• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

Tinúviel;230602082 said:
Also Game Dev Tycoon's developers second game is also about Tavern management named Tavern Keeper.

Tavern Keeper looks good, I just hope that the game systems are significantly more clear cut than the ones featured in Game Dev Tycoon. That review system was an incomprehensible mess.

dex3108

The streams aren't perfectly level with each other and there is some white peeping out of the side with the company logo on the left.

I noticed both but it is Sunday and i was lazy to fix it XD Also i am need to heck timezones but i will wait for all companies to announce times then i will make sure that times are converted to correct time zone (BST or BR, PST or PT...). Maybe i will change them completely multiple times before E3 who knows :D But i like to see early feedback.

Knurek

It is.

The problem is going back to something which you can't run with 8xSGSSAA afterwards.

So jelly.
I had to stick with 4xSGSSAA at 1080p.
Anything more starts the fans on my GPU, and I prefer to have it passively cooled for as long as possible.
(Game still looks amazingly clean)

I still wait for the inevitable 75% on Burning Blood. It was 60% a lot in the past few weeks almost everywhere. Also sold pretty bad it seems. Wonder if now, that its available on the Chinese store since a few days, if that will change. At least it seems like it, since its been unlocked for 1 week and 3% of the total owners are chinese without any (Steam) sale.

Rimworld has kind of killed my interest in tycoon games. It's somehow very good at scratching that itch. Just the right mix of building, management, and cutthroat action RPG. (I'm embracing the new definition of ARPG.)

Paradox Grand Strategy all but did the same to me for Civilization.

Teggy

nopenopenopenopenope

game so pretty

screenshot_2017-02-19jspe2.jpg

Look at that smug anime girl.

Nillansan

I still wait for the inevitable 75% on Burning Blood. It was 60% a lot in the past few weeks almost everywhere. Also sold pretty bad it seems. Wonder if now, that its available on the Chinese store since a few days, if that will change. At least it seems like it, since its been unlocked for 1 week and 3% of the total owners are chinese without any (Steam) sale.

Is this the one where the graphics options don't do jack, which effectively means that the PC port is graphically on par with the Vita version?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Virus Named Tom -- MB-D6CA08F272EC980B - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
Race The Sun -- MB-F4AE0D4829E97590 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 2 entrants total.
Rocketbirds Hard Boiled Chicken -- MB-E8F1025491EA1381 - Taken by FoneBone. 1 entrants total.

t1487602614z1.png

Hektor

I guess it's thread worthy ? Want to do it ?

It's not threadworthy because they were all given away in Humble Bundles and in Steamsales and generally only the pcportbegrace cares about japanese games sales on steam while hiding behind things like "preserveration" or "framerate"

Wish TitS had that sequel retention :')

It could've if TiTS wasn't a 2006 era game sold for 30 dollars. There's a reason why FC sold an additionnal 100k AFTER SC release. It's not because of sequel retention, it's because not only the titles are confusing, but XSeed basically stealth released it, with a higher price point. Now of course, in term of revenue, it may work out better for them.

I can't creatre threads until March, despite what my custom tag states :3

Doin it for you then

Tonton

It could've if TiTS wasn't a 2006 era game sold for 30 dollars. There's a reason why FC sold an additionnal 100k AFTER SC release. It's not because of sequel retention, it's because not only the titles are confusing, but XSeed basically stealth released it, with a higher price point. Now of course, in term of revenue, it may work out better for them.

Doin it for you then
Well they're doing 3rd and didn't deep discount it as quickly as Ys6 so they must not be too dissatisfied with sales

Now they really need to get Cold Steel 1 & 2 in there, being newer games I wouldn't be surprised if CS2 does better than SC

Also need some bundles with a decent discount

Well they're doing 3rd and didn't deep discount it as quickly as Ys6 so they must not be too dissatisfied with sales

Now they really need to get Cold Steel 1 & 2 in there, being newer games I wouldn't be surprised if CS2 does better than SC

It'd definitely would cause the perceived value is higher.

Vuze

It's not threadworthy because they were all given away in Humble Bundles and in Steamsales and generally only the pcportbegrace cares about japanese games sales on steam while hiding behind things like "preserveration" or "framerate"
You also forgot it's irrelevant because the game is not published exclusively on Sony® PlayStation 4™

Durante

Ucchedavāda;230601996 said:
How did you enable 8xSGSSAA for Atelier Sophie? I tried messing around with it, and all I got were crashes.
It's quite straigtforward:
nhancerraqtl.png

Personally, I haven't had a crash in the game in 30+ hours of playing it.

Knurek

Wish TitS had that sequel retention :')

40k owners is seriously impressive considering the lack of promotion XSEED did for the title.
Look at Xanadu Next.
Small wonder Falcom looks at other business partners when it comes to their game releases. NISA may not give the translation TLC XSeed does, and they may not employ wizard-level hackers like Sara or Durante, but at least they are willing to promote, advertise and just about do anything to gain sales.

ezodagrom

40k owners is seriously impressive considering the lack of promotion XSEED did for the title.
Look at Xanadu Next.
Small wonder Falcom looks at other business partners when it comes to their game releases. NISA may not give the translation TLC XSeed does, and they may not employ wizard-level hackers like Sara or Durante, but at least they are willing to promote, advertise and just about do anything to gain sales.
Plus with NISA handling Ys VIII, there's dual audio, unlike XSEED published Falcom titles.

How is Dragon Quest Heroes in general and on PC? Tempted to pick it up in this sale. Might get RotR instead though.

Edit: Some of the reviews say the game straight up doesn't work on Windows 10. Anyone confirm this?

Tonton

Look at Xanadu Next.
I could swear sc was still at around 30k that's actually good to hear there's some growth

Tbf Xanadu is kinda of a hard sell already, but yeah they are trying to rely too much on word of mouth and such for these games

Plus with NISA handling Ys VIII, there's dual audio, unlike XSEED published Falcom titles.
They're even going as far as doing a French translation which i'm sure XSEED can't provide
They even got a hold of the original script if the steam page is to be believed which is something unfortunately rare for japanese game's western releases

TitS sequel retention is in line with the how many people have finished FC, unfortunately only around 12% of players have beat it.

Yeah I noticed, people don't play games :(
Like me

Coreda

Btw if you strip the gift link of the ?redeemer=<email> portion does the email it still appear in the gift message or no? I assumed not since I don't recall it in any of the giveaway messages from ModBot raffles but I've also read elsewhere it does.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Btw if you strip the gift link of the ?redeemer=<email> portion does the email it still appear in the gift message or no? I assumed not since I don't recall it in any of the giveaway messages from ModBot raffles but I've also read elsewhere it does.

The e-mail address associated with your account is what is shown in the gift message. There's no getting around that, unfortunately.

Coreda

The e-mail address associated with your account is what is shown in the gift message. There's no getting around that, unfortunately.

Huh. So what's then the point of stripping it from ModBot PMs, to be hidden from the moderators?

Edit: I guess I was thinking narrowly for when the URL matches that of the account but that mightn't always be the case.

Parsnip

Speaking of Atelier being a pretty game, are anyone else's shadows broken? Well, some shadows. For example when I approach the private house that Fritz is staying in, the shadow on the door frame flicker and it's really distracting. It happens elsewhere too but that one's easy to test. Couldn't find a solution to it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Please expect a little bit of ModBot downtime right now. The server ModBot is on was working fine but non-responsive to SSH attempts, and when I rebooted it it didn't come back up at all. I have a ticket in with the server company, but their response times have historically been pretty poor.

inky

It seems that today is my 7th Steam Anniversary.

321321zbjq9.png

Wow, this is better than every birthday put together.

Even Microsoft gave me $.25 every year. Valve pls

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It seems that today is my 7th Steam Anniversary.

321321zbjq9.png

Wow, this is better than every birthday put together.

Even Microsoft gave me $.25 every year. Valve pls

Valve doesn't even care

But I do

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh. So what's then the point of stripping it from ModBot PMs, to be hidden from the moderators?

Edit: I guess I was thinking narrowly for when the URL matches that of the account but that mightn't always be the case.

Yeah, the idea is that you're not sharing the e-mail address with the winner, but if the two are one and the same, then there's no need to strip it.

Durante

Speaking of Atelier being a pretty game, are anyone else's shadows broken? Well, some shadows. For example when I approach the private house that Fritz is staying in, the shadow on the door frame flicker and it's really distracting. It happens elsewhere too but that one's easy to test. Couldn't find a solution to it.
The shadows on vertical surfaces which are oriented towards specific directions in world space are broken from specific camera distances. I reported this before launch already, and it might have gotten a bit less common, but it's not entirely fixed.

Yakkue

How is Dragon Quest Heroes in general and on PC? Tempted to pick it up in this sale. Might get RotR instead though.

Edit: Some of the reviews say the game straight up doesn't work on Windows 10. Anyone confirm this?

I played through it on Win 10. Have a fairly old notebook and it worked just fine.

Momentary

Banned
The shadows on vertical surfaces which are oriented towards specific directions in world space are broken from specific camera distances. I reported this before launch already, and it might have gotten a bit less common, but it's not entirely fixed.

It's REALLY bad in Azure. I doubt they'll do anything to fix that game. I'm choosing to beat that first in hopes that everything gets ironed out with Sophie before I move on to that.

Granjinha

any Night in The Woods backer around here? keys will be given out tomorrow

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1307515311/night-in-the-woods/posts/1810947

Finji will begin sending out keys Monday morning. Please be patient, there are thousands of keys going out so it's going to take a few hours.

Check your emails! Check your spam folder! We'll be using the emails you provided us via KS messages. If you did not include one we used the email hooked up to your KS account.

If it's after 5pm on Monday and you did not get a key, please email chris@finji.co and check with him. He'll get it sorted out. Just to stress, Alec, Scott and I do not have control over the Key Handing-Out Process so please contact Chris. Chris is great. Chris can handle it.

gabbo

Oh my...
That is... horrifying in all the right ways. I'll probably be too terrified to even try the demo

It is a bit early but i was in creative mood so i made E3 2017 Streaming banners (at least version 1 XD)

XHovceQ.png
This just makes me want June

Momentary

Banned

It works on Windows 10, but it is not a good port. There's a memory leak issue with it that degrades performance. If you lock it to 30 FPS you shouldn't have any issues. You can also use Cheat Engine to give you higher resolution in game.

It's a very good looking game and decently fun if you can get past performance issues. Which I can't. It pisses me off that not even my Titan XP can push past the memory leak issue. Frame rate starts at 60 but after 15 minutes it's down to 40FPS and is a jittery mess.

Directions:

For how to downsample:
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilt...u3d.com/showpost.php?p=5379433&postcount=3658

For SMAA drop the file in the pertaining directory
https://mega.nz/#!1VdQGCBa!0CaaJfImwHoZjSQOeFVBI4MRYEgMBupEL3rCrX296QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom