• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

What ever happened to the steam client redesign? probably within the next month?
giphy.gif

I'd be surprised to see it this year.

Madventure

They gave us a packet of stickers, ta da! Steam has been redesigned!

*The fact that they're getting rid of the stickers is totally unimportant

Coldsun

Banned
Anyone else get this? Just showed up as I turned on Steam.

You had access to an app. The publisher either removed your key.
It looks like it was a test app that they removed, and your access was dropped.

There's nothing to do. It's just an alert so you know. Party on.

Just when I thought DOOM couldn't get any better I play it at 120FPS, it might have the tightest game play of this generation, might have to do my 4th play through soon

Upgraded my internet to 5 times what it was before, downloaded DOOM in less than 15 mintues!

Finished Sniper Elite 4's DLC expansions, the first two I really liked the last one was okay, got a little too tough towards the end and made it hard to actually snipe. Glad to be finished with it, really enjoyed it overall and that 70GB+ of free SSD space is nice to have back.

Finished Batman Arkham VR, really neat little game, looked great and had a surprisingly good story.

And that's been your Dear Leader weekly gaming update.

Jawmuncher

WTF Dysfunctional Systems is coming back? We're getting steam keys regardless of if we asked for a refund or not? I thought this was dead forever not that they were just working on it very slowly. That's the only reason I asked for a refund in the first place. Might buy a copy just as a show of goodwill.

Hello,
We spent some time rewriting episode 0 of Dysfunctional Systems and finished what needed to be done, with a few necessary omissions.
It will become available on Steam as soon as it's approved (we're aiming for July 24th) and all backers will receive a Steam key regardless of whether or not they received a refund. You should receive your key within the next few days.
Also, I'm pleased to announce that development on episode 2 has restarted, with the art director from episode 1 returning. Please note that the story of episode 2 will be completely different from what was described in the Kickstarter.
Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy episode 0. A trailer for the episode is below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obH-pRI8bQM

Ascheroth

It's not actually one we've licenced. Another Western publisher picked up the rights to it, and they asked us to do the port.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure if they've announced the PC version previously, I think they have but I'm not certain.
That's pretty cool. Ghostlight always does a great job.
Good taste in music too ;)

Thinking about the amount of incredible music I've been exposed to thanks to gaming can be quite overwhelming.
And when you combine the quality of the music with the emotions it evokes from those games...
I was going through some of my favorite tracks from franchises like MGS, SMT/Persona, Nier, TLOU, Stein's Gate, Trails in the Sky, FF, etc and there is just so much amazing music.
Going back further, music from games like the first Sonic games hits me with so much nostalgia.
It's an endless source of fantastic pieces, heightened even further by the emotional connection to the games.
Yup, I live for great soundtracks in gaming. You forgot GUST in your list ;) Atelier Sophie example

Metal Gear franchise definitely has the best and most memorable soundtrack in gaming.
Not when Nier (Automata) exists. But Metal Gear soundtrack is also very good.

shockdude

man I'm really tempted to buy Tekken 7, especially after EVO. It doesn't help that it's currently $32 according to isthereanydeal.com.

Hektor

But the games are owned by Sony.
It's very much playstation icon, it won't sell on other platforms because people don't jump around on them.
It doesn't matter that it has never even once since it's announcement been called an exclusive from any party involved.
It 👏 is 👏 owned 👏 by 👏 Sony 👏 and 👏 therefore 👏 don't 👏 take 👏 my 👏 exclusives 👏 away

But the games are owned by Sony.
It's very much playstation icon, it won't sell on other platforms because people don't jump around on them.
It doesn't matter that it has never even once since it's announcement been called an exclusive from any party involved.
It 👏 is 👏 owned 👏 by 👏 Sony 👏 and 👏 therefore 👏 don't 👏 take 👏 my 👏 exclusives 👏 away

Remember FFX/X-2 and how it will never be on PC? Or Rapture?

zkylon

zkylewd
m58bXWS.png

gone into full-on just story missions mode

seems to be working, blown through difficulties 4 and 5 really quick and got to 6 now

read this goes up to 10 or something, we'll see how long i get

story hasn't really ramped up, characters are still cliche af and there's not much of a plot to speak of, outside of some minor storylines that don't seem to be adding up to anything interesting

i most definitely won't be jumping straight into god eater 2 after being done with this one, but i'm glad to have played it

i've been meaning to play a monster hunter style game forever and this has been pretty illuminating even if it's not quite the real thing

also ppl pls stop suggesting i watch the anime lol

Parsnip

story hasn't really ramped up, characters are still cliche af and there's not much of a plot to speak of, outside of some minor storylines that don't seem to be adding up to anything interesting

I don't know, that screenshot suggests there's plenty of plot.

Ascheroth

At least we can all agree that you should watch the Girls und Panzer anime in preparation for the game, which hopefully comes to Steam (come on Namco!).
Panzer vor!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Her Story -- MB-EA633B8E2147D034 - Taken by lazerfox. 3 entrants total.
Plague Inc: Evolved -- MB-34B53E036252AEED - Taken by Eila. 9 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-F52D9D21413E4C59 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-1703D725F86A3100 - Taken by homeworkfilms. 1 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-BFDFA95AFF337ADE - Taken by KainXVIII. 10 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-475B8520AE85A6CC - Taken by Smeagol. 1 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-AF769AD5E5FCA807 - Taken by Monooboe. 2 entrants total.

t1500632197z1.png
Humble Bundle spares. Enjoy. :)

Mivey

I just gave up on it, zyklon. The gameplay is poop, I find. A lot of options, but it's too easy to just exploit the one obvious weakness of the Origami (it literally tells you in the mission descriptions what bullets to use). Kinda sad that I spent money on this.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I admire your resilience Zkylon, I would have given up and stopped playing day's ago.

WTF Dysfunctional Systems is coming back? We're getting steam keys regardless of if we asked for a refund or not? I thought this was dead forever not that they were just working on it very slowly. That's the only reason I asked for a refund in the first place. Might buy a copy just as a show of goodwill.

Yar, their previous announcement actually said they may or may not continue. But it being titled "The End of Dysfunctional Systems" and the refund offer certainly gave the impression that it would just be abandoned.

They explicitly said that they're in debt, though, even before the refund. So I am wondering how they'd be able to manage Episode 2.

Monooboe

Those vouchers one gets for leveling up ones Steam level is pretty good, I've gotten 90% twice in a row, making games around 20 cents, sure not good games haha but still worth to buy just for the +1 and cards.

Wok

The gameplay in CrossCode is pretty nice. I was expecting an RPG, and what I have played in the demo is a crossover of RPG and Hack-n-Slash, with fights similar to Furi and Hyper Light Drifter (dash, melee weapon, ranged weapon, shield, charged attack).

I finally caved and picked up PUBG.

After putting a couple hours into it I can see why everyone fell so hard for it, super happy I jumped in.

kagamin

Damn, MGS V is so good, getting S rank on a mission because you just happened to stumble upon the rescue objective after having taken out like 4 dudes on your way there and no one else was even close to stop you feels great.

Damn, MGS V is so good, getting S rank on a mission because you just happened to stumble upon the rescue objective after having taken out like 4 dudes on your way there and no one else was even close to stop you feels great.

I believe the S ranks are exclusively based on time in that game. No matter what you do as long as you finish it quickly you get an S.

Teppic

The gameplay in CrossCode is pretty nice. I was expecting an RPG, and what I have played in the demo is a crossover of RPG and Hack-n-Slash, with fights similar to Furi and Hyper Light Drifter (dash, melee weapon, ranged weapon, shield, charged attack).
Yeah. I have only played the intro and the tutorial as I decided to wait for the full game, but of what I've played it was great.

Arthea

Huh, I have to think about that for a while. I never got the Kickstarter refund, so I am still a bit bitter. But Episode 1 is still one the best Visual Novels I experienced. The world building was done so well.

yeah, failing to deliver on successful kickstarter doesn't instil confidence

but it is a good VN, hopefully they can finish it this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom