• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I kno ninty fans were working on these emus in case of the nintendo apocalypse but i wasnt aware they were going overtime at it

Cemu has been going pretty fast at making stuff work and at the pace they go wouldnt be shocking of them to get it working soon. Now Switch emu when?

Tizoc

Cemu has been going pretty fast at making stuff work and at the pace they go wouldnt be shocking of them to get it working soon. Now Switch emu when?
Let's get homebrew working on the switch first before that :v

Speaking of cemu, ho would one go about dealing with the wii u pad that are needed for som games?

Speaking of cemu, ho would one go about dealing with the wii u pad that are needed for som games?

Pretty much no games worth playing require the gamepad. I doubt there's gonna be a ton of interest in emulating Nintendoland or Game & Wario.

I'm guessing they just won't work.

MUnited83

For you.

You use the mouse as your gamepad touch screen. Works great on games that mirror the game on the gamepad and use touch screen functionality like 3D World.

You can also view the gamepad view by pressing Tab.

You can switch between screens there.
You can even click with the mouse on the main screen if the game is mirrored which is pretty sweet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Grottyscape -- MB-8C4406B24BFC5FDA - Taken by Sarcasm
Highland Warriors -- MB-034AFC3F1A1FE337 - Taken by NeoRaider
Krampus -- MB-0F1041EBFE42CC71 - Taken by Hakkelus
Kraven Manor -- MB-6F7B01E63AE63DE4 - Taken by jesusraz
Leviathan Starblade -- MB-342AEEE13D3A4956 - Taken by Loptous
Ludo Supremo -- MB-21090C72F34EC002 - Taken by aqws
Magma chamber -- MB-E77C3ABA4B4F0A44 - Taken by krczt23
Mahjong Deluxe 3 -- MB-575D0E4A4AFEF8DA - Taken by Diedac
Mahsung Deluxe -- MB-AA1C0D1CD8DA12CE - Taken by Loptous
Marble Duel -- MB-94C26171A6EF0948 - Taken by madjoki
Megapolis -- MB-C03EBD0663FC08A7 - Taken by Sarcasm

Dsyndrome

Anything worth getting on Steam this week besides Stories Last Told, Four Last Things, and Torment? Haven't been here in a while

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Torment: Tides of Numenera -- MB-2915E9A73DCD7DA4 - Taken by Tellaerin. 21 entrants total.
enjoy ;)

t1488268961z1.png

I continued to play games released in 2007 that i have in my Steam library. Ubersoldier II is typical low-budget FPS from 00s, shooting is little clunky, story doesn't make any sense, but this game is dumb in a good way.
Also, i tried to play Ex Machina: Arcade and Hospital Tycoon. First one is just broken and unplayable mess, and second is nice Theme Hospital clone with some The Sims 2 elements.

I continued to play games released in 2007 that i have in my Steam library. Ubersoldier II is typical low-budget FPS from 00s, shooting is little clunky, story doesn't make any sense, but this game is dumb in a good way.

Also, i tried to play Ex Machina: Arcade and Hospital Tycoon. First one is just broken and unplayable mess, and second is nice Theme Hospital clone with some The Sims 2 elements.
I'm up for a good WWII shooter. Thanks for posting that.

kagamin

Just started up Ys Origin today since FFXIV maintenance gave me some free time from that game. I'm playing on Hard and having a lot of fun, just beat the first boss and I think I'll turn in for the night on that note.

Tagyhag

I've gave up hope that The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II would ever come to Steam, but given some of the crazy re-releases that I've seen, anything is possible.

Tellaerin

Holy crap. :eek:

Never played Planescape: Torment (I know, I know), but I've been reading over the Numenera tabletop rules to run a game for a few friends of mine, and that plus the rep of the original had me psyched for this. I figured I wouldn't be playing it for awhile, though - I had resigned myself to wishlisting it and waiting for it to go on sale or end up in a bundle, something that I could afford.

So thank you, anonymous giveaway person, whoever you are. You just made my night.

