

Acti pls...

Granjinha

i don't really take the boxart stuff too seriously but in this case i'm 100% sure that Crash will eventually land on other platforms

Hektor

CB has still not once been mentioned to be exclusive in any way, shape or form.

That only can mean two things, either it's multiplatform or negotiations between Activision and Sony are still happening, but since the game is releasing in 4 months that's most proably not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom