• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

I'm finally getting into PC gaming in a few weeks. Anyone have any recommendations for some good PC only horror games? I'm looking at Hello Neighbor and it looks really cool.
Play Amnesia. The Dark Descent, at night with good headphones on. Though, that actually had a PS4 release, huh.

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finally getting into PC gaming in a few weeks. Anyone have any recommendations for some good PC only horror games? I'm looking at Hello Neighbor and it looks really cool.

Penumbra: Black Plague and Penumbra: Overture from the devs of Amnesia/SOMA. The franchise usually goes on sale for a dollar or two.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I think Amnesia: the Dark Descent is quite well liked. That's really the only one I know about though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Thanks everyone so far. I actually just picked that up on PS4 haha

Oh, so you've spent the last 5 years playing consoles and are about to become someone else... something else?

Tizoc

I just beat Silver Case
Completing it and watching that ending was like experiencing a fever dream and wondering if you woke up from it or not.
For a PnC Adventure game it's one whack ride.

Deques

94 entrants and I was chosen to win Sonic Mania? Thanks a lot Ban Puncher! And happy birthday

sMLvEo8.gif

dex3108

What does the DLC add?

Faster Baby adds missions oriented to cars and more story focused missions together with weed growing side missions and slowdown mode while driving (also new location). Stones Unturned adds more story focused missions but this time with your buddy Donovan at completely different location. Sign of times adds missions oriented to investigations with new kind of enemies, Sammy's renovation and slowdown mode for shooting together with throwing knives.

All in all game feels complete and with way more variety.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Faster Baby adds missions oriented to cars and more story focused missions together with weed growing side missions and slowdown mode while driving (also new location). Stones Unturned adds more story focused missions but this time with your buddy Donovan at completely different location. Sign of times adds missions oriented to investigations with new kind of enemies, Sammy's renovation and slowdown mode for shooting together with throwing knives.

All in all game feels complete and with way more variety.
Does the slow-mo driving and shooting apply to the main missions too? I will hold off on starting the main game if that is the case.

ArjanN

Eh, I'd be fine with Super Street Fighter II, Street Fighter III 3S, Street Fighter Zero 1-2-3. For 40 dollars.
In any case, I REALLY hope this is PC bound and happening with these games.

I'm sure it'll be PC too.

And honestly all you really need is the last game in each SF entry, since the newer revisions are pretty much always more refined and have more content.

dex3108

Does the slow-mo driving and shooting apply to the main missions too? I will hold off on starting the main game if that is the case.

Every mechanic they added can be used during main game too. That includes slowmo shooting and driving, throwing knives, proximity mines, ability to throw grenades from cars, sniper support.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Every mechanic they added can be used during main game too. That includes slowmo shooting and driving, throwing knives, proximity mines, ability to throw grenades from cars, sniper support.

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm so used to DLC being entirely self-contained or close to it. I will definitely hold off until I find a deal on the pass.

Well The Surge demo sure is making a case against me buying it. Doesn't even display picture via Steam Link! It also will not let me use my Xbox controller to move my character.

L.O.R.D

No Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix? I would love to play this iteration as I haven't yet

it's only has
Hyper Street Fighter II - The Anniversary Edition
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future
and the movie Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
in Full HD

i don't think they will add more games on it.

dex3108

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm so used to DLC being entirely self-contained or close to it. I will definitely hold off until I find a deal on the pass.

Also Faster Baby adds new part of the map and you can go there anytime, and Signs of Time adds missions and locations on main map. Only Stones Unturned DLC takes you outside main game map. I really like when open world games expand main map and make everything seamless too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Father_Brain, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
NBA 2K17 -- MB-A4E9EE621C23C041 - Taken by dave is ok. 30 entrants total.

t1501353316z1.png

Jawmuncher

it's only has
Hyper Street Fighter II - The Anniversary Edition
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future
and the movie Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
in Full HD

i don't think they will add more games on it.

Did they just announce it?

L.O.R.D

just finished Prey 2017 after month of playing
i just have something to say,,i am super disappointed by the ending.

it's like
telltale games

i really liked the idea and the gameplay,then in the ending if the game it become very hard and there is many many quests (go to that area,fetch this,fetch that,shut down this,kill that...etc) it becomes boring.

sure,the dialog in the ending changes because you done things in the game,
but that doesn't matter at all,because all this was just a simulation and the earth already gone,you only have to save several persons to get the real ending and get high empathy,doesn't matter if you ran away after killing the Apex or destroying everything,it's all the same

escaping using the pod or killing everyone is just will give you the wrong ending (start over)

i heard this game will have a DLC? played it on friend PS4 and the control is super bad on his PS4 Pro.

================

Did they just announce it?

i think it's just re release of the PS2/Xbox version

Ascheroth

I have SOMA on PS4 actually! It's really good.

I'm gonna open this up to more genres.

Any pc exclusives in general that you all recommend?
That's easier:

Coming to the PS4 next month, but you'll likely find it for cheaper on PC. A fantastic and very unique 'RPG' experience.

One of the best Visual Novels out there. Fantastic writing, music, artstyle. An emotional roller coaster. Likes to rip your heart into pieces only to put it back so that it can rip it out again. Does not feature anything 'anime'. Not recommended if you don't have emotions or need a lot of action in your games.

Don't let the graphics put you off. It's a fantastic dungeon crawler-ish action RPG, with a surprisingly good story, fantastic music , addicting gameplay loop and perfect level of challenge. Featurin souls-like interconnected level design with a central hub before Souls game even were a thing.

The 3rd entry in the Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series is PC exclusive, with the previous 2 being on PSP as well, but PC is the definitive version for all of them.
Fantastic JRPG amazing great world-buiding, characters, story and charm. Be warned that it's a slow starter and has a ginormous amount of text. The combat is turn-based with positioning and pretty good. The biggest problem, slow animations, can be mitigated with CheatEngine.

Charming JRPG-ish game with the gimmick of constantly changing genre. From Zelda-like to Chrono Trigger over Beat em up to Rhythm Game, there's something of everything in there and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Very nice little Castlevania/Metroidvania-ish game.

And Hexcells Plus and Hexcells Infinite are very nice puzzle games.

But man, this reminds me that I have barely a clue about what's PC exclusive and what isn't.

Tonton

Undertale is getting a PS4/Vita port and you're using a SC image for 3rd :p
well Fata Morgana is on Vita and 3DS but that's Japanese only

Actually, does anybody else with a Steam Link have issues with their bluetooth Xbox pads? Mine isn't getting picked up by most games, or only the analog sticks work. Most of these games used to work just fine.

Edit: forgot to turn off msi after burner, maybe that caused it

Ban Puncher

94 entrants and I was chosen to win Sonic Mania? Thanks a lot Ban Puncher! And happy birthday

sMLvEo8.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

tumblr_nmfa9zr0a31u159kho1_400.gif

Thank you to everyone who entered and an even bigger thank you to all the well wishers. I had a lovely day filled with food and booze and presents. There was also some family and friends here too I guess.

I am going to eat birthday cake for breakfast.

tumblr_nwymo9IaEx1sh7f6io1_500.gif

I'm at a Birthday party in a ridiculously small house and they crammed at least 40 people into it and I had to come outside because I could barely breathe. Jesus...

Happy Bday Ban Puncher. I hope the space to guests proportion at your party is more generous.

Anteater

I'm at a Birthday party in a ridiculously small house and they crammed at least 40 people into it and I had to come outside because I could barely breathe. Jesus...

Happy Bday Ban Puncher. I hope the space to guests proportion at your party is more generous.

are you sure you're not at puncher's party

because that sounds like a puncher's party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom