• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinha

That's where we have a problem. The problem isn't acknowledging things. The problem is KT's port consistency. Atelier isn't the first KT game to have support for higher than 1080p resolution. Arslan did or even before, Bladestorm did. Although, some games that happened later, like DQH or Attack on Titan were locked to 1080p.
Is Atelier setting a new trend or is it another strange case of inconsistency ?

well, even with inconsistency, none of their ports were actually good, so looks like we have a first here

NeoRaider

Anyone saw this:

Xub1wxZ.png

Shadow Warrior 2 pricing error briefly drops it to $4

-Only "around 1,000 people" took advantage of this week's especially mad Midweek Madness sale.

lol XD

FLD

They still have 14+ Atelier games to port, let's get our priorities straight.

I really hope if they do this they don't do like NISA and go too far back right away, though. I'd love for them to do the Arland and Dusk trilogies first, since I've been meaning to try them out on Vita for a while now.

Ideally, they'll eventually port their entire back catalogue. I've wanted to try Ar Tonelico for years.

I love how cool Devolver is about it.

Or about things in general.

I really hope there's not some gnarly, shitty thing about the company that just isn't known yet that will make me not want to support them because they seem pretty solid.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are there any good bundles these days besides Humble?
Quality seems to have dropped everywhere.

Bundlestars sometimes. that's about it, groupees and indiegala are fodder 90% of the time

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Indiegala I think is currently the most underrated bundle site. I don't doubt that over a fourth of the games I own on Steam come from Indiegala (and I have almost 5,000 Steam games currently), they have several bundles a week for relatively cheap and constantly get games that have never been bundled before.

I think Indiegala is by far the easiest way to get a high Steam library number, their bundles aren't for the standard of 'consistently amazing', but there's a lot of gems you can get through them and good for basically "everything", I would say. And that everything does include good games, a surprising amount, but many you may not have heard of if you don't follow specific indie scenes.

Far above trash tier, but due to how they sort of function there's usually varying levels of quality between titles in different bundles.

Teggy

I love how cool Devolver is about it.

Or about things in general.

I really hope there's not some gnarly, shitty thing about the company that just isn't known yet that will make me not want to support them because they seem pretty solid.

I hear they like pineapple on pizza.

A friend gave me a Project CARS code. I am not too worried about running it (I have a 1070 and I still play at 1080p) but, I haven't played a simulation racer in honestly almost a decade. I play mostly arcade racers and like those more but, I will give this a fair shake.

Oh and the Far Cry 2 thing I was talking about earlier. Alt Enter just makes it Borderless windowed in a way so that is solved.

Also this tweet kinda is nightmare fuel for me on Steam most of the time now a days.

https://twitter.com/darkeonwarlord/status/826517826542456832

Benedict

Bundlestars lose me on their bundle page even though they have some good offers.
There are so many bundles that are available for a long time, have similar names and content. Makes it diffiult to remember which I have bought.
Bundles should really be greyed out or similar if I already bought them.

kromeo

Just started XIII-2...

JwuUOO6MQsUn74h5wGsw_Confused%20Toy%20Story.gif

the fuck is going on here. Shit goes full anime right from the start huh? Lightning is some sort of afterlife goddess whut? This motherfucker Noel looks like the Kingdom Hearts guy, I cant unsee it. And this badguy stole Nightmare's sword from Soul Calibur, thats not very nice. Hey I know those rebel guys from XIII at least. And hey paradigms are back, thats cool. Right, lets try to make ense of this shit, I bet there is no sense to be made, lets carry on.

Sure is pretty tho :3

Best to try and pretend the plot doesn't exist in XIII-2 and just enjoy the gameplay, it makes X-2's story look like a masterpiece

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-49E1F43CAA703DB7 - Taken by Vazra

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realized that the BTA additions is definitely going to be Ridge Racer. I was hoping for Symphonia too :[

ridge racer was in the first namco humble bundle tho

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh joy, AppleGAF, future versions of iOS will not allow running 32bit executables, period.

How many games will you lose access to?

//EDIT: I'm an idiot, who things iOS and MacOS are the same things. :p

You know, I suspect that Microsoft would like to kill Win32 support in consumer versions of Windows in the relatively near future but won't make that move until Apple does something similar with MacOS. Hell, it's arguably already laid some groundwork: Win10 games are WinStore apps, Office 365 is increasingly popular and a traditional app suite could be sold/distributed through the WinStore, and Windows Update delivers driver updates by default.

Knurek

Is ROM an adventure game or more of a VN? I bought it a while back and keep meaning to play it.

It's an ADV.
Think Snatcher or Phoenix Wright.

You know, I suspect that Microsoft would like to kill Win32 support in consumer versions of Windows in the relatively near future but won't make that move until Apple does something similar with MacOS.

They aren't *that* deranged, are they?

Also:

11.jpg

17.02.2017. Guessing DanganRonpa V3?

Mivey

You know, I suspect that Microsoft would like to kill Win32 support in consumer versions of Windows in the relatively near future but won't make that move until Apple does something similar with MacOS. Hell, it's arguably already laid some groundwork: Win10 games are WinStore apps, Office 365 is increasingly popular and a traditional app suite could be sold/distributed through the WinStore, and Windows Update delivers driver updates by default.
Huge part of the PC software market is currently sold exclusively through Win32 apps. Not even Microsoft would be willing to take such an avalanche of lawsuits on. At least Windows for businesses (whatever that version is called) will always support Win32 apps. Maybe they will axe it for regular Windows.

JaseC

Huge part of the PC software market is currently sold exclusively through Win32 apps. Not even Microsoft would be willing to take such an avalanche of lawsuits on. At least Windows for businesses (whatever that version is called) will always support Win32 apps. Maybe they will axe it for regular Windows.

That's what I said. I agree that business editions will probably always support Win32 programs as even phasing it out one inch at a time would cause a massive headache -- for both Microsoft and the businesses themselves.

Rhaknar

If you're genuinely looking forward to it for those reasons, then you don't belong to the group I mentioned and have no reason to feel slighted. I wasn't painting with a broad brush; I said "to some extent".

I know, in fact I even had a whole "I know you are talking in general and your post is very eloquent in adressing all systems" but then I got lazy :3

My bad boo.

JaseC

I know, in fact I even had a whole "I know you are talking in general and your post is very eloquent in adressing all systems" but then I got lazy :3

My bad boo.

I made that post so long ago that I almost forgot what "it" was. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom