• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

No.

Exceptions are Ubisoft games and games that are poorly optimized.

Well, I did say essentially ;)

You would have to admit, the experience on PC is generally better across the vast majority of multiplatform games.

Another report: Ive played the downloaded version of Ground Zeroes and the loading on the PC-version is quite faster.

Doesn't this be extend to essentially every multiplatform game?

No. It's really hard, but 99.99% of the time it's completely fair. If you're really worried about frustration just make sure to stay hollowed so people can't invade you.

Even better now, you can launch steam in offline mode and be good to go. I'm playing it for the first time myself and I dislike all the online messages and stuff all over...this solves it. :)

To the difficulty, if I try and take my time, look before leaping, and fight one on one, it's not bad at all.

Matchew

Even better now, you can launch steam in offline mode and be good to go. I'm playing it for the first time myself and I dislike all the online messages and stuff all over...this solves it. :)

To the difficulty, if I try and take my time, look before leaping, and fight one on one, it's not bad at all.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm not interested in the online stuff either so I'll be doing this also.

mrks

Neo Member
It's boringly hard. As in, you'd better not mind clearing the same 5-10 minutes of trash mobs over and over as you learn how to kill a boss.

BNW is all you need in terms of play mechanics. The rest are additional civilizations and scenarios you really won't miss. Especially since you already have Gods and Kings.

how good is the PC port for dark souls? I heard bad thing

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Voted for Hack and Slash then.

If the games have a 75% pretty sure it wont drop lower than that right?
or should I?
90cbeda5bb.gif

Grief.exe

The PC version is the definitive version by a wide margin.

You could make an argument that the game is a bad port, but the majority of arguments are superficial. The largest issues in resolution and DRM have been fixed, with the former having been fixed mere minutes after the initial release.

Faynwulf

I was really looking forward to playing FFXIV. It has been on sales before... so I don't understand why there is no discount.

Classic Square Enix.

Josman

It's terrible but It can be fixed with a mod Durante made, the game is fantastic, for the price you probably won't regret it anyway.

On a side note: what's up with the coming remaster of Dark Souls II? I'm about to pull the trigger on the DS2 daily deal but if I get it, will I be able to just update it? with all the enhanced visuals talk, and will there be crossplay with the two versions?

So far I'm getting Rogue Legacy, DSII and MG:R

Blu(e)

Has Capcom ever done Lost Planet Bundle (DLC included)? I've always wanted to play them but never got around to picking them up.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, 80% off MGS: Revengence and it's not even a daily? I'm not sure the price is gonna get better than that. =S

Wow, 80% off MGS: Revengence and it's not even a daily? I'm not sure the price is gonna get better than that. =S

It is a daily technically, er 48 hour sale. It's because Ground Zeroes is on sale, typically whenever a game is a daily the rest of the franchise it belongs to is on sale with it most of the time.

teiresias

I'm no stranger to the Steam Sales and waiting for the Dailies, but I've been wanting Arkham City majorly since playing Asylum for the first time two weeks ago and it's 60% off right now ($7.99), but I assume it might pop into the dailies so I'll wait.
AU7Amsc.gif

mrks

Neo Member
It's terrible but It can be fixed with a mod Durante made, the game is fantastic, for the price you probably won't regret it anyway.

On a side note: what's up with the coming remaster of Dark Souls II? I'm about to pull the trigger on the DS2 daily deal but if I get it, will I be able to just update it? with all the enhanced visuals talk, and will there be crossplay with the two versions?

So far I'm getting Rogue Legacy, DSII and MG:R

Thanks, will keep in mind. As for me I would wait for the remastered of Dark Souls II
Also i got MG R, at that price, yes please. Rouge legacy is fun too a rouge like platformer good for a couple hours kind of like spelunky

Lomax

I posted those hours ago, although since they haven't been fixed it seems like they might not be mistakes...

I NEED BETTER/MORE

i miss russia

The old days of price mistakes have been dead for a few sales now. Valve seems to have finally wised up and flip the store slower. Recent price mistakes have largely been currency issues.

What are the chances of Half Minute Hero 2 going lower then 50%? It's been on my wishlist since launch on Steam, and I loved the PSP game.

So do new releases (aka november releases) ever get discounted either at all or greater than like 20-25%? I want football manager 2015 and it's not discounted yet and GMG has a 20% off coupon that works with it right now that expires tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom