• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Whispering Willows, this game looks so good.

It's supposed to be a horror puzzle game that focuses heavily on its narrative. The crux of the gameplay seems to be that you can make an "astral projection" of the main character's spirit to solve puzzles, switching back and forth between forms, helping spirits pass on, etc.

It's set to release tomorrow, looking forward to impressions of it.

ss_0f6eb06f4ba87703c9051bd4aa97bfff22498190.1920x1080.jpg

ss_4a81d22760e4d55d14d106da30018f13fbb0e10f.1920x1080.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Microids needs to get off their asses and do an actual port of Syberia to Mac, not a lame mobile version. I got excited to play it after finishing Beneath A Steel Sky, but every single hotspot's visible in the Mac version, which takes away some of the challenge already.

Heh, I'd rather they pour 100% of their resources into making Syberia III

Damn didn't realize that Wolf Among Us was already at episode 5. Best on Computer or on Playstation?

The PC version runs on a toaster and allows for easily downsampling/other AA at 60 FPS where the PS3 version is a gitchy, sub 30 FPS juttery mess. Your choice. Telltale games are usually pretty bad on the consoles sadly.

Started The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 last night. The presentation is great, but could be slightly faster so far. Very interesting though.

So if you missed the news, the new Steam beta does some cool things:

This means no double GTA/Civ entries and:

They added a new sorting feature that can help fix the order of some games. It'll require them to go in and change stuff in the registry, so don't expect a wide change overnight.
Oh wow, I'm honestly surprised they got around to fixing this.
It had been like that for years I figured that's just how it would be, but I'm glad it finally got fixed.

So if you missed the news, the new Steam beta does some cool things:

This means no double GTA/Civ entries and:

They added a new sorting feature that can help fix the order of some games. It'll require them to go in and change stuff in the registry, so don't expect a wide change overnight.

I wonder if they'll fix the vanilla vs. GOTY edition double entry issue. I have Dragon Age: Origins (vanilla and Ultimate edition) twice and it drives me insane.

Good Luck!

Wow, crazy giveaway!

Heh, I'd rather they pour 100% of their resources into making Syberia III

I didn't know they had number 3 in development, although reading it is a 'real time 3d' game sort of nulls my interest a bit. I know technology is currently in a state where current real time 3d can look as good as the static 3d images used in older point and click games but I think I will always prefer the old style. That is unless they do a pseudo 2d rendered background where it's actually real time 3d but a semi-locked perspective to give the impression of a pre-rendered background.

I accidentally posted in here. Whoops.

Anyway, is there a way to know how much exactly did I pay for a game? I mean, apart from looking through email receipts.

MUnited83

For you.

It's supposed to be a horror puzzle game that focuses heavily on its narrative. The crux of the gameplay seems to be that you can make an "astral projection" of the main character's spirit to solve puzzles, switching back and forth between forms, helping spirits pass on, etc.

I'm liking it so far. Puzzles have been pretty simple though, but I'm guessing it will get harder later.

Deitus

Never played Smash. But I'm very bad at all the others, MK, SF, Tekk, SC, KOF.

My brother is very much into fighters, so I've played them all except smash. I just cant remember button combinations.

Well that's the thing about Smash Bros, you don't need to memorize anything. All of your moves are done with a combination of a single direction input and a single button press. Super simple. Not that there isn't plenty of depth there as well.

I haven't much followed Abyss Odyssey, but if it's being compared to Smash Bros, expect it to be incredibly easy to pick up, but difficult to master.

I accidentally posted in here. Whoops.

Anyway, is there a way to know how much exactly did I pay for a game? I mean, apart from looking through email receipts.

You can go to your Steam Account information, and it will list every single purchase you've ever made and how much you spent. However, if you bought multiple things at the same time, it won't itemize them and tell you how much each was.

Zafir

Have they mentioned a price yet?

Does look interesting, and I'd give it a shot if the price is right.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm liking it so far. Puzzles have been pretty simple though, but I'm guessing it will get harder later.

oh this is out? This and Claire, 2d horror games bringing it lately

Sofa King

Well that's the thing about Smash Bros, you don't need to memorize anything. All of your moves are done with a combination of a single direction input and a single button press. Super simple. Not that there isn't plenty of depth there as well.

I haven't much followed Abyss Odyssey, but if it's being compared to Smash Bros, expect it to be incredibly easy to pick up, but difficult to master.

It all ends up mashing buttons for me. I just make Donkey Kong pound the ground.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there anything else like marlow briggs on steam?

character action games?

well the DMC games, Enslaved are the big ones

Garshap and X-Blades are fucking terrible. but the sequel / remake of X-Blades called Blades of Time is actually decent I thought, and its in a bundlestars right now

Sarcasm

I may actually buy the DD, Stronghold Crusader.

Just watched a polish dude stream it..of course I don't know polish but still.

maneil99

Didn't get to go get my steam wallet cards for my giveaway because I got my eyebrows done. I think I am going to die from pain.
In other news, Crysis is fun

I may actually buy the DD, Stronghold Crusader.

Just watched a polish dude stream it..of course I don't know polish but still.

It's really good, holds up well. I've been playing that and the original Stronghold HD

Your best bet is to look at the date you bought it and a Steam price history service.

http://www.steamprices.com/us
http://isthereanydeal.com/

It's kind of annoying if you bought a ton of stuff in your cart on one day :/

You can go to your Steam Account information, and it will list every single purchase you've ever made and how much you spent. However, if you bought multiple things at the same time, it won't itemize them and tell you how much each was.

Well, that's exactly what I want though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom