• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Often times Steam reviews can be a unreliable way of perceiving game quality. Look at the Sakura games for example.

Steam reviews are accurate to the game's audience.
Meaning, people who wanted that type of game liked it or not.
In a way, it's a better fit than random reviewer reviewing something he does not care about or just wants to shit on.

Tizoc

I really should buy an arm for my monitor.

Also Turok 2 up on Steam. March 16th.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405830/

Amzin

The map thing in Hollow Knight doesn't bother me, I honestly don't look at it unless I'm revisiting a previous area to go to a shop / ledge I couldn't get to. I think most of my time has been spent in areas without a map, just because I like to push as far as I can before I get to impassable obstacle #9 :p

I dunno, I never use maps in Metroidvanias for exploring, just for backtracking. When I'm exploring, I'm exploring, and a map doesn't really help with that.

My sole complaint about Hollow Knight so far is that the benches can be spaced pretty far apart and there's no death checkpoints besides them, but this is pretty common in Metroidvanias it seems like. And overall still a lot easier to get around fast than say Axiom Verge.

Jawmuncher

Day1 (i hope)! ��

They're doing work

New Multiplayer
The new Multiplayer mode lets you battle with your friends. Using the best levels, weapons, and visuals from both the PC and Nintendo 64 versions, players will encounter a fun and visceral multiplayer experience.
Players can also choose between a few skins for their character in combat. Network multiplayer is available through Steam, GOG Galaxy, LAN and direct IP with cross play capabilities.
Split-screen mode is also available in network multiplayer. Lastly, a new multiplayer game mode called ”Last Turok Standing" has been added.

New Game Engine
Ported to the Kex Engine 3.4.
Full 64-bit compatibility.
Brand new UI system.

New Graphics System
Modernized deferred renderer.
Shadow maps and compiled light maps.
Screen-space reflections on textures and materials.
Dynamic and fixed-resolution sub/super-sampling.
New decals and effects.

Enhanced Gameplay
Improved character speed and maneuverability, including the ability to grapple ledges.
Updated maps.
Improved AI.
"Quick warp" feature allows instant travel to any previously visited portal.
Save and load anywhere

Gameplay changes for the better, and Online/Splitscreen MP? badass.
They went to town on this compared to Turok 1 (Which was still a good port), where they just made it better graphics and left it more or less the same.

yuraya

With Origin access and now Xbox game pass I think its only a matter of time until Valve does something similar.

9.99 per month for hundreds of steam games. Games as a service and subscription future is gonna be interesting.

Would you subscribe SteamGAF?

KainXVIII

They're doing work

Gameplay changes for the better, and Online/Splitscreen MP? badass.
They went to town on this compared to Turok 1 (Which was still a good port), where they just made it better graphics and left it more or less the same.
I wonder which soundtrack will be in game - from n64 or pc version (or maybe both!)?

Nzyme32

Oh man. I want much more of Stories Untold. The "stories" keep getting better as you go. Just got one more to go now, though the game keeps surprising me so, who knows.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hollow Knight's map system is ridiculous. You HAVE to meet the NPC that gives you a map of the area before you can properly register any uncharted areas from his map that you've found.
Not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped I'm sad to say :/

My only wish is that they had some kind of map marking note system. Zelda DS did that, but it wasn't really important because Zelda wasn't nearly as obtuse as Hollow Knight. I keep trying to go to dead ends because they're open, I just lack any ability.

I was stuck for like an hour so I gave up and looked on youtube and an area I thought was a dead-end had a path on it, but I couldn't see it because it wasn't on the map.

Aaron D.

Great to see that Night Dive Studios is alive.

Description says it'll be $20.

I love that they're re-releasing these games with clean resolutions and frame rates, but man. They're shooting themselves in the foot with that $20 price tag. It's just too much. Way outside nostalgic impulse-buy range.

dQoVkJW.gif

But then again, Cerebral Bore.

Tizoc

I'll ask about it, but it might depend on rights issues.

I did just Tweet this "If anyone was wondering the new JRPG PC port is based on a PS3 version, but there are other versions out there." https://twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/836585508830597121

And miss out on this fabulous opportunity to tease people :) (Actually I'd love to but we're waiting on approval for the text of the announcement)

Edit.

Beaten to my own tease *shakes fist* :)
Other versions...do you meant it was released on previous consoles before the ps3?

Teggy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

CORROSION COLD WINTER WAITING ENHANCED -- MB-D9BC33A4CBDA973E - Taken by Costa1774
CUBE RUNNER -- MB-87357005CF656164 - Taken by Jalal
IDOL HANDS -- MB-5E4F38D29397C351 - Taken by Eila
PARANAUTICAL ACTIVITY -- MB-C6E35293AC3E61CA - Taken by Aaron D.
THE CHAOS ENGINE -- MB-BDAF20183373E0FB - Taken by yoshizzle
VIRTUAL ROGUE -- MB-A2718356578E8BE8 - Taken by voodooray

Nyoro SF

I want it to be Resonance of Fate but for a great many reasons I highly doubt it's that.

Sega only publishes their titles themselves, so it wouldn't be under Ghostlight. Laughing Jackal would be the ones working with Sega and we'd get teases from Sega themselves for games.

In other news:

After XSEED revealed Estival Versus for PC I was relieved that it was not mystery title 427700.
https://steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

However the same day they revealed the Estival store page they also updated 427700. I'm thinking that this mystery game is an old Falcom title; not Cold Steel, but perhaps something else from Falcom's library.

Long shot but since people are bringing up Sega JRPGs, what if it's Atelier Rorona Plus? It appeared on two platforms and K-T are probably concentrating on the Atelier series present and going forward. Food for thought.

Nyoro SF

Long shot but since people are bringing up Sega JRPGs, what if it's Atelier Rorona Plus? It appeared on two platforms and K-T are probably concentrating on the Atelier series present and going forward. Food for thought.

Highly doubtful that KT wouldn't just publish it themselves. And by publish I mean they lock an unpaid intern in a closet with a computer running Windows ME to port the game in under 3 months. :)

Vanillaware is possible. Atlus Japan titles not possible; they'd probably perform ritual suicide before they let a European third party publish one of their games.

Grief.exe

Ghostlight is going to want to self publishing their releases, so it's not going to be a game where another publisher controls the IP.

In addition to a PS3 version it was released in at least one other format.

Oh that expands it a bit

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Highly doubtful that KT wouldn't just publish it themselves. And by publish I mean they lock an unpaid intern in a closet with a computer running Windows ME to port the game in under 3 months. :)

Dead 😂😂😂😂

Kudo

Format makes me think it's a game with series or something.

Also what a load off my heart managed to pre-order Persona 5 Collector's Edition while it's so rare in my country.
Can't hold all these games, wonder when Firis Steam page is going up..

fokkusu

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fokkusu, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
LEGO MARVEL's Avengers -- MB-EEA1386550F84D14 - Taken by Jawmuncher

Enjoy

JarrodL

With Origin access and now Xbox game pass I think its only a matter of time until Valve does something similar.

9.99 per month for hundreds of steam games. Games as a service and subscription future is gonna be interesting.

Would you subscribe SteamGAF?

dQoVkJW.gif

I mean, the offer @ that price would be insanely tempting. But no, subscription model future is not for me - I value the idea of ownership and being able to replay games I like too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom