• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I FINALLY got to Satan's Room.

It FINALLY had a Krampus

I was doing very very well against him.

.... Then my 21 month old decided that moment was the best moment to run up and mash at my keyboard.

Next time lock 'im in the basment :p

Meh, I'm done trying for this stupid achievement. I hate hunting for random shit in games I don't like.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Is homefront multiplayer worth 7.50? Bought Lost planet 2 thinking people were playing and nope, not 1 server
Yeah, people still play. Oh My Sally's Bakery is nearly always populated (it's full right now) and there's a few others. It's a small but active community.

Kammie

The main game is definitely worth it, but the DLC is mostly just extra maps and costume packs. There is a Raziel and Kain costume pack though.

edit: looking at it now thoug, I only see the Raziel and Kain pack. There used to be a Kane & lynch pack as well.
edit2: hmm, the DLC maps are just score attacks on enemies, not the puzzle maps from the game itself. Not really worth it then.
I don't think this is right. I just loaded up DLC1 for the first time, and it's maneuvering around a bunch of traps. DLC2 was the one that had the score attack. From the titles and descriptions, it looks like each DLC has a different theme.

Edit: Each DLC has four different scenarios, and it's a bit of each--time, score attack, and probably something else, but I don't want to spoil it yet since I haven't even finished the main game. It's all pretty fun, and the two score attacks I tried had different mechanics--one was in a poison swamp with exploding plants and the other had traps you could set off on the enemies. For less than a buck each you can't really complain.

cicero

It got down to the last couple of minutes before the previous days sales got knocked off and I was still reading impressions on Hearts of Iron 3 Complete November 2011. I randomly hit a good patch of upbeat comments and praise for the game on the last article I was reading on RPS and saw that timer running down...$7.49 spent.

Hopefully this works out, if I ever do get to it that is.

RedSwirl

Okay, so which Quake games should I buy if I'm only interested in the singleplayer? Also, does this mean there's a good chance of a DOOM pack deal coming later on?

Okay, so which Quake games should I buy if I'm only interested in the singleplayer? Also, does this mean there's a good chance of a DOOM pack deal coming later on?

The only Quake that is really multiplayer only is 3 (though there is a skirmish mode), 1/2 have great campaigns. Haven't tried 4 but I picked it up for the single player.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, I've now played the demos for both Edge and Rush, and I vastly prefer the latter. It's a much more relaxed and methodical experience.

Random Question: Are Lost Planet 2 (67% off) and Dark Void (70% off) daily deals, or have they been that the whole sale?

Might pick those up the last day since I haven't spent too much so far

No one here has played the Shogun 2 DLC Rise of the Samurai? Just wanted to know if it was worth it or not. I know it's only $2.50 but all this money adds up, lol.

dani_dc

Been playing The Binding of Isaac for a good hour and a half, entered the satans room twice, but neither time did Krampus show up. The game is incredibly frustrating...it's not a bad game, but I just can't play it anymore right now...

Played the game today, found a satan room my first try and Krampus was inside. Died when he was a shoot or two away from dying. Been trying for two more hours with no luck.

Random Question: Are Lost Planet 2 (67% off) and Dark Void (70% off) daily deals, or have they been that the whole sale?

Not daily deals, they'll be that price until the end of the sales according to the information on their pages.

It really pisses me off that I'd been trying to purchase Assassins Creed 1 and 2 for about 4 hours and it wouldn't work for me... and now, the time that it goes through and almost gets me to the purchase, the price is suddenly up from $12 to $40.

FUCK.

I bought the Men at War Complete pack but is anyone elses download on steam incredibly slow tonight? Did not have these problems to this extend before in the sale. Game related or simply busy?

Card Boy

Banned

All the Capcom games have being at those prices the whole sale. Its funny because 50% of Super Street Fighter 4 AE would be considered a daily deal going by past sales.

DOA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I FINALLY got to Satan's Room.

It FINALLY had a Krampus

I was doing very very well against him.

.... Then my 21 month old decided that moment was the best moment to run up and mash at my keyboard.

kids.... don't you just love'm? ;)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If anyone needs gifting/pricing (US) help I'm available for a bit. Just hit me up.

Also, what's the consensus on Wasteland Angel?

think xelios got a pack
unpacked. got extra Toki Tori

:D

You got me the pack. =p And yeah I did get an extra one.

L00P

I got the Krampus achievement a few days ago. I think this one is hard to get if you haven't played Isaac before. According to the wiki, devil rooms will only appear if you don't take damage on a boss fight, don't take damage at all in a full level, kill a hobo or acquire a satanic item.

Now the easiest way to get the achievement is to beat the bosses without taking any damage in the first couple of levels. It may sound hard, but the bosses in the first couple of levels are extremely easy once you are familiar with their attack patterns. The bosses gets tougher after that so you might want to restart your game if you just want the achievement. Anyway, Devil rooms appear at least twice for me in a single game, so they aren't rare at all.

But then there's Krampus himself. I'm not sure how often he appears in devil rooms, but you'll eventually run into him if you keep trying. He only has a couple of attack patterns so he should be easy enough. Here's a video so you have an idea on how to fight him.

seldead

If any Americans would be willing to trade Shogun 2 for any or all of the following i would be greatly appreciative as I'm now quite broke, and its still $20+ in aus.

Portal 2
Orcs Must Die
Worms Ultimate Mayhem
6x coal

I got the Krampus achievement a few days ago. I think this one is hard to get if you haven't played Isaac before. According to the wiki, devil rooms will only appear if you don't take damage on a boss fight, don't take damage at all in a full level, kill a hobo or acquire a satanic item.

Now the easiest way to get the achievement is to beat the bosses without taking any damage in the first couple of levels. It may sound hard, but the bosses in the first couple of levels are extremely easy once you are familiar with their attack patterns. The bosses gets tougher after that so you might want to restart your game if you just want the achievement. Anyway, Devil rooms appear at least twice for me in a single game, so they aren't rare at all.

But then there's Krampus himself. I'm not sure how often he appears in devil rooms, but you'll eventually run into him if you keep trying. He only has a couple of attack patterns so he should be easy enough. Here's a video so you have an idea on how to fight him.

You know what we really need?

A SAVE FILE.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All the Capcom games have being at those prices the whole sale. Its funny because 50% of Super Street Fighter 4 AE would be considered a daily deal going by past sales.
It's unlikely with Capcom, but I hope they hit dailies. Either SF4AE or DR2.

mrgone

That video - I've put a bunch of time into Isaac and I've never had that many crazy powerups simultaneously. I have no idea how people succeed with any consistency at that game. It's such a crap shoot. Fun and all, but holy shit that game hates me like I'm wearing leather pants at a PETA convention.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, I now have 7 coal. Should I craft them, or save 'em? Or trade 'em?

Trade them if you can, but it appears that coal has been greatly devalued since the early days of the sale. Most of us are getting terrible coupons from crafting, so the idea of trading a real game for them isn't very appealing. As your attorney, I'd recommend you post an offer in the trade thread to see if you get any bites, but if not you might as well craft it. You're more likely to get something decent from crafting than you are to win the grand prize.

eh not sure about Xotic, i tried the demo and i guess i kinda dig the concept of it and the hypnotic soundtrack but overall it's just not polished enough and the controls are pretty sloppy and floaty for an FPS experience...

oh well got plenty other games!

An-Det

Finally got home so I can check out the sales in-depth. I watch the video for Rush, think to myself 'this looks cool, I'll buy this', move the cursor to the 'add to cart' button, and only then notice that I already own it. Damn Steam...

Edge and The Binding of Isaac for me today. I'm doing pretty well this sale, plenty of quality and I haven't spent much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom