• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

With Origin access and now Xbox game pass I think its only a matter of time until Valve does something similar.
Unless they can fully automate this or push the work to the community somehow, never gonna happen. As with everything on Steam.

maty

From what I saw in the Nindies Presentation, Nintendo is being very clear what is timed exclusive, console exclusive or totally exclusive. Of course things may change in the future but they don't seem to be hiding information.

Having said that, I hope everything is released on pc and other consoles for that matter, as well as finding an audience on the switch. I'll probably buy a game or two there just for the portability.

Cindered

Neo Member
After XSEED revealed Estival Versus for PC I was relieved that it was not mystery title 427700.
https://steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

However the same day they revealed the Estival store page they also updated 427700. I'm thinking that this mystery game is an old Falcom title; not Cold Steel, but perhaps something else from Falcom's library.

Based on the frequency of its updates, I'd rule out an older Falcom PC game since that seems to be Sara's realm, and I imagine she's pretty busy with the 3rd. So if it were a Falcom game, I'd guess it would be a port from console.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
STEAMWORLD DIG 2 MOTHERFUCKERS MEGATON

im not even joking

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405830/
Awesome news indeed! :)

Tizoc

Based on the frequency of its updates, I'd rule out an older Falcom PC game since that seems to be Sara's realm, and I imagine she's pretty busy with the 3rd. So if it were a Falcom game, I'd guess it would be a port from console.
Brandish psp
Brandish psp
Brandish psp
Please be brandish psp

dQoVkJW.gif

I mean, the offer @ that price would be insanely tempting. But no, subscription model future is not for me - I value the idea of ownership and being able to replay games I like too much.

this.

for the very same reason i'm still doubting to get origin access despite their recent addition of €25 a year subscription. that's an insane price

Vuze

Is cdkeys.com legit?
Legit as in they won't scam you or sell stolen keys but other than that, grey area (since they are usually selling keys from games bought in cheap countries).
I've bought there multiple times and have never run into a problem personally.

gngf123

CDKeys isn't "shady" in the sense that G2A are. My understanding is they bulk buy games from cheap regions and then resell them for a small profit.

jtb

Banned
Legit as in they won't scam you or sell stolen keys but other than that, grey area (since they are usually selling keys from games bought in cheap countries).
I've bought there multiple times and have never run into a problem personally.

Figured they must be a grey market reseller of some kind. Is there any kind of risk of getting keys rejected by Steam/Origin/uPlay/whatever? (I'm assuming none of the keys are stolen, just region shenanigans)

Tizoc

Dang Rogue Trooper is on gog too, need a sale on that staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

EDIT: Hrm it is drm-free on Gamersgate as well....

Parsnip

Figured they must be a grey market reseller of some kind. Is there any kind of risk of getting keys rejected by Steam/Origin/uPlay/whatever? (I'm assuming none of the keys are stolen, just region shenanigans)

I suppose there's always a chance, but afaik they have been good at providing replacement keys in case of surprise region locks or whatever, or refunds.
Personally used them couple of times.

madjoki

Unless they can fully automate this or push the work to the community somehow, never gonna happen. As with everything on Steam.

Just make it opt-in for devs in style of weeklong deals? And pay based on playtime during each month or whatever. Fairly easy to automate.

Playasia's Steam keys are grey market, so it's possible cdkeys could beat them since they're getting the keys from similar sources.

Didn't know that. Having second thoughts now. 30 is the absolute highest I can go right now though, like I said before I haven't been able to buy anything this year yet, I just can't afford it.

Parsnip

Setting up GSM and going through a bunch of old saves and deleting stuff I'm never going to need again. Freedom!

Also Witcher 3 saves take a lot of space, comparatively.

C4rter

More +1 crap

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Project Druid - 2D Labyrinth Explorer -- MB-F9BA9B58645967EE
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant -- MB-34CE57138B03D3A5 - Taken by Hakkelus
Star Drifter -- MB-B4E077EEBECF949E - Taken by Diedac
Stellar 2D -- MB-EC76E2C6FE0E1D3D
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-DE646CB948906F69 - Taken by septicore
Super Mustache -- MB-FF0F1C3D15BC01CC
Super Space Pug -- MB-B373CBCA12F2F053
Terra Incognita Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-3439ACC9362F6CCB
Turbo Pug -- MB-1129F5DEA962B2A8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom