• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cosmic Dust & Rust -- MB-C122DA905D6B1D6C
Deep Space Dash -- MB-8C41DE10749EB66B - Taken by Megauap
Flesh Eaters -- MB-AF319A2DD2794DDD
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun -- MB-F8A8C0D333494D46 - Taken by fuzzy123
Lup -- MB-3177DB75317031B9
Midnight Carnival -- MB-58D0DE5801298C52 - Taken by darkchewie
Star Drifter -- MB-7B46BEFC2E58B19B
Super Mustache -- MB-1D7522BCE608F3F8 - Taken by Saty
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-A00FE1EB00EBE74C
The Tower Of Elements -- MB-A520C6BBD18DB07B
Tinboy -- MB-BD4F3EDDD0291B26

Well, they really went there. I have to wonder what those bloody fucks at Microsoft are hoping to gain by this... 2017 to be finally the year of the Linux?

truth be told it's probably not a terrible idea for casuals, old folks and kids. anyone else can simply switch it off in 5 seconds. kinda the same thing they do with phones.

Vuze

why do people have alt steam account? to give themselves bundle extras and give gifts to their main accounts?
Pretty much. I use mine to idle some trash dupes and send the cards back to my main. It requires no interaction whatsoever since it runs 24/7 on my raspi. I just dump keys in a telegram chat and it will redeem these / idle the new games, every week it sends me a trade offer with all steam community items to my main =)

Wok

Pretty much. I use mine to idle some trash dupes and send the cards back to my main. It requires no interaction whatsoever since it runs 24/7 on my raspi. I just dump keys in a telegram chat and it will redeem these / idle the new games, every week it sends me a trade offer with all steam community items to my main =)

You must be kidding, right?

Jawmuncher

You're my hero

Amzin

truth be told it's probably not a terrible idea for casuals, old folks and kids. anyone else can simply switch it off in 5 seconds. kinda the same thing they do with phones.

Yea at first glance it looks exactly the same as mobile OS? At least I haven't had that pop up with any traditional EXE installs I've run in the past few days on Windows 10, so I'm guessing it's something app-framework-specific, which ties into the Windows store/app system, and while it's a bit silly when you can just install a normal EXE... normally, whatever.

Arthea

Not found. Did you mean Xbox App?

you guys... it's scary, not funny as in it totally gonna happen.
the question is when and will we all be able to move to linux by that time

Let me see if I can find my 50 step guide to installing a Linux distro that includes waking up and constant reminders to inhale and exhale.

you do that, morningbus, I hope you'll find it till 2018

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Let me see if I can find my 50 step guide to installing a Linux distro that includes waking up and constant reminders to inhale and exhale.

Kyougar

like I said in the thread: there is no 5 seconds in this. normal users need 15 minutes to change something in their machine

EdmondD

I respect your hustle. This is pretty clever.

Amzin

I did a group project for my Technical Writing class of making a manual for installing and setting up Ubuntu and honestly we had trouble coming up with stuff to pad it to make it long enough. Lots of screenshots and the fluff chapter of "how to customize backgrounds/themes" :p

enbred

Banned

The-Wire-Wee-Bey-OMG-1470610504.gif

r3n4ud

Probably to idle/sell cards on multiple accounts and use the card money from the alt account to gift games to the main account.

It honestly sounds exhausting
Exhausting? How so? I've had no complaints from my kids yet and they've been doing this for a couple years.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
you do that, morningbus, I hope you'll find it till 2018

Wait, did we pick 2018 as the year of desktop Linux?

I did a group project for my Technical Writing class of making a manual for installing and setting up Ubuntu and honestly we had trouble coming up with stuff to pad it to make it long enough. Lots of screenshots and the fluff chapter of "how to customize backgrounds/themes" :p

Yeah, Linux, especially Ubuntu-derived distributions, has been very easy to install for a long time now. I had my Linux machine up and running twice as fast and with fewer inputs than my Windows 7 and 10 installs.

What's the difference between Idle Master and that other tool linked a couple of pages ago? I mean, having no interaction with the client aside, does it idle faster or what??

gngf123

As much as I would like a "Year of desktop Linux" to come, I think that ship sailed when SteamOS was a failure.

Microsoft can basically get away with whatever they want I feel in the desktop OS space. People would just stick with older versions of Windows instead of moving to Linux.

I'd be gaming on Linux if a lot of games ran better.

For example: Shadows of Morder runs a solid 10fps lower on my 970. I tested on both with the same settings. The Talos Principle ran pretty good in vulkan but DirectX 11 still beat it. Windows has a lot of pain points but the games run better.

As much as I would like a "Year of desktop Linux" to come, I think that ship sailed when SteamOS was a failure.

Microsoft can basically get away with whatever they want I feel in the desktop OS space. People would just stick with older versions of Windows instead of moving to Linux.

SteamOS was a red herring. There's no reason to use it over Ubuntu or similar. It's basically just an OEM OS.

Nzyme32

Depends how you want to define failure, as that isn't the case from Valve's perspective. Their work on it still continues, especially in regards to Vulkan, SteamVR Linux, OpenXR, drivers etc. It isn't going to stop anytime soon either

NeoRaider

It will show up on Steam Greenlight in the release date, with a link to MEGA to download your game.

Lol

I would be happy with the demo tbh.
Then release on 10th or 17th March.

I still can't believe how SE is acting like PC version doesn't even exist. It's really weird, this silence and not having anything confirmed...

Ascheroth

Lol

I would be happy with the demo tbh.
Then release on 10th or 17th March.

I still can't believe how SE is acting like PC version doesn't even exist. It's really weird, this silence and not having anything confirmed...
They likely believe that the marketing boost they get from Sony will outweigh the loss in PC sales (and they're most definitely losing sales).
It's pretty annoying being treated as an unwanted afterthought instead of a potential customer.

Square Enix can fuck right off with this shit but on the other hand I don't wish for a good game to fail either.
I'm conflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom