• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDdYoNe

Anyway it's good to know Brothers will be 70% off some day. Own all i want, except Shadowrun and Castlevania, but the prices suck ass for the game i don't really know what to expect from and the game i already beat on PS3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The only viable choice

It could very reasonably be argued that Brothers is the third best game listed, it's also not the cheapest and it is the only game not 75% off. I voted for it because I own the other two on Steam already and they've been available for this price before, but not everybody has those games.

mCZxwQd.png

Yep, need to see what all this love is about.

Sini

Why can't I see BL2 here? It was not region locked.
5Wd89.jpg

Also what game won the community vote? It's blank for me even though all three games were available here during the voting.
5Wdr0.jpg

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have a bone to pick with how some of these sales are presented: "Tomb Raider" isn't 80% off because there's no way it retails for $59.99 $49.99 anymore. 80% off looks good, but the game doesn't retail for $60 $50 anywhere.
It will retail for that much on Steam once this sale ends. Looking at historical data, it seems like the $50 base price is more common than not. Only Amazon and GameStop have it for $20 normally.

Is this dumb? Yeah, but I'm just the messenger. No shooting, please.

MNC

This cracked me up

BORDERLANDS 2 GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION
RU: 49 pуб. (1.1 EUR) (90% )

Russians pay like, €1 for BL2 GOTY.

mileS

Brothers will get a big bump from the people here on GAF but lets be serious. There's little to no chance it wins against those two names/pics. Plus the other two are -75% off anyway. Blah I'll still hold out a bit of hope because I've been dying to get this cheap and finish it before the year is over.

Castlevania seems pretty good. I played the demo a couple days ago. Looks and runs fantastic. Well aware of its shortcomings (also seems like a love it or hate it type of game judging from opinions) I really enjoyed the demo so I'm excited to start this.

derExperte

Prices of snow globe cards are now almost at 0.10€, crashing hard.

Brothers will get a big bump from the people here on GAF but lets be serious. There's little to no chance it wins against those two names/pics. Plus the other two are -75% off anyway. Blah I'll still hold out a bit of hope because I've been dying to get this cheap and finish it before the year is over.

B had a lot of hype. It has a fair chance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tempted to jump on Blacklist but I think I'll wait for 66%. Black Flag + its DLC + Liberation HD in January = enough Ubi for a little while.

FloatOn

voted brothers. I will buy that game if it wins.

super tempted by shadowrun but I think I can wait on the berlin campaign and bug fixes they have planned.

Jonm1010

Banned
So I voted for it cause it looked the most interesting but is Solar 2 worth it??......assuming it pops back up in the community choice spot.

Voted Brothers.

Feature page prices for me FINALLY updated. A full 12 minutes later. When the sale starts and the feature page prices don't update just click the game to see the sale price.

okay! sat on these until the new sale. to continue with my tradition of giving away games where you die a lot:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eldritch #3 -- MB-AD0C73867030A380 - Taken by Jrdan. 6 entrants total.
Eldritch #2 -- MB-2366104846E056BA - Taken by jediyoshi. 11 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-3DE674D4526DD4D2 - Taken by Threads. 5 entrants total.

t1387822563z1.png

and since i failed to notice the raffle started when i CREATED it....well....best of luck.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This cracked me up

BORDERLANDS 2 GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION
RU: 49 pуб. (1.1 EUR) (90% )

Russians pay like, €1 for BL2 GOTY.

If your using the Steam Unpowered addon to get this, it's wrong.

The actual price in Russia is 224 Rubles (about $7)

cicero

Prices of snow globe cards are now almost at 0.10€, crashing hard.
This was so obvious from the beginning. I cashed out immediately when they spiked after selling at only $.20 pre-sale. Probably made like $20+ off of them. I bet they hit $.05 and that is when I will swoop in and maybe craft a badge after all.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
ah, DS2 and Blacklist got updated.

I'd clicked on the actual game page, and the prices hadn't updated.

You are forgiven, Gaben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom