• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
nQJ25zO.png
Should be the dark bum. They take hearts instead of coins.

Vuze

Pretty clear this is a Sony marketing deal where they can't discuss the game prior to the PS4 release. Trailer will magically appear again March 8th ��������
This would be absolutely hilarious. I don't even know why Sony would pay for shit like that, it's not like this is the type of game the mainstream gamer crowd will consider buying into an ecosystem for. I want to bet 90% of potential day one PC buyers are already aware of the Steam announcement.

Lomax

Inquisitor was $4.24 for the past couple of days, and now all of a sudden it's $2.49. What.

Is it worth checking out?

It's been heavily bundled, you can probably find a really cheap key around.

As for the game itself, I remember it got a bit of positive attention ages ago, but that was well before our modern cRPG renaissance, so I doubt it really compares well to any of them. Never got around to trying it myself.

This would be absolutely hilarious. I don't even know why Sony would pay for shit like that, it's not like this is the type of game the mainstream gamer crowd will consider buying into an ecosystem for. I want to bet 90% of potential day one PC buyers are already aware of the Steam announcement.

trying to make sense of any decision SE makes is just a losing battle

it's like they take "Well, they can't possibly be more incompetent" as a challenge to just be more incompetent

Hey, look at that. If Berserk is actually a good port I might get it.

Though I'm conflicted, because I love Berserk and Zelda but that Zelda musou did nothing for me.

But then, Zelda never really fit musou for me... Guts is always killing things.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Though I'm conflicted, because I love Berserk and Zelda but that Zelda musou did nothing for me.

From what Im reading even musou fans are not so into it and Ive seen comparing it to Ken's Rage 2

Kudo

I've heard that it's one of the worst Musou games, so I'm skipping it even if I'd like to try it out.
I'm saving myself for Musou All-Stars.

Auraela

Banned
well so far im actually enjoying berserk and this is from someone who was played every dynasty warriors and on dynasty warriors 8 before i stopped playing was 5th on leaderboard for total kills.

i wasnt a fan of kens rage or troy etc though,

xist

I don't own the DLC for Civ 5....but do own Gods and Kings and Brave New World. There's zero chance i'm going to BTA for that alone.

But as already said, who doesn't own these games already?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
OK, perhaps I didn't mean that quite as literally as it may have come across...

:p

I know... but there are always a lot of people that don't own these games... the steam thread is not really a good benchmark for stuff like that

that said, 10million has to be up there with the most sold/owned games on Steam

tmarg

Berserk is worse than Zelda. Actually Hyrule Warriors seems to be generally liked by most people actually

I've only played Zelda and DQ, but I think the weak point system in Hyrule warriors does a decent job of making it a bit less button mashy.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Just saw this book on Kickstarter and started thinking about other "coffe-table books" about PC and videogames.

Any recommendations?
Sega Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works Reprint

Any of you have the first run?
Looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of the empty spaces under some of the pictures.

https://readonlymemory.vg/

I really like this one

https://www.amazon.com/Machines-1972-2012-encyclopedia-handhelds-Computers/dp/0987830503/ref=pd_sbs_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0987830503&pd_rd_r=0N5MJ20SGKY108Z00E6B&pd_rd_w=gSjEn&pd_rd_wg=SrKhk&psc=1&refRID=0N5MJ20SGKY108Z00E6B

I own the original german print, cool book

zHYsMif.jpg

https://gameplan.de/the-encyclopedia-of-game-machines/

https://gameplan.de/the-encyclopedia-of-game-machines/excerpts/

JCG

I've heard that it's one of the worst Musou games, so I'm skipping it even if I'd like to try it out.
I'm saving myself for Musou All-Stars.

Berserk apparently isn't quite that bad, but it's also not one of the more notable ones either.

Some (non-PC version) impressions from someone who is a fan of the property and played it for a few months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5-NTpU7zk

That gives me the feeling it's got a decent base yet is otherwise unremarkable.

Admittedly, I do tend to value content over port quality though (as long as it's playable). In any case, I won't rush to get this.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've only played Zelda and DQ, but I think the weak point system in Hyrule warriors does a decent job of making it a bit less button mashy.

Targeting system, weak points and map mode thingy and the uniqueness of the cast made it more interesting than other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom