• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Greenlight: 1000 games and counting, more Greenlit every few weeks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

As per the IGBW, the following have been in bundles:

Air Control
- Bundle Bizarro (Bundle Bandits)
- Bundle Yourself: Killjoy Games (Groupees)
- Spotlight #3 (Groupees)

Always Remember Me
- Indie Gala Capsule Computers

Arson & Plunder
- Build a Bundle 8 (Groupees)

Crow
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 (Groupees)

Elliot Quest
- Big Bad Bundle 2: The Sequel (Bundle Dragon)
- IndieGameStand

Final Slam 2
- Be Mine 8 (Groupees)
- The Mixer Bundle (Indie Royale)

Jamsouls
- The Debut 5 Bundle (Groupees)

Level 22: Gary's Misadventures
- Clash of the World: Southern Europe (Groupees)
- Sheepmas Holidays (ikoid)

Lost Marbles
- Capsule Computers Groupee
- IndieGameStand

Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf
- Spotlight #2 (Groupees)
- The Halloween 2 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Planet Stronghold
- The Humble Weekly Sale: Celebrating Open Source

Roaming Fortress
- Indie Gala October
- IndieFort Spring Bundle 2014 (GamersGate)

Six-Sided Sanctuary
- Indie Bundle (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand

Slip
- Clash of the World: Scandinavia (Groupees)

Spectrum
- Flying Greenlight Bundle
Three Dead Zed
- Bundle4Dead (indievania)
- Capsule Computers Groupee
- IndieFort Championship (GamersGate)

Vitrum
- Build a Bundle 4 (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand

Wimp: Who Stole My Pants?
- The Debut Bundle (Indie Royale)

Lain

Leviathan: The Last day of the Decade made it! This is huge!
I wonder if they'll give steam keys to people that bought it already from them.

Prisonscape
Prisonscape is an adventure/RPG game about the harsh and brutal life in prison, made for PC, Mac, and Linux.
The focus is on making the best of what you have. Gathering parts and crafting makeshift weapons, interacting with other prisoners (bartering, forming alliances, or making enemies) and learning the trade inside the prison. You can develop your character to be a tough fighter, charismatic manipulator, intelligent craftsman, or a slimy snake, and the choices you make affect the story.

grid-battle.gif
637x358.resizedimage
Been following this game a while, nice to see it finally on Greenlight. Will be on Kickstarter today as well

Lain

Prisonscape
Prisonscape is an adventure/RPG game about the harsh and brutal life in prison, made for PC, Mac, and Linux.
The focus is on making the best of what you have. Gathering parts and crafting makeshift weapons, interacting with other prisoners (bartering, forming alliances, or making enemies) and learning the trade inside the prison. You can develop your character to be a tough fighter, charismatic manipulator, intelligent craftsman, or a slimy snake, and the choices you make affect the story.

Been following this game a while, nice to see it finally on Greenlight. Will be on Kickstarter today as well

The trailer is really, really promising. Voted yes.

JaseC

New Batch !

Includes Qasir Al-Wasat !
FINALY ! =D

Battlepaths
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 5 (Groupees)
- Indie Gala Supreme
- Indie Jam 3 (Bundle Stars)

Cute Things Dying Violently
- Indie Gala Mobile 2
- The Back to School Bundle (Indie Royale)

Dark Scavenger
- Deep Space Bundle (Bundle in a Box)
- Flying New Year Bundle
- Get Loaded: Indie Edition (Get Games)
- IndieFort Bundle 2 (GamersGate)
- IndieFort Championship (GamersGate)
- Little Big Bunch 2 (Get Games)
- Shiny Loot 2 Bundle (Groupees)

Draconian Wars
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 (Groupees)

Evopollution
- Spotlight #11 (Groupees)

Inescapable
- IndieGameStand
- Spotlight #4 (Groupees)
- The Debut 9 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Loot Hero
- Bundle Yourself: Killjoy Games (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand
- Insanity Rush! (Bundle Bandits)

Pivvot
- Humble Bundle of Love for Brandon

Qasir al-Wasat: A Night in-Between
- Build a Bundle 4 (Groupees)
- Super BR Jam (Universala)

Rot Gut
- The Debut 12 Bundle (Indie Royale)
- Retro Groupee 2

Spice Road
- The Debut 11 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Spirited Heart
- The Debut 10 Bundle (The Debut 10 Bundle)
- Winter Wolves Manga Game Bundle (Groupees)

Sweezy Gunner
- Bundle Bizarro (Bundle Bandits)

They Breathe
- Adventure Role-Playing Groupee
- The Winter Bundle (Indie Royale)

Zombies on a Plane
- The Florida Bundle

JaseC

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine
- Night Sky
- Retro Groupee 2
- The Debut 7 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Conniption
- Flying Greenlight Bundle

Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon
- The Debut 8 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Dreaming Sarah
- Retro Groupee 3

Echo of the Wilds
- Be Mine 12 (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand

Hero of Many
- Numero Uno (ikoid)

Kill Fun Yeah
- Indie Gala Mass Effect
- IndieGameStand
- The Debut 10 Bundle (Indie Royale)

The Oil Blue*
- IndieGameStand
- The Xmas Bundle (Indie Royale)
* Likely not getting a Steam release as chubigans had planned to pull the game from Greenlight.

Reef Shot
- Adventure Role-Playing Groupee
- Get Loaded: Indie Edition (Get Games)

Reperfection
- IndieGameStand
- Spotlight #6 (Groupees)

Sky Nations
- Humble Bundle of Love for Brandon
- Indie Bundle (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand

Trace Vector

Woodle Tree Adventures
- Build a Bundle 6 (Groupees)

Dascu

Hah, now I finally made it into the Top 100. Let's hope I stay in there until the next batch and don't get overlooked.

I guess it reminds of that popular meme pic of handstand girl titled, "Hey look at me, I'm an attention whore."

No big deal.
Personally I always prefer GIFs over regular images when I'm making threads and articles. 1) They're more attention-getting IMO and 2) I feel that they capture the essence of a game better than a still image or maybe even a sentence. Like the dev have to choose the best possible moments to showcase in the short clip.

This is something a lot of developers might not know, and I learned it the hard way.

If you release your game as part of Steam's Early Access, it won't show up on the "New Releases" list on the front page of Steam, and won't until the game is out of early access. That said, when you take the game out of Early Access, it will only show up in chronological order. So if you take your game out of early access a week after it comes out, it'll be down a few pages on the front page.

It makes a huge, HUGE difference in sales.

Aaron D.

Personally I always prefer GIFs over regular images when I'm making threads and articles. 1) They're more attention-getting IMO and 2) I feel that they capture the essence of a game better than a still image or maybe even a sentence. Like the dev have to choose the best possible moments to showcase in the short clip.

Oh for sure.

I enjoy GIFs too, in the right context. They can be glorious when capturing a an awesome moment, gaming or not.

It's just that seeing 75 titles listed with 71 or so of them using static image boxes and 4 of them being animated feels really off balance. Like the animated ones are "cheating" (can't think of a better word) by making themselves stand out against the others.

Strikes me as odd to only see 3% of the list lit up like that.

As I said though, no big deal.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: "More attention getting". There's a finite amount of attention. It's not like doing something that gets more attention generates more attention to get. It simply takes attention from someone else. And the merit of a game has relatively little to no connection to the degree of attention it gets, so attention grabbing is just as likely to grab attention from a meritorious game and give it to a weaker game as vice versa.

As a result, personally I would prefer if Valve could come up with a design that was able to draw attention to a game in a way more connected to its merits than its advertising... but in the mean time, I would prefer that games avoid tricks to mislead people into clicking when they otherwise wouldn't.

It's moot for me as I vote on everything
tinz9RQ.png

RE: "More attention getting". There's a finite amount of attention. It's not like doing something that gets more attention generates more attention to get. It simply takes attention from someone else. And the merit of a game has relatively little to no connection to the degree of attention it gets, so attention grabbing is just as likely to grab attention from a meritorious game and give it to a weaker game as vice versa.

As a result, personally I would prefer if Valve could come up with a design that was able to draw attention to a game in a way more connected to its merits than its advertising... but in the mean time, I would prefer that games avoid tricks to mislead people into clicking when they otherwise wouldn't.

It's moot for me as I vote on everything
tinz9RQ.png
"Eye catching" would have probably been the better phrase to use. I know if I'm checking out a Kickstarter page (I'll usually skim the page before watching the video), GIFs of gameplay will probably intrigue more than simple images. My preference for GIFs doesn't just apply to Greenlight, but overall usage

F-Pina

Added, thanks.

Yes, we were on that bundle. But what are the metrics you guys are searching for by listing the games that were in bundles? Is it the fact that by being on Bundles you get greenlit easier? I read 2 pages back to see if I thing anything related and couldn't find any post about this.
We got invited to a bunch of them but felt it would be unfair to the people who paid full price to constantly put the game at a lower price. We did it once for Christmas season and that was it.

As for the animated gis, our game was (if I recall correctly) one of the few first that actually had them instead of normal screenshots. However, we did not have an animated Title / Box promo on Greenlight listing because I felt it didn't work as well. I also made extensive use of the ability of putting images in the game description as Steam allows you to do that.

Amazingly (and since now I can finally mess around on Steamworks and the Beta Steam Store) it is not possible to use animated gifs as screenshots on the Store although you can on the Greenlight page. Weird.
And again I can't find anyone using images for the description section of the games, at least for 10 random games I clicked. Most games have a small paragraph and that's it! Come on people, be more creative! I Know I will!

JaseC

Yes, we were on that bundle. But what are the metrics you guys are searching for by listing the games that were in bundles? Is it the fact that by being on Bundles you get greenlit easier? I read 2 pages back to see if I thing anything related and couldn't find any post about this.
We got invited to a bunch of them but felt it would be unfair to the people who paid full price to constantly put the game at a lower price. We did it once for Christmas season and that was it.

It's just for convenience. I waste 30-60 minutes searching the wiki so others don't have to. ;)

Edit:
And again I can't find anyone using images for the description section of the games, at least for 10 random games I clicked. Most games have a small paragraph and that's it! Come on people, be more creative! I Know I will!

I've noticed that this is something of a common thing among Early Access titles when it comes to informing users of progress or future plans. Children of Liberty comes to mind as I bought the game earlier thanks to a coupon.

Zenzizenic
Greenlight
Trailer
Zenzizenzic is a fast paced twin-stick shoot ‘em up. Weave through intricate bullet patterns and dodge enemies to rank your score among the greatest and beat various challenges. Play with up to two players and use a variety of weapons to blast thy foes to smithereens.
Lots of weapons, varied and challenging patterns, pixel perfect controls, blasting beat, a mindblowing speed and a unique graphical style; that’s what it’s all about!
Screenshot4.jpg
Screenshot6.jpg
Also on KS:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/733012515/zenzizenzic-final-stretch-for-this-pure-passion-pr

Top Bottom