• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

This has nothing to do with that. Basically its Sega of America and if they went away, probably nothing of value would be lost from the point of view of a Sega, Creative Assembly, Relic fan.
Yeah read some more of it. Seems the equivalent of if they got rid of Capcom US (not counting Vancouver)
Yes, but Kubus has taken over that OT.
ahhh ok. Was thinking something was off if MRORANGE was late on a OT.
Is it your first time playing FF6? Damn I'm jealous, wish I could go back and play it fresh myself. Such a great game.
Have slowly been trying to go through all the FF games. Skipped 4&5 even though I own them, to play 6.

Have slowly been trying to go through all the FF games. Skipped 4&5 even though I own them, to play 6.

Man, 4 is so good, though!

You have to go back and play. But coming from 6, you might miss some of the mechanics it introduced. EDIT: "Miss" as in "long for" and not "lose out on." It didn't look that clear when I saw the sentence alone.

Jawmuncher

To be clear, Orange doesn't know it has been taken over. He's been online today, but hasn't posted.
Yeah just caught up in the OT thread after reading your post. I wonder what's going on.
Man, 4 is so good, though!

You have to go back and play. But coming from 6, you might miss some of the mechanics it introduced. EDIT: "Miss" as in "long for" and not "lose out on." It didn't look that clear when I saw the sentence alone.
I'll be going to 4 after 6. I should be ok mechanic wise. Played FF1&2 after playing newer FFs and I got used to the lack of stuff after a hour.

So, since we're talking about MRORANGE...Has there been any update as to the Steam GOTYs? I can smell the crisp air of February upon us, and since i cast my initial vote I've played a couple more games and wouldn't mind making some changes to it.

Tizoc

So, since we're talking about MRORANGE...Has there been any update as to the Steam GOTYs? I can smell the crisp air of February upon us, and since i cast my initial vote I've played a couple more games and wouldn't mind making some changes to it.

Too late to change, those could go for the 2015 GOty list though if they're eligable ;D

Knurek

I'll be going to 4 after 6. I should be ok mechanic wise. Played FF1&2 after playing newer FFs and I got used to the lack of stuff after a hour.

One thing FF4 has going over FF6 is that there is an actual difficulty level.
Unless you're playing the SNES FF2 version, you will get your ass handed to you. Sometimes repeatedly.

Too late to change, those could go for the 2015 GOty list though if they're eligable ;D

nope, but i just wanted to swap out Valiant Hearts for Shovel Knight. Both are terrific pieces of content but where i found parts of VH to be tedious, SK was the rare breed of game that i had difficulty putting the controller down for.

One thing FF4 has going over FF6 is that there is an actual difficulty level.
Unless you're playing the SNES FF2 version, you will get your ass handed to you. Sometimes repeatedly.

if youre talking about the DS version of FF4 then yes, shit gets tough.

If youre talking about any of the 2d versions of FF4 then naw, it's pretty damn easy. Only time i had to do a little grinding was in the final dungeon, and even then they provide this perfect section to grind in with high XP enemies that don't put up a fight at all.

He hasn't posted in a week, how could there be an update?

I don't know, just wanted to know if someone else knew something, anything regarding the GOTYs. I'm not always in this thread and i assume some folks talk to him outside of this thread ::shrugs::

He hasn't posted in a week, how could there be an update?

Knurek

if youre talking about the DS version of FF4 then yes, shit gets tough.

If youre talking about any of the 2d versions of FF4 then naw, it's pretty damn easy. Only time i had to do a little grinding was in the final dungeon, and even then they provide this perfect section to grind in with high XP enemies that don't put up a fight at all.

I've completed only the J2E SNES patch (so, using Japanese version of FF4). And the DS one.
SNES one murdered me at times, especially many of the final dungeon encounters. Not even fixed ones, the random mobs can murder you as well. In comparison I don't think I've even seen the Game Over screen while playing the DS version.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Shoutout to Starship Rubicon, which deserves some Greenlight votes:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=982484

I played and enjoyed it too much not to make a thread for it:
4OLSU1a.gif
7Mi1Z0i.gif

If you can imagine FTL with Asteroids style combat, then you basically know exactly what this game is, and its very, very fun to play. You can already buy the game from Humble/Desura, but I wrote all that up in the thread over there.

Give it some votes, people :p

For those who are or have played Life is Strange: how are the subtitles? The subtitles in Remember Me didn't scale with your resolution so when i downsampled the game they were so small as to be unreadable.

Parsnip

Okay Steamgaf. I've been without internet since last Saturday, what did I miss?

I cleared out a tiny bit of backlog of games I had installed while I was netless, so here's couple of words.
Street Racing Syndicate - It's really hard to go back to racing games from this era, and if I had to guess this one wasn't all that hot even back when it was new.
About Love, Hate and the other ones - I just can't get into it. Really annoying voice overs.
Inescapable - Enjoyed my time with it up until the part with the claypot. That fucking claypot.
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club - For a game that's all about that comedy club, it's too bad that most of the writing isn't funny. It tries really hard but is just kind of boring.
Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike - Seems neat, but gets kind of difficult kind of fast. I don't have patience (and maybe not the skill) for this kind of game anymore.
Z - Eeeh. I still like the concept of it with the way territories work and stuff, but I remember it being better. Feels like an Android port (fake edit: I think it is).

Shoutout to Starship Rubicon, which deserves some Greenlight votes:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=982484

I played and enjoyed it too much not to make a thread for it:

(The flickering is not ingame)

If you can imagine FTL with Asteroids style combat, then you basically know exactly what this game is, and its very, very fun to play. You can already buy the game from Humble/Desura, but I wrote all that up in the thread over there.

Give it some votes, people :p

This looks cool. Small gif though...what are the things you're dragging from your inventory into your ship? Weapons and/or stat-affecting systems?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This looks cool. Small gif though...what are the things you're dragging from your inventory into your ship? Weapons and/or stat-affecting systems?

I changed the gif to a bigger one from the trailer, but yeah, new weapon systems, weapon/shield/health enhancing parts or parts that affect other parts (increasing weapon firing speed if attached to a weapon, etc).

The game also has an ally system, who all have different bonusses/abilities and a permanent unlock system to get more ships, which all also play surprisingly differently. I just unlocked a huge gunship, which has a ton of space for additional ship parts, but is a) very slow and b) cant stay still, so you are always in movement, which takes a bit getting used to.

I changed the gif to a bigger one from the trailer, but yeah, new weapon systems, weapon/shield/health enhancing parts or parts that affect other parts (increasing weapon firing speed if attached to a weapon, etc).

Oh, cool. This is definitely on my radar now.

Nabs

My Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8088vYlRvXU

Super fun game. Liked it a lot. It's like that Scott Pilgrim console game, but much more enjoyable imo.

I'm really loving this game. I generally don't care for beat 'em ups, but this one has a really tight control setup that I am really enjoying. I wish we had more... like a sequel to look forward to or something.

If you ever go back to this, remember to put points into your skill set (right side). They removed all of your skills after that first tutorial level and had you start from scratch. Basic things like double jump, combos and special moves have to be added once again.

fantomena

I'm really loving this game. I generally don't care for beat 'em ups, but this one has a really tight control setup that I am really enjoying. I wish we had more... like a sequel to look forward to or something.

If you ever go back to this, remember to put points into your skill set (right side). They removed all of your skills after that first tutorial level and had you start from scratch. Basic things like double jump, combos and special moves have to be added once again.

Thanks.

Btw, I assume you watched a bit of it. What's your opinion on my voice? Been trying the past week to improve it through programs like Audacity.

Too loud, too deep, needs to be clearer, game sounds too high etc.

All feedback is appreciated. :)

Turfster

IndieGameStand's current deal is Chaos Ride PWYW

Bundlestars has Aarklash Legacy 85% off, FORCED 85% off, Ethan Carter 40% off

Gamersgate has GRID 1 & 2 66% off

GetGames is having an adventure games sale

GetGames has Sleeping Dogs Definitive 75% off

GMG's Best of 2014 (20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX)
  • Broken Sword Franchise 60% off
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive 66% off
  • The Last Federation 50% off
  • Wolfenstein TNO 50% off
  • The Evil Within 50% off
  • Alien Isolation 50% off
  • more

IndieGala Janus unlocked Primal Carnage

Nabs

Thanks.

Btw, I assume you watched a bit of it. What's your opinion on my voice? Been trying the past week to improve it through programs like Audacity.

Too loud, too deep, needs to be clearer, game sounds too high etc.

All feedback is appreciated. :)

Maybe lower the track with your voice and raise the game audio. The recording quality is fine, so it doesn't have to be so loud.

Nzyme32

So, is it me, or has the Login screen for steam changed? Seems like there is a button missing or something?

Sorry, I'm late to this one, missed a lot of the thread. This is actually somewhat similar to how Gabe said he wanted to Steam to be with Curation way back at his economics talk iirc. I wonder if the curators that lead to the specific sales will actually get a cut of the profits as he said back then?

Turfster

Indiegala Friday Special bundle
Price: 2$
  • Voyage Journey to the moon
  • AI War Fleet Command
  • Bionic Dues
  • Retention
  • Volt
  • Castle
  • Ninja Guy
  • Primal Fears
  • Shattered Haven
  • Skyward Collapse
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal
  • Tidalis
  • A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2
  • Vintage Year

maty

Hey guys I have some great news. I turn 30 today and while that is not that good, I bought my 1st house. It's a studio apartment so nothing too big. After many years of saving and some help from my parents
and a loan
I finally have my own place.

To celebrate I'd like to give a few games away. Though I wanted to give something a little more expensive this is all I can do for now. Plus region locking does not help.

Have at it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) -- MB-17B8A1912018F182 - Taken by madjoki. 58 entrants total.

t1422719534z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-07916D0FAC3FC28E - Taken by brassica. 1 entrants total.
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-40FDBB2572759DDA - Taken by Polishin8r. 6 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-5E1E4A2E1D548AC2
Lovely Planet -- MB-7BD83D81910540C3 - Taken by titch. 7 entrants total.
MURI -- MB-8FC5CB6F556E0C2C - Taken by inm8num2. 3 entrants total.

t1422644054z1.png

Kiru

I just went to redeem my AMD Silver key depressed as fuck about not getting Star Citizen anymore.... but then....

Holy Shit. I'm so glad I still waited until the code actually expires!!!

Hey guys I have some great news. I turn 30 today and while that is not that good, I bought my 1st house. It's a studio apartment so nothing too big. After many years of saving and some help from my parents
and a loan

To celebrate I'd like to give a few games away. Though I wanted to give something a little more expensive this is all I can do for now. Plus region locking does not help.

Have at it

Happy birthday!

Happy new house as well, quite a big step in life.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Killing Floor 2 screenshots. The game has character customization this time.
What is this trippy art style doing? At first glance they have this comic book inky look to them, but then upon closer inspection they don't. It's like an optical illusion or something where it disappears when you look for it.

Anyway, I think I'm 1000% over zombies/gross hell-humanoids of any kind right now. Sorry, KF2.

Lain

and a loan

Congrats on the house and happy birthday!

Kiru

and a loan

Have at it
Happy Birthday! Nice accomplishment! Also, let the mass giveaways begin! :D

Cheddahz

Banned
and a loan

Happy birthday and congrats on the house! I actually just celebrated a birthday as well (on Monday) and it feels good to finally fulfill something on that day. I hope the move goes smoothly!

MUnited83

For you.
IndieGameStand's current deal is Chaos Ride PWYW

Bundlestars has Aarklash Legacy 85% off, FORCED 85% off, Ethan Carter 40% off

Gamersgate has GRID 1 & 2 66% off

GetGames is having an adventure games sale

GetGames has Sleeping Dogs Definitive 75% off

GMG's Best of 2014 (20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX)
  • Broken Sword Franchise 60% off
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive 66% off
  • The Last Federation 50% off
  • Wolfenstein TNO 50% off
  • The Evil Within 50% off
  • Alien Isolation 50% off
  • more

IndieGala Janus unlocked Primal Carnage
Janus Bundle is kickass. Will pick it up when it gets a happy hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom