• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
There were naysayers? It's been pretty clear to me that Square Enix is trying to cash in the PC market with Final Fantasy. Not sure why they would think X/X-2 was an exception. It's why I was holding off picking up the remaster for console.

There were all kinds of excuses really, but most of them were speculation at best.

In any case if they could go ahead and get KH 1.5/2.5 on Steam that would be dandy

Now with that I buy the excuse that Disney needs to okay it first. Especially when there haven't been any digital releases for those on console either.

Guys

QoEHf4l.png

I have a good feeling for an FF9 re-release or remaster, soon.

This is all Squeenix's masterplan, to gauge interest and hype, before releasing the best FF on PC for the first time.

There were naysayers? It's been pretty clear to me that Square Enix is trying to cash in the PC market with Final Fantasy. Not sure why they would think X/X-2 was an exception. It's why I was holding off picking up the remaster for console.

I've wanted a PC version of FFX for years now, but I figured that since it had always been Sony-exclusive (unlike the PS1 titles) that it simply wouldn't happen. But given how so many Sony deals are just "console exclusive"--and goddamn Cloud is in Smash now for some reason, LOL--I probably shouldn't be surprised.

I am SO fucking stoked for this.

MUnited83

For you.
Seems there are several movies coming too. Reservoir Dogs, Sin City, From Dusk Till Dawn, American Psycho and others.

Parsnip

There are always naysaysers.
I'm surprised you haven't heard the 'it's only ever been out for Sony's platforms', 'there's a honorary contract between Sony and SE' and 'they used Sony tech to uprez that shit' reasoning.

Foffy

Banned
Whoa, I didn't expect that one. NIS/Spike Chunsoft on Steam?!?

Both companies already have games publicly announced on the platform.

NIS is bringing Disgaea to Steam, and Spike Chunsoft already had Way of the Samurai 4 come to Steam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now they're gonna lock down the helpdesk site just like they put the kibosh on SteamDB for doing this.

That said, if it's true: I'll totally buy FFX/X-2 on Steam, despite not liking them that much. If it means bringing FFXII to Steam, then I'll bite the bullet.

JBourne said:
Bad Rats Show is the bigger news here.

Fuck Bat Rats. The bigger news is GG:XXX finally hitting PC.
Of course it's the YEARS late version, typical of Arc but still~

There are always naysaysers.
I'm surprised you haven't heard the 'it's only ever been out for Sony's platforms', 'there's a honorary contract between Sony and SE' and 'they used Sony tech to uprez that shit' reasoning.

Well I didn't pay super close attention to what people were saying here, and there are very few posters whose words I put legit stock into. So I guess it all flew under my radar. It just seems given Square Enix's recent trend that it was pretty obviously going to happen.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Both companies already have games publicly announced on the platform.

NIS is bringing Disgaea to Steam, and Spike Chunsoft already had Way of the Samurai 4 come to Steam.

Well I remembered Disgaea, but I didn't expect anything else so soon. Acquire develops WotS though and have been trying to get more software on Steam, so they worked with Ghostlight to get it on there. Danganronpa would be the first Spike Chunsoft game ported that was made in-house.

Peff

Nice. Capcom has been really dumb not to port the phone versions of PW. Hopefully this'll be their wake-up call.

Top Bottom