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly even if nu torment turns out great it's somehow managed to garner absolutely no reaction from me, despite backing it and being a big fan of original planescape and everything

i'll download it and maybe give it a shot later on, i kind of gave up on wasteland 2 since the ux stuff in that game is just an absolute nightmare, and from quick glances it didn't seem much better in this one, but who knows, colin mccomb sounds like a smart dude

anyways, been playing a bit of deus ex mankind divided

so far so good, runs fairly ok tho i bumped it down to 1680x1050 so i could get a mostly stable 60 fps framerate with a couple bells and whistles, and the game's been fun so far

it's kind of weirdly structured in that it drops you in the middle of a giant town with very little set up or anything to go by other than "go talk to these people and get distracted along the way". it's been fun doing sidequests and breaking into people's houses and stealing their shit, but it's a weird way to kick off a deus ex game lol

it doesn't feel like they raised the stakes at all (in fact, so far it feels a bit less ambitious than dxhr), which is weird for a sequel, specially since they took their time with this one.

and i'm pretty disappointed they don't seem to have come up with good solution to some of the issues i found most aggravating with dxhr, namely the way your battery charge works which pretty much disencourages you from using your powers, and also the very jarring cuts to cutscene whenever you do takedowns

the first one i can kind of forgive cos it seems dishonored 2 couldn't figure out a good way to do it either, but the takedown stuff just feels terrible, i know those takedown cutscenes look awesome and everything but the transition (or lack thereof) is just too jarring and it's the one thing you're gonna do 800 times in a single playthrough

anyways, there's some stuff to love, some stuff to be a bit unimpressed by, seems about par for the course from the comments i've gotten about it

Orgen

Steam GAF, how is Alpha Protocol on PC? Does it run well on Windows 10? It's now 3,74€ and I always wanted to try it (just like Deadly Premonition, I don't know if the 360 version is superior). Besides I have some Steam wallet money to spend from cards.

Tizoc

Steam GAF, how is Alpha Protocol on PC? Does it run well on Windows 10? It's now 3,74€ and I always wanted to try it (just like Deadly Premonition, I don't know if the 360 version is superior). Besides I have some Steam wallet money to spend from cards.
Alpha protocol runs fine last time i testd it

Echoplx

It's barebones but works fine, you can force sgssaa and hbao+ with a NVIDIA card as well.

Vuze

I've played through it at 5K downsampled + 144hz with no issue whatsoever last year (on Win10).
I have no reference whether the 360 version is superior but haven't run into any technical issues.

Surprisingly entertaining game btw, hadn't heard of it before grabbing it back then but I really enjoyed it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think it had some issues detecting controllers or something?

idk, it should run great

get ready for a janky game with a lot of heart!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm up for a good WWII shooter. Thanks for posting that.
Our brains are incredibly fallible.
I was scrolling through and I imagined the post: I miss WWII shooters. As, if this was a current nostalgia focused game.

And I immediately felt revulsion.

We see what we want. Our brains; because of the delay of action potentials, are interpteted vastly different.
🤔

Orgen

Alpha protocol runs fine last time i testd it

It's barebones but works fine, you can force sgssaa and hbao+ with a NVIDIA card as well.

I've played through it at 5K downsampled + 144hz with no issue whatsoever last year (on Win10).
I have no reference whether the 360 version is superior but haven't run into any technical issues.

Surprisingly entertaining game btw, hadn't heard of it before grabbing it back then but I really enjoyed it.

i think it had some issues detecting controllers or something?

idk, it should run great

get ready for a janky game with a lot of heart!

Cool, I think I'll buy it later today. Thanks!

yuraya

i just want a new brothers in arms game

tho i always like ww2 as a game setting, ww2 guns are fun

You will get new Brothers in Arms game in a few years. It will be online only open world co-op third person shooter. It will have a big map with points of interest all over it. Also there will be a gold edition for only 110$ that comes with special gold brothers chest. Pls be excited.

For my personal taste these might be the best months in gaming and I can't afford a single one.
I've scraped together the money for Persona 5 but Yakuza, Gravity Rush, RE7, Berseria, Horizon and probably even Nier will all have to wait.
I really wanted to support these games, that's what sucks the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom