• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

My wife is asking about Machine For Pigs and I'm wondering if it's going to go lower anytime soon. When is the next sale? Summer?

Summer is the next big sale. Amnesia might show up for cheaper on a weekend deal before then though.

It all really depends on if you want to play it right now or not.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I voted for Brothers, thinking it was the other Brothers, but it's not, so for my brothers and sisters on SteamGAF that want the game, I'm glad I could still unintentionally do a brotherly act and help get it closer to a discount brother.

Just keep the prize in mind, brother.

77jhBY9.png

Brother.

DLC sales continue to disappoint. Pepperidge Farm remembers when they used to get the same discount as the base game.

hashtag entitledgaming

bonesquad

Brothers better win... but I'm sure it won't because one of the options is a game at $2.50.

Reus is great. Probably my favorite pickup from the summer sale. A lite "god" game with objectives to complete which unlocks more 'stuff' that keep it interesting. I really need to play it more...

derExperte

This was so obvious from the beginning. I cashed out immediately when they spiked after selling at only $.20 pre-sale. Probably made like $20+ off of them. I bet they hit $.05 and that is when I will swoop in and maybe craft a badge after all.

But the cheap ones are getting bought faaast, it's impossible to get them and now prices are rising again a little.

Prophane33

I voted for Brothers, thinking it was the other Brothers, but it's not, so for my brothers and sisters on SteamGAF that want the game, I'm glad I could still unintentionally do a brotherly act and help get it closer to a discount brother.

Just keep the prize in mind, brother.

77jhBY9.png

Brother.

Thank you. Every time I hear this game mentioned (or read about it) I have to speak like Hulk Hogan for a couple of minutes.

Dambrosi

Banned
Do this.

Nothing for me tonight - waiting on Tomb Raider @ Amazon tomorrow. Or the next day, whichever. Though, if I had the spare funds, I'd leap all over that Shadowrun deal. Loved the original on SNES.

Already got Castlevania @ GMG for less than a fiver, and most of the rest of the dailies worth a damn in various bundles throughout the year. Also, LOL @ ARMA III.

Spring sale or fall sale, depending on your hemisphere.

Summer is the next big sale. Amnesia might show up for cheaper on a weekend deal before then though.

It all really depends on if you want to play it right now or not.

I'm seeing conflicting info here. I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, so March-May are Spring months. Also, for those who have played A Machine For Pigs, is it worth $10? My wife and I are big fans of the first Amnesia and the Penumbra games (though not as much for Requiem) and really enjoyed Dear Esther. Story and presentation are what we enjoy the most in horror games, so the lack of an inventory system isn't as big of a deal for us.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone knows if Splinter Cell Conviction uses Uplay?

Yes, it does. Like all modern Ubisoft titles.

Which isn't a big deal, but it's truly awful compared to Origin/Steam.

These vote options are pretty bad, but I voted for one anyway for the CARDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Volvo plz. ;_;

KKRT00

If I buy Borderlands 2 GOTY and already have Borderlands 2 vanilla, i get Borderlands 2 vanilla as a steam gift and i can use DLCs on my existing copy, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AFAIK, no. The DLC is attached to GotY, but I think you could possibly transfer the DLC files in the GotY install files over to your base game and have it tricked into thinking those work. But don't quote me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom