• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

I loved it. Its exactly what I want from a sequel to these type of games and I think it was the right transition. The game basically picked up right where the previous left off. I hope the next game they go even bigger letting BUD explore an entire solar system or something. I hope Ubisoft made enough money on them to make an even larger game next time. The best thing about those games is that they are fun, peaceful and relaxing. I don't want them to go make it hard or anything like that.

The original was relaxing, too, but there was still SOME challenge. You had to be careful climbing or else you'd call and have to start over. The parachute flowers were time limited, and you had to be careful not to crash into anything with the leaf glider or else you'd drop it (and it was always exciting to try to catch back up to it as you both were falling). I'm Grow Up, you can just fly everywhere from early on, completely eliminating even the tiniest speck of interesting gameplay.

Nzyme32

just curious, whats the obsession with buying shit tier garbage games that have been delisted?

Seems there are just a lot of collectors here. Having said that, on occasion there can be some gold getting thrown out due to licences. Having said that, those same games can come back later if companies decide to invigorate the franchise in other mediums and thus want to get game money rolling in - good examples include the Ghostbusters game (essentially the 3rd movie that should have been) and Deadpool.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
just curious, whats the obsession with buying shit tier garbage games that have been delisted?

the average steam player has like maybe 15-25 games.

so i would say the 1st percentile GAF member is the average Steam player, and the average Steam-GAF person is around the 99th percentile Steam player. So is it that weird that a few avid collectors here are invested enough to track down removed-from-sale oddities and rubbish?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Tigon still alive? Vin Diesel should make a real F&F game. Or hire the ex-Burnout people. Also re-release The Wheelman on Steam.

He said back in 2013 that Tigon was back in business and working on a new Riddick game, but I think he spoke too soon and the idea he had ultimately became the basis for The Merc Files, which is a mobile game developed by Gaming Corps, as there's no evidence that the studio ever reopened.

jesus, that was quick!

Acti's had the licence for a while now: its first TMNT game was Out in the Shadows, released in 2013. I've long said that a recent release is not a good indicator of Acti's intentions as the Bond licence was dumped two years early despite 007 Legends releasing less than three months prior, and now TMNT is another example. Always assume the worst.

Is it just a coincidence that only bad games are removed from Steam?

header.jpg

😢

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
And this is why I hate Steam sometimes - too many great games, which means I forget games that are deserving of a top spot. I almost forgot Stellaris and corrected myself but forgot about Darkest Dungeon and Dragon's Dogma

Yeah, it's a bit easier for me these days since I don't get to play as many different titles as I used to, but it's still a bit crazy. Stellaris is a game that a few years ago I would have played for weeks, but haven't even played. It taunts me from my wishlist. Same with Dragon's Dogma. I KNOW that game is my jam, but I haven't even bought it yet.

the average steam player has like maybe 15-25 games.

so i would say the 1st percentile GAF member is the average Steam player, and the average Steam-GAF person is around the 99th percentile Steam player. So is it that weird that a few avid collectors here are invested enough to track down removed-from-sale oddities and rubbish?

I could understand if it was a good game that has been or will be delisted, but I don't understand the appeal of tracking down and paying good money for virtual turds to "collect". Is it an attempt to own everything that has ever been on steam? I was just curious of the motivation and appeal of it.

Hektor

Steamkeys for My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! or, Ladykiller in a Bind were just added to past Humble Bundle purchases

Parsnip

New Store page guys!

Fully uncensored!

So has she elaborated on why exactly it wasn't on Steam at first, and why it's now suddenly okay? Assuming the game is completely unchanged (not just uncensored), this seems a bit weird.

Also it might be just me but man the art in the game is kind of off-putting.

illusionary

So the weekly predictions of the Humble Uplay Bundle came true this week! Not ideal, but I'll at least take tier 1 and I'm weighing up the BTA tier as I've not played Liberation. It would be more tempting if they'd not already given away AC III last month!

I'm assuming that next week will probably be an AGDQ tie-in, so unlikely to have anything especially high-profile.

Is this the best Steam store image of all time?

So has she elaborated on why exactly it wasn't on Steam at first, and why it's now suddenly okay? Assuming the game is completely unchanged (not just uncensored), this seems a bit weird.

Mafia 3 came out since the initial denial of Ladykiller, right? The very same Mafia 3 with playboy covers as a collectible? Perhaps Valve realised how arbitrary they were being and decided to let it in.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

It takes place in a isekai premise where everyone is pie-faced.

Hektor

xDRzbvp.png

I'd think it initially was because paypal and therefore by extend valve do not want to deal with erotic content.

No idea what changed tho

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

iirc, she mentioned that Valve never returned her emails when development was wrapping up. Initially, she was given the go-ahead by someone, but whoever was in contact with her at the time must have left in the several years it took to finish the game. A few of her colleagues tweeted screenshots of themselves emailing people at Valve trying to make a push to open communication again. As with all things Valve, nobody really knows why it had to take that much effort to begin with but, hey, Queen Christine is finally where she belongs!

Also, anyone who bought the game via Humble will get a Steam key when it releases.

neoemonk

I passed on God Eater during the Steam sale but I wish I hadn't. I tried some of the old Monster Hunter games on PSP but they never caught on with me but something about the weirdness of God Eater makes it seem interesting.

Sarcasm

I passed on God Eater during the Steam sale but I wish I hadn't. I tried some of the old Monster Hunter games on PSP but they never caught on with me but something about the weirdness of God Eater makes it seem interesting.

Well GE is a bit easier and the missions last roughly around 10 minutes. I like MH a lot but this is a decent game.

Eila

The backgrounds look really nice actually but the faces look straight out of a teenager's deviantart account. I like bold art style, but that one looks like a misstep to me.

Momentary

Banned
Ian Bell is saying Project CARS 2 is looking like it will be ready around September?

There is no way in hell that is going to happen. If that's going to come into fruition, then there are going to be some people putting in some overtime.

Valxal

Against my better judgment, I bought every roman-numbered Final Fantasy on Steam. I have to admit seeing all those logo in one place is kinda nice, however...

I can tolerate IX being out of order, but Lightning Returns being way over there really bugs me.

I know that Steam doesn't have a title sort feature. Is there any unofficial way to do it? Like with some sort of an outside program or somesuch?

I actually had this problem too and found a way to solve it.

zkylon

zkylewd

New Store page guys!

Fully uncensored!
i didn't like what i played of it nearly as much as her other games but good to see steam permitting a healthy dosis of consensual bdsm and tits on steam

like there's a dialogue option in this game that's "cum on her face"

it's pretty cool

(fo reals this game does a lot of clever things with narrative that are really cool)

Looking at the screens this game has horrifying art. My God.
???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom