• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any previews/impressions so far of Sacred 3? I was hoping for a new loot-ARPG, but heard rumblings that they dumbed it down to a basic hack-and-slash without the loot, so I took it off my wishlist.

Well, there goes any chance of me playing it.

981F4FD669DC5B5EE0EC877785E0F87E03FE0DE6

profound sadness

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys, I just found out that the WildStar beta keys are only for European users.

sad face :( well I have a key I can't redeem. I don't feel like going through all the trouble to set up Modbot so the first person to quote me. I'll PM them.

(but really though you could just go get it yourself lol at this link

Remember! EUROPEAN ONLY!

MayMay

Banned
Bought some nice stuff today. The Witcher 3, Risen 3, TitS, Gothic Universe Edition -- for less than Far Cry 4 or ACU cost new in the store. Yeah, thanks Ubisoft - that can wait lol

why would you actively avoid to have thief -_-

I dunno, that series never did it for me. I had thief gold back in the day (best buy offered 3 free games when my mom got a PC for the family back around...2000? I got Thief/Deus Ex, Tropico, and Red Faction). It just didn't click with me. had a ton of fun with the other games, though.

HoosTrax

i saw a stream about the game 2 weeks ago , is basically a linear hack and slash with limited loot , i dont think that 50 dollars should be the price for a game like that
I guess that confirms my fears.

On the plus side, after some poor initial impressions, Path of Exile is growing on me quite a bit. I figured out that I could get a character build more-or-less how I wanted it (female character that wears plate armor and wields swords), by starting out as a Ranger and then ignoring the archery skills and going for the dual-wielding and swordplay passive skills, and picking up a few +Strength passives along the way.

Knurek

Either Valve wisened up, or there's something wrong with card drops.
Been idling Shank 2 for the last 40 minutes, not a single drop yet. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
disclaimer since it's on sale: transistor does not have zkylon seal of approval

pretty game full of potential but in the end very disappointing

I dunno, that series never did it for me. I had thief gold back in the day (best buy offered 3 free games when my mom got a PC for the family back around...2000? I got Thief/Deus Ex, Tropico, and Red Faction). It just didn't click with me. had a ton of fun with the other games, though.
well at least you tried it

i have no problems with that then :>

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Enhanced Steam says the Complete pack has gone for sale for $9.99 in the last Winter sale, which is when I bought it as well.

Cool. I'll probably buy it "again" to get the episodes. If I've got this right, I can trade or sell the key to the original one I buy. I'll refer to that massively-informative OP to verify. ;) Thanks!

Caerith

How does idle master work? Just asking because I'm interested in the programming. I already got it running right now.
Is it basically the same system that I could use with the HL2.exe and this text file where I could put in the app id? Or is it something different?
It basically just tells Steam you're playing a game with app id X, where X is an app id from a list of games on your badge page that have card drops outstanding.

(Pardon the late response to this, been off playing games >.>)

The games aren't an AU. They're a sequel. The first game starts off ~5 years after the original saga. The events of the saga play into the games a fair bit, especially with Wild Hunt judging by what we've seen from the trailers.

I thought the games were just an adaptation, being neither sequel nor alternate universe. As per the interview with the author:

"The game - with all due respect to it, but let's finally say it openly - is not an 'alternative version', nor a sequel. The game is a free adaptation containing elements of my work; an adaptation created by different authors," he noted.

"Adaptations - although they can in a way relate to the story told in the books - can never aspire to the role of a follow-up. They can never add prologues nor prequels, let alone epilogues and sequels.

"Maybe it's time to set the matters straight," he went on. "'The Witcher' is a well made video game, its success is well deserved and the creators deserve all the splendour and honour due. But in no way can it be considered to be an 'alternative version', nor a 'sequel' to the witcher Geralt stories. Because this can only be told by Geralt's creator. A certain Andrzej Sapkowski."

Dr Dogg

Either Valve wisened up, or there's something wrong with card drops.
Been idling Shank 2 for the last 40 minutes, not a single drop yet. :(

Well it's taken me 6 and a half hours to get all 7 drops from Awesomenauts which I know some folks in here said would take a while but that's at a longer drop rate than the 15 I got today from the other games in just under 5 hours. It is heavy server load time so that might be one factor to consider.

Let's be honest here, there was no chance in the first place because it's not an Ubi collectathon. ;)

Compiled into what?
Completed? A lot of us probably have, why?

That's why you use mystery gift... otherwise people won't take it. :p
yeah sorry, completed

there is nothing to worry about.

Unless you are making bank selling cards, which you aren't. I did it last year and am not behind bars yet.

i did , but im not from the US so after i did that i could instantly sell more items
ok thanks!

It makes me sad that I've seen multiple people mentioning idling Awesomenauts. That means that you guys haven't legitimately played the great game.

Edit: iosefe, I just took Bad Rats just to give you the status to enter that giveaway. Totally avoided it until now :p

It makes me sad that I've seen multiple people mentioning idling Awesomenauts. That means that you guys haven't legitimately played the great game.

Edit: iosefe, I just took Bad Rats just to give you the status to enter that giveaway. Totally avoided it until now :p

I've played it. :) I'm pretty bad at using melee characters though.

EDIT: Good man

i have some shame

Good luck. lol

EDIT: Congratz, it was taken.

iosefe

did it go to you, cause i remade it with a different code to remove no lurkers

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Let's be honest here, there was no chance in the first place because it's not an Ubi collectathon. ;)

I may have! But in saying that, I still need to finish Torchlight 2 (kindasorta almost there), the Grim Dawn alpha/beta, and the first Van Helsing, so even if the game were a lootwhore ARPG, it'd still be relatively low on the list.

chixdiggit

It is driving me absolute mad that I am the only one that can not get Idle Master to work. I am the kind of person that will not quit until I have it figured out.

Tame

Well it's taken me 6 and a half hours to get all 7 drops from Awesomenauts which I know some folks in here said would take a while but that's at a longer drop rate than the 15 I got today from the other games in just under 5 hours. It is heavy server load time so that might be one factor to consider.

been idling on Awesomenauts from before i got in from work over 5 hours ago.

got one more card drop left

btw thank you J and Stump for Idle Master

Manik

Having a bit of an issue with IdleMaster - It has been working fine, but then I noticed when I came back to my PC that the program had auto-closed itself.

Now, when I run the start.exe it says '78 games to idle' then auto-closes the command prompt window. There is a line that pops up just before it shuts down, but it goes too quick to see what it says! Any advice?

Have tried logging in and out of steam and steamcommunity, as well as clearing my cookies in my browser and still no dice :(

Having a bit of an issue with IdleMaster - It has been working fine, but then I noticed when I came back to my PC that the program had auto-closed itself.

Now, when I run the start.exe it says '78 games to idle' then auto-closes the command prompt window. There is a line that pops up just before it shuts down, but it goes too quick to see what it says! Any advice?

Have tried logging in and out of steam and steamcommunity, as well as clearing my cookies in my browser and still no dice :(

Same thing happened to me. I had to logout and back into steam. Then use the new steamlogin data.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-359A4568C50875F8 - Taken by Tame. 77 entrants total.

t1406838562z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom