• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm at a Birthday party in a ridiculously small house and they crammed at least 40 people into it and I had to come outside because I could barely breathe. Jesus...

Happy Bday Ban Puncher. I hope the space to guests proportion at your party is more generous.

They keep coming! WTF!

And no, unless Ban Puncher is a 2 year old baby girl.

The twist here is that it's a GamemasterAnthony birthday party.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like stalker and mount & blade

those are like pc exclusives right

also idk if u heard about this game it's called league of legends it's pretty good........................

also idk if u heard about this game it's called league of legends it's pretty good........................

giphy.gif

Tizoc

Hey here's an idea:
Don't reply about something and leave it be, and consider actually talk about something different.

Case in point-
I just now realized Marlow Briggs has no gfx options in-game.
Playing through it again, it really makes me want a sequel, one that improves on the combat. There's not impact felt on the attacks you dish out, and a refined combat system can be an interesting approach were there a sequel to it.

Nabs

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm so used to DLC being entirely self-contained or close to it. I will definitely hold off until I find a deal on the pass.

I think all of those features are given to everyone, not just DLC owners. I definitely have slow-mo driving/shooting, as well as access to Proximity Mines.

Lost Planet 2 was an inspired sequel. I co-oped a few times with different people and it was a blast. I really just liked how absurd you could get with it and how it didn't take itself very seriously, and the various titles and emotes you could get were just ridiculous.

I liked burlesque dancing on top of a giant beast.

Or doing synchronized poses with pals.

Tizoc

Gotta say RE5, RE6 and Lost Planet 2 are games I want to play co-op, and that's the one way I want to play through them.

AHA-Lambda

Mr Shifty is pretty fun, but I do understand where many of the critic's complaints have come from. The game has a sustained steep ass difficulty spike from the half way point, and much of it can feel cheap due to the sheer amount of enemies.

Ladekabel

I'm around halfway through route B in Nier and I'm tired of being sucked in to sidequests and running from point A to point B to point C to point A to point D to point B etc. I need a linear game after that so I'l probably wait a little bit longer before I buy Prey. Speaking of Arkane, I installed Dark Messiah of Might & Magic because on HLTB it has a lowish play time. Please tell me it is more linear and no sidequests that suck me in.

Dec

For some reason Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is running worse for me than the New Order?

Did this happen with anybody else?

I didn't notice anything when I played them last week, but I expect that would be the case as The Old Blood had some very considerable graphics improvements I thought. It also has many more graphics options so you should be able to turn some things down. Also The Old Blood has MSAA which may be on. Depth of field is also pretty demanding on high I think.

Unless the issue is your PC should be able to keep up and it isn't. Knowing your GPU usage in problem areas would help.

I didnt even consider a graphical improvement. Thanks for the help, Im playing at ultra right now with a nonconstant 60 and its a humbling experience more than anything. Here I was thinking my 6700k and 1080 would ride me into the sunset forever

That's id Tech 5 for you. It's so unfortunate that they went with that for Quake Champions as well (edit: Actually it seems like some hybrid concoction between id and Saber tech, but it certainly feels like 5 from my play). Wolfenstein 2 is bound to look and perform better than its predecessor now that they're on 6.

Tizoc

What would you say are the worst game engines used on PC games nowdays?
Personally I dislike CryEngine and and idTech 5.

Uraizen

Banned
I have it on PC. I'm just saying the make that collection look really nice it should just include basically everything outside V.

I suppose, but I think an edition select would be nicer for each game. Either way, all games are going to need GGPO or good rollback netcode if they want it to sell beyond collectors. I know they can't do that for SFIV, but they can at least do it for the rest.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GoodCoffeeJoey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior -- MB-3B667F62D9FA4F25 - Taken by oni-link

Another game I apparently already own. This is a free key from humble so redeem before August 5th.

I won Kingsway in SuperPac's giveaway (thanks!) and played it for a few minutes.

The game is pretty simple: you travel around the map, fighting random monsters and earning items that you store in you bag. I mean, you drag the item icons into you bag folder. Item management is a mess, just like a real desktop ^_^

Battles are fought in real time. You and your enemy each have an action bar that fills quickly. It's like the ATB system in old Final Fantasy games. Sometimes you'll fight multiple enemies at the same time and have to manage different windows quickly to fight everyone. Just look at my taskbar in this screenshot, I'm fighting three bandits:

In a fort, you'll find shops and quests. I love the "Add to Cart" thing in shops, there's even a checkout window ^_^

The game will probably get boring after a while, but it's very charming, I love it. My only complaint is the constant drag-and-drop, but maybe it's a necessary evil, since they're aiming for an OS feel.

Very cool game. Thanks again, SuperPac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom