• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted much here lately because... well, I haven't been playing many PC games >< hopefully that will change in the next few months

Nevertheless, hope whoever wins Va11 Hall-A enjoys it, it's one of the best games I played last year :D

Nice giveaway. Got the 10$ tier, but hope to win it for my sis~

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 -- MB-44EA3CA533D30D2B - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Pony Island -- MB-CDD3D10A670BA5CE - Taken by ibn Sad. 9 entrants total.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-E77B57C64E6D8FD3 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 11 entrants total.

t1484082297z1.png

Tizoc

Pictopix is pretty decent so far. The overall UI is simplistic and barren but it is otherwise a decent and fun Picross-like game IMO.
Bonus points for the music at least being better than Paint it back :p

Ascheroth

WHY do I keep reading this threat with all you enablers . . . I do not need another game!

Aaaaandd bought. I'll go cry in a corner now.

Lol, I remember buying Marlow Briggs because of GAF as well.
More specifically, I'm pretty sure it was Tizoc thread :p
Should get around to completing it sometime, but for it's Pony Island time.

Eila

M-masaka, a good humble bundle? I got burned by gamepump though so I'll have to go for $1 tier. I'll have to wait until N++ and Vallhalla come to a cheaper tier.

Definitely getting the $1 tier. Nice to see bonus games make a comeback, I hope they add something I really want, already have Day of the Tentacle and I'm not that interested in Deadbolt or N++, so I'd be paying $9 just for VA-11 Hall-A.

Blu(e)

Is there way to check games by reviews/ratings? I'm kind of curious about what other games could be included next week.

PaulSane

Finished Berseria demo, was a bit overwhelmed at first, but after about 30 minutes got a hang of the combat system, and that made the whole process much more enjoyable. From a technical standpoint, i had zero issues - put everthing on max and at 2.5k resolution, not a single fps drop on my modest machine. I'm definitely going to buy it, the only question remains if it will happen on release or down the line.

Also bought a 1$ tier of humble bundle, it was too good to pass up.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour -- MB-29211428E343612A - Taken by data

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it already is...it's not like a normal demo

it won't disappear when the full game launches

It disappears when uninstalled and doesn't count as an owned game, though, which is what he's referring to. Registering a key tied to the beta/dev sub would make it a permanent fixture.

rtcn63

Replaying RE5 (alone, like always) before finishing up Bio 2. It's cool, I know the farm game, gonna give Sheva the machine gun and load her up with bullets. One thine I like is that upgrading your "base" weapons unlocks their strongest variants (ignoring the longbow).

Was this piss filter always this yellow.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Vermintide -- MB-351CE099947B6710 - Taken by Nzyme32. 18 entrants total.
The Escapists -- MB-B3BC5A6ADF7FAE31 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 5 entrants total.

t1484084735z1.png
Escapists includes the dlc

Grief.exe

LoL does. Steam didn't support F2P titles at the time of its release, so it was pay-to-play.

I'm assuming Riot doesn't even support the client anymore. You could trick Steam with the appid trick to show your are playing the game, then run the actual client separately.

Nzyme32

Lol - TotalBiscuit seems to be heavily indicating he has been playing Long War 2. It's "insane", which bodes well along with other positive sentiments.

Parsnip

Hm..
Twice now amazon payments has crapped out on me while trying to buy a humble bundle, and after I cancel and return to the store, the captcha says I should verify that I'm a real person, even though I just did.

Bah. I guess I'll wait and see if it resets or something sometime in the next 2 weeks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, but the client is going to be outdated so it won't pass the server check. I'm assuming here.

Looks like some people do the appid trick to show they are playing lol through Steam.

https://steamdb.info/app/20590/graphs/

The game's Steam app is tied to a launcher, which probably handles game updates and such. The Steam Community hub doesn't have a discussion forum, but there are some screenshots and guides.

More like a novelty.

I'm guessing Jase owns a copy and can check it out. Might be interesting.

Nah, it was pulled shortly after Valve introduced support for F2P titles, which was before I caught the collecting bug.

Ascheroth

Finished Pony Island. That was pretty cool. Some very neat things, but also some annoying parts (
the last butterfly puzzle anyone particularly <.<
)

It's not going to change my GOTY ranking though

Finished Pony Island. That was pretty cool. Some very neat things, but also some annoying parts (
the last butterfly puzzle anyone particularly <.<
)

It's not going to change my GOTY ranking though

Enjoyed it quite a bit, but the parts that force you to play the actual Pony Island game are very tedious. Would be better if it focused more on the puzzle and meta stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom