• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Found a solution for the laggy client problem on reddit:

Restart Steam, then delete your web browser cache

T48EoWF.gif

I did not have the problem, so I restarted Steam to experience the issue, it lagged a lot, and I can confirm this solution solved the issue.

Edit: Of course, you don't click "Cancel", you really delete the cache!

cyba89

Member when we cared about Steam's daily deal

Member when there weren' any Daily or Weeklong deals, or weekly Humble bundles, Humble Monthly or all the authorized third party resellers?
Back then we only had Weekend deals, Summer/Winter sale and two Humble bundles a year.

Nabs

Crayon Physics is from the Swapper guys? I've had the game for years, probably got it in a bundle, and never tried it thinking it was trash. Installing it right now. And of course, Noita looks awesome!

Oh no, my bad on the wording. The devs from those games came together to start a studio.

Madventure

I had that problem before with steam as well awhile ago, I didn't know about the deleting the web browser cache but It was even happening to me when I was in offline mode.

My solution for it was to change steams starting window from the store to the library.

Aaron D.

I did not have the problem, so I restarted Steam to experience the issue, it lagged a lot, and I can confirm this solution solved the issue.

Nice.

Gonna try this tonight.

(I Shift-Tab a LOT while in-game for immediate Tips & Tricks, LOL.)

Parsnip

So I've checked and we are allowed to say what game we're working on. I can't give many details on this though, as it's not our release.

We're working with Aksys on the PC port of Tokyo Xanadu.

Given how much I love Falcom games, they're one of my favourite developers, I'm incredibly excited to work on another one of theirs :)

Rad!

Noita is a the new game from the Swapper/Crayon Physics/Environmental Station Alpha developers. A magical action rogue-lite where every pixel is simulated. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLoffoZLH8

logo.png

It looks really pretty.
Looks cool.

Nolla (zero) games, Noita (witch).
Flying that Finnish flag, makes me feel all patriotic.

Sevenfold

Deleting the web cache fixed it for me, probably should have checked this thread before thinking it was my PC and restarting it a dozen times.

I did that and it seemed to cure it but it's back again. Even resizing the window lags. Nothing else just Steam. Took 30 seconds to get to Rocket League title screen. I'm normally playing by then. Weird.

FLD

So I've checked and we are allowed to say what game we're working on. I can't give many details on this though, as it's not our release.

We're working with Aksys on the PC port of Tokyo Xanadu.

Given how much I love Falcom games, they're one of my favourite developers, I'm incredibly excited to work on another one of theirs :)

Ha, that's pretty good news. That makes another Falcom game where there's no reason to worry about port quality. For some reason, when you mentioned this the other day Tokyo Xanadu was the first thing that popped in my mind. But I figured there was no way lol.

Kadin

Found a solution for the laggy client problem on reddit:

Restart Steam, then delete your web browser cache
Thanks. Just came here because I thought something was screwed up with my installation and was about to reinstall it. This is a much easier fix.

edit: well this is just a temp fix for me. Upon launching again, I did notice a steamerrorreport.exe process that quickly went away. Clearly something going on that hopefully Valve can address. The lag is pretty bad.

Vlad

Crayon Physics is from the Swapper guys? I've had the game for years, probably got it in a bundle, and never tried it thinking it was trash. Installing it right now. And of course, Noita looks awesome!

All three games are different devs, they're working together on Noita.

Wok

The new trend is clearly to discount games during the summer sales, then a few weeks later, discount them even more.

I have found about that one because Tomasety bought it.

Look, SteamGAF. Look.

If I want to release my game at an arbitrary price point, I will.

If I want to claim artistic vision over commercial enterprise... I will.

If I want to lock in a forever price to suggest that you matter a little bit more because you're in the early crowd, goddamnit, I will.

But if I use any of the above to repudiate negative critical reception, I am, in no uncertain terms, a complete piece of shit with nothing to offer the world, much less myself, as, being a piece of shit, reception to things not actual shit or shit-associated (peanuts, corn, et al) are not warranted.

OK?

OK.

Parsnip

Was this posted?

New anime bundle at IndieGala. https://www.indiegala.com/stickyriceanime

Koi-Koi Japan
Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire
Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle
Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle : School Girls Edition
Poker Pretty Girls Battle: Texas Hold'em
Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire
Pretty Girls Panic!
Princess Kaguya: Legend of the Moon Warrior
Forward to the Sky - 75% OFF Coupon Code

All have trading cards.

Jawmuncher

Was this posted?

New anime bundle at IndieGala. https://www.indiegala.com/stickyriceanime

Koi-Koi Japan
Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire
Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle
Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle : School Girls Edition
Poker Pretty Girls Battle: Texas Hold'em
Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire
Pretty Girls Panic!
Princess Kaguya: Legend of the Moon Warrior
Forward to the Sky - 75% OFF Coupon Code

All have trading cards.
DELICIOUS!

yoshizzle

By 'laggy' is this about the program window being slow to respond or something else? Have noticed it can randomly seem like it's hogging CPU but when I check it's not.
The client slows to a crawl and is basically unusable.

Thanks. Just came here because I thought something was screwed up with my installation and was about to reinstall it. This is a much easier fix.

edit: well this is just a temp fix for me. Upon launching again, I did notice a steamerrorreport.exe process that quickly went away. Clearly something going on that hopefully Valve can address. The lag is pretty bad.
Yeah, it appears to be a temporary fix. Deleting the web browser cache again helps.

This make steam client more laggy (nearly unusable) for me lol
Try killing the steamwebhelper.exe process.
Hopefully Valve does something about this soon >.<

Zia

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil: Revelations -- MB-93BB84ACBD8E0602 - Taken by purseowner
Arma II: Operation Arrowhead -- MB-FADF916BEF473CE4 - Taken by famfrit
Desperado's 2: Cooper's Revenge -- MB-142E11F5A47064D8 - Taken by Loptous
Puzzle Agent -- MB-9F0AF6E8365A3B55 - Taken by fuzaco
QUBE: Director's Cut -- MB-18F7801E686F32BA
Sam & Max: Season One -- MB-808907FF8DCCAEC7 - Taken by nightstorm
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition -- MB-7D1D82EAC7A5ED66 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Savant: Ascent -- MB-5031B652F8C0C3C6
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-BB0C5D68EF1EDC5E - Taken by TetraxShards
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-CF9732047E5C7AA3 - Taken by FLD

Jawmuncher

Played a match of Player Unknown Battlegrounds. Pretty fun. I might just keep it. Though it depends on if I can sell this crate or not.

Kadin

Played a match of Player Unknown Battlegrounds. Pretty fun. I might just keep it. Though it depends on if I can sell this crate or not.
Which crate, the preorder (hopefully) or the twitch prime one? I'm still so salty I waited to buy the game on launch day instead of the day before...

edit: after thinking about that, if you had the preorder one you wouldn't be able to refund. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess Jawmuncher will instantly buy that Evil Genome game

Jawmuncher

Which crate, the preorder (hopefully) or the twitch prime one? I'm still so salty I waited to buy the game on launch day instead of the day before...

edit: after thinking about that, if you had the preorder one you wouldn't be able to refund. lol

The twitch prine one. The price seems to be however around 26 now compared to the 30+ it was earlier. If I could have the crate pay for the game itelf that'd be nice.

I guess Jawmuncher will instantly buy that Evil Genome game

Just looked it up. Glad they went with the superior design.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The twitch prine one. The price seems to be however around 26 now compared to the 30+ it was earlier. If I could have the crate pay for the game itelf that'd be nice.

Just looked it up. Glad they went with the superior design.

wait its a metroidvania... I was making a "she looks like Regina" joke, but now I might instantly buy it lol

dot

You will sell it for $30, and next year, it will be $100.

I'm personally waiting for it to jump up in price too before selling it.

unless these dorks don't stop undercutting each other on the market until its like worth a dollar lol

Madventure

Problem with doing the its worth x amount now but it could be worth y later is that you're banking on the fact that every other idiot isn't already doing that

I bought up like 12 valuable cosmetic shirts in Rust that were introduced for .05's each and suddenly they started going for 1.50 each and instead of selling them I decided to go "Oh man I bet they're going to be super rare now and get even more valuable"

You also have to remember the Twitch prime stuff for PUBG is ugly as all hell. You guys are going to get beanie babied.

I bought PUBG, connected twitch sold the crate for 27 dollars (Since I knew I had clicked the thing on twitch prime), than refunded PUBG. If it goes up to 100 dollars or whatever, it's whatever but ehh rather have 27 dollars.

Ascheroth

Root Double - &#8730;A End

Ayup, that was indeed the 'real' end of the first route. Got around half of the bad ends of this route as well. Some of them are pretty elaborate.
Steam says I'm clocking in at 8 hours so far. Time for the next route.

Hektor

i have a feeling hellblade is an enslaved tier game, i'd like to be wrong, and i'd most definitely get it if the combat is fun

Same. Cautiosly optimistic towards it, but i'll wait for reviews.

Game's looking really interesting, but i'm not all too confident in Ninja Theory's combat designers and writing team (given that the game wants to tackle super serious things that's kinda important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom