• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Is it good ?

Heard a lot because it was a brazilian game but never heard much if it is a good or bad game

You can try the demo. It is similar to old-school 2D platformers with 3D avatars, think Pandemonium.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316100/Aritana_and_the_Harpys_Feather_Demo/

My Xbox 360 Wireless controller is disconnecting with Shadows of Mordor when I stream them, but games like Downwell it plays without any problem.

Any idea ?

Maybe try to deactivate rumble.

jiRakCW.png

Did you see the gameplay? Like butter.

bE2RxK9.jpg

Aaron D.

CMS18 launches in a couple hours. So hyped.

Looks like an appreciable bump in complexity and quality over the previous titles.

Hope it still sports that same killer OST quality found in the first two releases.

Bring it.

Looks like an appreciable bump in complexity and quality over the previous titles.

Hope it still sports that same killer OST quality found in the first two releases.

Bring it.

Car Mechanic Simulator? There is a game for everyone in Steam :)

Actually, I'm interested. Can you learn how to fix a car playing this thing or does the game assume you already know what you're doing?

Aaron D.

Actually, I'm interested. Can you learn how to fix a car playing this thing or does the game assume you already know what you're doing?

It helps to have a broad overview knowledge of various car systems, but a detailed understanding is not necessary. The game actually helps you learn how all the various systems interact. Gives you an appreciation for the design complexity.

I've found the CMS franchise to be a nice balance of depth vs. playability. At times it feels like more of a puzzle game than anything else, what with system diagnostics and troubleshooting mechanical issues the various jobs present.

CMS15, the last release, has a demo on the Steam page. Give it a spin to get a sense of the gameplay loop. Though you may want to wait just a bit to see if CMS18 has a same-day demo to go along with today's release.

Bring it.

Looks like it's been delayed till the 25th. I did just get a 10% voucher for owning one or more of the other two.

Tonton

Just noticed the Trails of Cold Steel page is listing the Japanese interface and subtitles now in its languages, that wasn't there before was it?

Would be cool if they got the Chinese and Korean localizations too, would probably help get some Asian sales

Aaron D.

Looks like it's been delayed till the 25th. I did just get a 10% voucher for owning one or more of the other two.

vader.noooo

Oh well.

It's not like I haven't been in a Fallout 4 hole for the past two months.

Looks like I'll be traversing the Commonwealth Wastelands this weekend.

I have been toying with the idea of starting up a Norse campaign in CK2 as well.

Ascheroth

Just noticed the Trails of Cold Steel page is listing the Japanese interface and subtitles now in its languages, that wasn't there before was it?

Would be cool if they got the Chinese and Korean localizations too, would probably help get some Asian sales
Lol, just noticed this on the Cold Steel page:
FwJjGzs.png

Is Steam learning?

https://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Not sure if I saw any mention of this sale here, but there's some pretty nice prices!
This sale has been going for a bit now, but they upped the coupon code to 25% from 20% on Flash deals. And they do have two sets of flash deals per day now (12 hours each) as opposed to a single 24 hour deal.

Wolfenstein games at $5 have me intrigued, but imma try to wait for a flash deal at some point, bringing it down to $3.75.

EDIT:
Life is Strange at $3.75 right now on flash is such a great price for a great game.
Fallout 4 for $11.25 is pretty solid, too.
Dishonored for $2.37 is so very tempting, too. Almost $10 for the deluxe edition, though.

Wok

Deep Fear is one of these achievement-collector games. I thought it would just play the card of the sex appeal.

It is also one of these games which are really cheap and provide trading cards.

Edit: Someone is asking for more. OMG.

sprinkles

yeah, failing to deliver on successful kickstarter doesn't instil confidence

but it is a good VN, hopefully they can finish it this time
Just got the key for Episode 0 via Kickstarter. Now to wait until it actually launches on Steam on the 24th. Store page is up.

These games aren't that similar though, i've heard Cold Steel is some kind of a date sim compared to Sky :p
It uses mechanics similar to Persona's Social Links / Confidents. But I always felt it was poorly implemented - each major chapter you have a "free day" during which you can spend time with various characters ("bonding events"). So you do that for 1-2 real time hours and then return to the "real" game for the next 10. In Persona you have more control how to spend your time, Cold Steel is more on rails. Some character sub-stories told during those bonding events were sweet though.

Info may be incorrect (from Slickdeals), but I believe it says that sale goes until August 3rd or so?

Plenty of time to wait for games to be flash deals! WOOOO THEY ARE BACK, BABY!

NeoRaider

I want to buy Life is Strange again for that price on GMG. XD
Even tho. i have both digital and physical Limited Edition. lol

Edit: Should i wait for Wolfenstein: The New Order to be on flash deal?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see, will keep an eye and see if Just Cause 3 goes on sale as a flash.

Do you still have 8GB RAM? If so, you'll want to bump that up notch:

jc_3_ram2.jpg

It's baffling that 8GB is both the minimum and recommended amount.

jtb

Banned
https://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Not sure if I saw any mention of this sale here, but there's some pretty nice prices!
This sale has been going for a bit now, but they upped the coupon code to 25% from 20% on Flash deals. And they do have two sets of flash deals per day now (12 hours each) as opposed to a single 24 hour deal.

Wolfenstein games at $5 have me intrigued, but imma try to wait for a flash deal at some point, bringing it down to $3.75.

EDIT:
Life is Strange at $3.75 right now on flash is such a great price for a great game.
Fallout 4 for $11.25 is pretty solid, too.
Dishonored for $2.37 is so very tempting, too. Almost $10 for the deluxe edition, though.

I'd spend the $3. the DLC is great (almost a full-length campaign onto itself), but the DLC is usually on sale for $6 whenever the base game is on sale, so you don't really see any savings by buying them all together now.

On the other hand, Dishonored is a really short game - but a damn good one - so maybe you'll want to scratch that itch ASAP! You can't really go wrong either way.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just gave up on it, zyklon. The gameplay is poop, I find. A lot of options, but it's too easy to just exploit the one obvious weakness of the Origami (it literally tells you in the mission descriptions what bullets to use). Kinda sad that I spent money on this.
it's zkylon, not zyklon...

True.

He hates the gameplay and not liking the story. I'd stopped playing even after a few hours.
i don't hate the gameplay, i think it's pretty fun, just wish it had more variety in enemy types/areas/strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom