• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decado

What? You only play games when you can make people bleed? That's, well....
Um...you do realize you kill people in those games with sharp weapons and bullets, right? I prefer playing games where the results of your actions within the basic gameplay actually make sense.

So far I've gotten Universe Sandbox and Dwarfs!? from the gift pile.

Very much not my kind of games, anyone have anything they dislike and wanna trade for them?

Can you explain what the DLC is for someone who hasn't played the game yet? Thanks.

The main game is definitely worth it, but the DLC is mostly just extra maps and costume packs. There is a Raziel and Kain costume pack though.

edit: looking at it now thoug, I only see the Raziel and Kain pack. There used to be a Kane & lynch pack as well.
edit2: hmm, the DLC maps are just score attacks on enemies, not the puzzle maps from the game itself. Not really worth it then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it worth it to craft? I dunno if I should just keep the coal I have or craft and get some shitty coupon for some shitty game.

Some will argue "Yes" because they received Skyrim, while others will argue the contrary because they received a -10% Valve coupon or some such, but the fact of the matter is there's no definitive answer. What you receive is entirely up to chance.

wilflare

thinking on
Total War Mega Pack
Shogun II DLC
Mafia II DLC
Men of War: Assault Squad (for the Achievement, worth it?)
Quake IV (hmm the id pack is probably more worth it right?)

still waiting for
Magicka DLCs
Unreal Deal Pack
Heroes VI

and thanks to MRORANGE for Xotic :D

i think i am about done with Steam Sales.
expensive month ><

Ifrit

Is it worth it to craft? I dunno if I should just keep the coal I have or craft and get some shitty coupon for some shitty game.

If I were in your position, I'd try to trade your coal first and if you can't, on the last day try crafting what you have left or leave it in case you win something

Tomodachi

So, I managed to enter Satan's room after the first boss (I didn't get hit once in the level nor by the boss itself). There was Satan who sold me two contracts for three hearts (also unlocked Eve character).

Now, where the fuck was that Krampus?

TGMIII

So, I managed to enter Satan's room after the first boss (I didn't get hit once in the level nor by the boss itself). There was Satan who sold me two contrats for three hearts (also unlocked Eve character).

It's random chance, I've seen it one in around 50 demon doors.

Xzior

So, I managed to enter Satan's room after the first boss (I didn't get it once in the lever nor by the boss itself). There was Satan who sold me two contrats for three hearts (also unlocked Eve character).

That's the fun part, not only is the appearance of Satans room random, Krampus being in that room instead of Satan is also random. Fun times :p

Mimir

The Satan room is not completely random. There's a very high chance it will appear if you don't get hurt during the level and/or during the boss fight. It never appears on the first level, however.

The main game is definitely worth it, but the DLC is mostly just extra maps and costume packs. There is a Raziel and Kain costume pack though.

edit: looking at it now thoug, I only see the Raziel and Kain pack. There used to be a Kane & lynch pack as well.
edit2: hmm, the DLC maps are just score attacks on enemies, not the puzzle maps from the game itself. Not really worth it then.

Ok no DLC then, thanks.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anyone know anything about Sword of the Stars? Its got a low Metascore but it also looks like a very complicated strategy game so I'm not going to take that at face value.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Anyone know anything about Sword of the Stars? Its got a low Metascore but it also looks like a very complicated strategy game so I'm not going to take that at face value.

From what I've been seeing, the game is essentially not finished. Really buggy, really poorly designed/fleshed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom