• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Tales of Vesperia.

For serious guessing, the games I think would actually have some chance and I also want are either the Atelier series or the Trails series.

Ladekabel

Kind of disappointed in RCR: U. DS4 won't work, there are instances where I don't see my character, quest marker is bugged in online play, world map sometimes won't load. And so far I haven't found a special move. :(

Arthea

I'd lose it completely if it's Rune Factory, but it can't be, and it's too good to be true, and Xseed would be releasing it.

It's Tales of Vesperia.

For serious guessing, the games I think would actually have some chance and I also want are either the Atelier series or the Trails series.

KT would release any Atelier game themselves, so it's out of the question, and Falcom is now cooperating with NISA, hopefully Xseed still too, so that's very unlikely also.

I really hope it's not Trinity Universe...

isn't it IF game? they would release it themselves if they were interested,
oh and it's not that bad game too

Grief.exe

I was looking at Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere since both those releases would fit the criteria and Vanillaware has signaled they would like to release their games on PC.

I noticed that both Dragon's Crown and the Odin Sphere remaster were published by NIS America, which generally favors PC ports. Atlus also frequently publishes PC ports with their development partners. Ghostlight likely wouldn't be involved since they prefer to self publish.

It's difficult to predict Ghostlight ports as they tend to focus on more niche titles. I had never heard of Way of the Samurai series until they ported it, and I'm glad they brought that series to my attention since it looks so unique and interesting.

to464Hw.jpg

This is the hint he left on Twitter:

"If anyone was wondering the new JRPG PC port is based on a PS3 version, but there are other versions out there."
https://twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/836585508830597121

Genki

I was looking at Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere since both those releases would fit the criteria and Vanillaware has signaled they would like to release their games on PC.

I noticed that both Dragon's Crown and the Odin Sphere remaster were published by NIS America, which generally favors PC ports. Ghostlight likely wouldn't be involved in this since they like to self publish, but we might see these games soon. Atlus also frequently publishes PC ports with their development partners.

It's difficult to predict Ghostlight he's as they tend to focus on more niche titles. I had never heard of Way of the Samurai series until they ported it, and I'm glad they brought that series to my attention since it looks so unique and interesting.

I think it's unlikely they would use PS3 versions as a base if PS4 versions exist in any case.

KT would release any Atelier game themselves, so it's out of the question, and Falcom is now cooperating with NISA, hopefully Xseed still too, so that's very unlikely also.

Falcom seems all over the place with the whole PC port strategy. So far they've employed Xseed, NISA and Aksys even for games within the same series. I could kinda sorta see Koei Tecmo maybe perhaps delegating some work in handling all those Atelier games if they actually wanted them backported, considering that porting RPGs is harder werk and it's an annual game.

Nzyme32

Some thoughts on Stories Untold.

It's pretty damn good. It's dubbed a text adventure, which it is at its core, but there is also much more going on to create atmosphere and give narrative and mood in interesting ways. It's not necessarily an attempt at horror but certainly fuses some elements in there with it. There are 4 different "stories", each revolving around different concepts and mechanics. It has some puzzle elements in there in various ways too.

It's taken me 72 minutes to do 2 of the stories, so you can expect the game to be around 4hrs, but so far I think it is totally worth it. It does really well to invest you into it and surprise you a lot vs what you may expect. So I definitely recommend it. I hope the next half of the game keeps doing this well, and more so that there is more content / similar future development of another game to keep this going. I like it.

Edit: Okay puzzles get continually more interesting. Definitely want more of this

Tizoc

Me in Hollow Knight-
MMFeCZo.gif

I'm just wandering around aimlessly in the hopes of finding the map guy and not having enough Geo to buy his bloody maps.

Wok

Hollow Knight's map system is ridiculous. You HAVE to meet the NPC that gives you a map of the area before you can properly register any uncharted areas from his map that you've found.
Not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped I'm sad to say :/

Locations do register before you get the map, it is just invisible.

I noticed that both Dragon's Crown and the Odin Sphere remaster were published by NIS America, which generally favors PC ports. Atlus also frequently publishes PC ports with their development partners. Ghostlight likely wouldn't be involved since they prefer to self publish.

It's difficult to predict Ghostlight ports as they tend to focus on more niche titles. I had never heard of Way of the Samurai series until they ported it, and I'm glad they brought that series to my attention since it looks so unique and interesting.

to464Hw.jpg

I'd be down for those.

Arthea

wait, what if it's another Trinity - Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

edited: oh wait, I take that back, it was released only on PS3 I think

Guys, as much as I appreciate Ghostlight, dont get your hopes too high with Trails or Vanillaware games.

Most likely candidates are something from their previous partners, so Idea Factory, Compile Heart or Acquire.

Grief.exe

I think it's unlikely they would use PS3 versions as a base if PS4 versions exist in any case.

Well Dragon's Crown is PS3/Vita, but I detail in that post that Ghostlight isn't likely to be involved with Vanillaware games anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess vita would be higher, though specs lowers lol

It's more about architecture that would make it cheaper to port the games, not specs.

Arthea

Cross Edge, perhaps? Ghostlight seems to favor old Compile Heart games from before IFI published them themselves on PC.
I thought about that
Cross Edge battle system is pretty great, but a game is extremely low budget and no game characters involved are from games available on steam, not sure it'd do good on steam.
Also it only was released on PS3, so it's not Cross Edge.

Guys, as much as I appreciate Ghostlight, dont get your hopes too high with Trails or Vanillaware games.

Most likely candidates are something from their previous partners, so Idea Factory, Compile Heart or Acquire.

but there no such games not released on steam aside of Trinity Universe
and Trinity was released only on PS3, so it's not it

Battlechili

Banned
Any chance of it being the original Nier? Or Resonance of Fate?
Also it only was released on PS3, so it's not Cross Edge.
It was released on the Xbox 360 too though. Sure, only the PS3 version got released in the West, but it does fit the bill for having other versions out there.

Arthea

It was released on the Xbox 360 too though. Sure, only the PS3 version got released in the West, but it does fit the bill for having other versions out there.

oh! I didn't know this. Well it kinda fits the bill then, kinda, with a stretch

talking about Nier, did SE ever let anybody to publish games they own? I honestly can't remember such thing ever happening.

Tizoc

Yea...I had to refund Hollow Knight because that map system is not for me.

maybe ill pick up night in the woods now

Yeah the map system is needlessly frustrating, it doesn't help that you can go through various rooms and easily miss a room that has the save bench. The map guy can show up and just say any usual line of dialog not make him my main objective while blindly going through this subterranean world.

I really do hope we find out Nier is gonna hit PC on the 10th. As much as I loved Atelier Sophie and want to play Atelier Firis, I wanna hold off on playing it right away or risk burning myself out on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom