• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offering any or all of this, whattaya got?

steam.jpg

Echoes

Is there any way to: know the price of what I gifted (got for people), and what I bought, without having to look up my CC transactions and adding numbers manually? I just wanna know how much I spent.

Lulubop

I picked up Orcs must die! on pure impulse as the sale was winding down, and I have to say it might be the best thing I picked up.

I'm also curious to know how enjoyable Dead Island is solo, and if there's much of a community playing the game here.

Sober

I picked up Orcs must die! on pure impulse as the sale was winding down, and I have to say it might be the best thing I picked up.

I'm also curious to know how enjoyable Dead Island is solo, and if there's much of a community playing the game here.
Haven't played it co-op but I imagine it's similar to any other co-op title in terms of being able to shoot the shit while also coordinate a bit.

For SP, I played through to the sewers (just stopped due to the rest of November releases) and it's pretty fun. The Island resort is probably the best and the city is not too bad if a bit confusing and extremely repressive. But it does give a sort of feeling of dread and suspense if you play it SP too.

deduce

Just bought Duke Nukem Forever for .99c from Amazon. Another game to add to my vast pile. My expectations are at their lowest, so hopefully it will be bareable to play. *cough*
Awesome deal, thanks for sharing. I wasn't that crazy about the demo but for $0.99 I'm willing to give it a try.

Aselith

Is there any way to: know the price of what I gifted (got for people), and what I bought, without having to look up my CC transactions and adding numbers manually? I just wanna know how much I spent.

There is a menu specifically for gifts you have sent in the Steam account info but you'd still have to add them manually.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iminrightnow

This guy apparently won the grand prize.

Well, I guess at least he'll get some use from MW3...

I don't see how it could be fake. That makes it even more lol wut.

He had all those games before this sale even started.

Perhaps one of his parents work at Valve. They all have general access to Steam games, right?

He apparently has about 60 more games since that google cache in November.

That can get your account banned.
I don't think Valve will make a big fuss about it. What they don't like is using a VPN to buy directly from a "foreign" Steam store. This is by all means a retail key and will probably show up as one. I bought a couple of Steam activated retail games from the UK which are not available on the German Steam store (at all or in an uncensored version, for instance L4D2, AVP).

Pretty relaxed about it. But there may be a risk of shenanigans down the road so it has to be taken into account I guess.

I can't buy from my local store (Australia) since I had my account authorized to buy stuff while I was on holiday in the US. Have to buy from the US site since the client has IP tracking.

Not complaining since Aussies get routinely f'd in the a. It's pretty great actually.

camerooni

Neo Member
I can't buy from my local store (Australia) since I had my account authorized to buy stuff while I was on holiday in the US. Have to buy from the US site since the client has IP tracking.

Not complaining since Aussies get routinely f'd in the a. It's pretty great actually.

this is strange.. for me they allowed transactions from us based ip's.. but only using the aussie store via the http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=au page while in the states.

frankly i'd rather have what you're having!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some Valve employees, like Robin Walker, have Steam accounts with all the games on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/robinwalker

However his account does include games that you can't buy on steam anymore.

The game count of Community profiles includes additional items such as DLC and soundtracks, which I alluded to above. There are not 2200+ individual games on Steam. In my case, for example, I have 487 individual games, yet my Community profile mentions a much higher number of 735.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
You tell me, bro.

but thats trainz simulator 2012, not railworks 3 :p (that video is so great!)

i bought railworks 3 for three euros during the sale and already played it for some hours...it's really relaxing...

i wish i could somehow play the train route i drive every day to work, that would be kind of awesome :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom