• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

He doesn't want to make money off of it. I mean, after 20 years any commercial interest is probably long gone, not gonna make that time investment back. If he likes to see a high price tag on his game, then sure, let him proceed.
Looking at the video on the store, it doesn't look more interesting than the sort of dungeon crawler in the Wizardry tradition you still get from Japan every few years. Not sure why that would take decades.

Wok

I have just finished "2000:1 A Space Felony", which I got as a DRM-free download from the latest Humble Monthly Bundle. It was actually a nice murder detective story in space. There are nice twists, but apart from that, the story is very much what you would expect.

If you want to have a look, I suggest skimming though a Let's Play, such as this one (two parts, 30 min total): https://youtu.be/Gu3LqP724ZI

The art-style reminds me of Tacoma, but contrary to Tacoma, it is almost completely static. Maybe, I will get into Tacoma, to be released August 2nd, just because I'd like to play in a similar setting.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
If they've announced the PC port would you be allowed to confirm what game it is?

So I've checked and we are allowed to say what game we're working on. I can't give many details on this though, as it's not our release.

We're working with Aksys on the PC port of Tokyo Xanadu.

Given how much I love Falcom games, they're one of my favourite developers, I'm incredibly excited to work on another one of theirs :)

So I've checked and we are allowed to say what game we're working on. I can't give many details on this though, as it's not our release.

Given how much I love Falcom games, they're one of my favourite developers, I'm incredibly excited to work on another one of theirs :)

Hey that's awesome. I know you're a big fan of Falcom and all. Plus we don't know much of the PC porting process when it comes to Aksys publishing PC games so it's a bit comforting to know it'll be safe in you and your company's hands.

Is this the Director's Cut or the original Dragonfall? The image says DC, but it links to the default store page which implies it being delisted.

I already own the DC (fantastic game), but I wouldn't mind the original for collection sake. :)

It's for the Director's Cut, the code would only have been generated a few months ago.

YES! Couldn't have gone to a more competent developer, really.

sanhora

Very happy to see you guys working on Falcom stuff! I'm expecting a great port.

Ascheroth

Man that's awesome to hear.
Tokyo Xanadu was the one game where I was unsure how it'd turn out, since I'm not familiar with Aksys' previous porting efforts.
But since you guys are doing it I don't think I need to worry any longer, lol.

Good morning.

I was a Shadowrun Returns backer and I'm very happy with how Dragonfall turned out, so I'm always happy to see people spreading the word. That's a great giveaway.

Still surprised the dude's drawing any attention whatsoever. Don't say I didn't warn y'all!

How can you not like the guy? He's on his way to becoming an indie Molyneux! A game twenty years in the making! The greatest RPG of all!!! And it will never get a discount!!! :p

I have been playing Axiom Verge over the weekend and it is really good! I dont know why but when I started I thought I would be disappointed coming off of Hollow Knight and Ori but it is a really good Metroid clone.

I like metroidvanias and everybody keeps telling me Axiom Verge is great, but I somehow have this feeling I won't like it. I'll probably buy it eventually and love it, as usual.

So I'm having a 2 week annual leave from work soon, as such I plan on posting a list of games to look out for in August, well before the Aug thread goes up ;P Keep an eye on this thread for the list in coming days.

You know, I've been very excited about PC gaming lately. I'm 38 and I've always been a console gamer. I'll spare you of the long list of consoles I've owned, but the last three were a Wii, an Xbox 360 and a Wii U.

I sold my Wii U last year in order to buy a Switch in 2017, and I thought maybe I could play a few games from my Steam collection in the meantime. I bought many games on Steam over the years because they were cheap, but I played little of it. The monitor + keyboard + mouse thing never grabbed me.

Months later, I'm so in love with Steam that I might never get a Switch. At first, I hooked my notebook to my TV and used Big Screen + X360 controller all the time to replicate the console experience. However, little by little, I learned to love the mouse + keyboard thing and got used to playing games on my computer screen.

Of course, my crappy notebook can't run 3D-heavy games (sometimes it actually runs them, but it gets too hot), but I'm already having so much fun with the less demanding games in my collection. I just finished Hyper Light Drifter and the first Grimrock, both awesome games. I'm having lots of fun with Warhammer Quest and Paper Sorcerer. I'm also playing the first Dark Souls on low graphical settings and having a blast. And what's best: I bought them really, really cheap.

It's been years since I've had a desktop computer (I work as a freelance translator and a notebook is a must for me), but I'm seriously considering getting a new desktop for games.

Erekiddo

This pleases me.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Yesssss thank you!

Knurek

I'm not sure if you're being paid a set sum, or whether you are getting a percentage of each sale, but I can assure you I'm getting the game day one.

Loved it on Vita. Triple dipping.

PaulSane

Great news right here!

Tizoc

I was a Shadowrun Returns backer and I'm very happy with how Dragonfall turned out, so I'm always happy to see people spreading the word. That's a great giveaway.

How can you not like the guy? He's on his way to becoming an indie Molyneux! A game twenty years in the making! The greatest RPG of all!!! And it will never get a discount!!! :p

I like metroidvanias and everybody keeps telling me Axiom Verge is great, but I somehow have this feeling I won't like it. I'll probably buy it eventually and love it, as usual.

You know, I've been very excited about PC gaming lately. I'm 38 and I've always been a console gamer. I'll spare you of the long list of consoles I've owned, but the last three were a Wii, an Xbox 360 and a Wii U.

I sold my Wii U last year in order to buy a Switch in 2017, and I thought maybe I could play a few games from my Steam collection in the meantime. I bought many games on Steam over the years because they were cheap, but I played little of it. The monitor + keyboard + mouse thing never grabbed me.

Months later, I'm so in love with Steam that I might never get a Switch. At first, I hooked my notebook to my TV and used Big Screen + X360 controller all the time to replicate the console experience. However, little by little, I learned to love the mouse + keyboard thing and got used to playing games on my computer screen.

Of course, my crappy notebook can't run 3D-heavy games (sometimes it actually runs them, but it gets too hot), but I'm already having so much fun with the less demanding games in my collection. I just finished Hyper Light Drifter and the first Grimrock, both awesome games. I'm having lots of fun with Warhammer Quest and Paper Sorcerer. I'm also playing the first Dark Souls on low graphical settings and having a blast. And what's best: I bought them really, really cheap.

It's been years since I've had a desktop computer (I work as a freelance translator and a notebook is a must for me), but I'm seriously considering getting a new desktop for games.

Hah nice story, but umm you DO own Falcom games right? Cuz their older catalog should run on your rig just fine.

Hah nice story, but umm you DO own Falcom games right? Cuz their older catalog should run on your rig just fine.

I'm an old Ys III fan (love the soundtrack, particularly the Sega Genesis version), so I finished Oath in Felghana years ago. Now I'm playing through Ys Origin (already own Ys I & II, I'll play them soon) and I'm currently in love with the first Trails in the Sky (just started the last chapter).

dex3108

Windows 10 or Nvidia f-ed up my GPU drivers and I couldn't install them at all no matter what. And I am now "refreshing" my Win 10 installation to see will that fix it. That means that I have to do most boring process now, installing all software I had again.

Knurek

Windows 10 or Nvidia f-ed up my GPU drivers and I couldn't install them at all no matter what. And I am now "refreshing" my Win 10 installation to see will that fix it. That means that I have to do most boring process now, installing all software I had again.

Doesn't refreshing keep all your installed programs intact?

I have just finished "2000:1 A Space Felony", which I got as a DRM-free download from the latest Humble Monthly Bundle. It was actually a nice murder detective story in space. There are nice twists, but apart from that, the story is very much what you would expect.

If you want to have a look, I suggest skimming though a Let's Play, such as this one (two parts, 30 min total): https://youtu.be/Gu3LqP724ZI

The art-style reminds me of Tacoma, but contrary to Tacoma, it is almost completely static. Maybe, I will get into Tacoma, to be released August 2nd, just because I'd like to play in a similar setting.

The premise is pretty great, but meticulously searching the entire station for the evidence you need got tedious pretty fast. Still, I'd at least give it a shot before watching an LP.

Nyoro SF

Sweet.

I know you guys do good work, so all I ask is for in addition is Borderless Windowed support.

voodooray

Giving away a spare:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Turbo Pug DX -- MB-F0FD22AA77E89A67 - Taken by Dangerblade

The site is a bit potato, but you can try getting a key for Turbo Pug DX from:

https://goldengiveaways.org/giveaways/show/50

kionedrik

Over the past week I knocked a few more games off my backlog.
- INK: I like gimmicks and this game has an interesting one. You have to paint the world around you to reveal the way out. The later levels can be somewhat frustrating, screw you curving bullets, but it never stopped being fun.
- RAGE: From now onward this will be my go-to definition of an average game. Everything is so basic, functional yet unpolished and uninspiring... It truly feels like the developers were just going through a list and checking boxes. It tries so hard to copy Half Life 2 it's depressing, the levels, world and overall story arc are practically copy-pasted. Thank god it was short because I was almost ready to drop it.
- Shrouded In Sanity: This one is hard to judge. On a basic level it's a 2D Dark Souls clone but it doesn't get the combat nor the exploration part right but it also manages to do enough things right in order to not be a bad game. The combat is weird because you never feel the enemies have to obey the same rules as you, which results in an infinite attack spam with barely any breathing room while you can only attack two or 3 times before running out of stamina. The exploration fails especially because of the lack of a map, which is ok in 3D worlds but indispensable in 2D ones.
The most interesting thing it does is also somewhat contrary to what it tries to achieve. The more times you die, the insaner you become and the harder the whole world and enemies become, which in turn will lead to more deaths. It's a neat idea but it wasn't that well implemented.

I also started categorizing my library and Oh My God... So many trash games I somehow bought (most likely bundle trash I picked up here and there). Still 900 to go.

dex3108

Doesn't refreshing keep all your installed programs intact?

Refreshing doesn't. In place upgrade does though. Just open the install media setup within Windows and upgrade.

I upgraded to win 10 from Win 8.1 without clean install and then upgraded to all next updates so i had to be sure that i clean as much as i can without deleting everything so i went for refresh. But at least driver installed now without issues.

r3n4ud

Had the same problem. Used ddu to wipe drivers clean and downloaded and installed drivers from Nvidia's site.

rahji

just beat devil may cry from the recent capcom humble bundle. what a ride, great game for 1 $! I will play it on a harder difficulty because it is fairly short with 8 hours. And it is too easy for a devil may cry game. Somehow I ended up playing all devil may cry games in the last 3 years and now I can say that this game is definitly easier than the rest of the games (except 2 maybe).

Nabs

Noita is a the new game from the Swapper/Crayon Physics/Environmental Station Alpha developers. A magical action rogue-lite where every pixel is simulated. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLoffoZLH8

logo.png

It looks really pretty.

JarrodL

I suddenly have a weird problem with Steam.

Everything's fine when I launch it until I try to set my friend-visible status to Online (it's set to start in offline in options). At that point, Steam starts being mega-slow and unresponsive, as if consuming lots of cpu power. Mouse clicks take a dozen or so seconds to register, it's impossible to do anything in the client.

Windows 10, non-beta steam client, and I'm pretty sure it was working fine until at least a few days ago. Any ideas?

abracadaver

I suddenly have a weird problem with Steam.

Everything's fine when I launch it until I try to set my friend-visible status to Online (it's set to start in offline in options). At that point, Steam starts being mega-slow and unresponsive, as if consuming lots of cpu power. Mouse clicks take a dozen or so seconds to register, it's impossible to do anything in the client.

Windows 10, non-beta steam client, and I'm pretty sure it was working fine until at least a few days ago. Any ideas?

Same here

Kiru

Cool, so I'm not the only one with the super slow Steam client. Seems to run better now though after I closed the task with task manager and restarted it.

EDIT: web pages/font within the client seems blurrier than before ?

Noita is a the new game from the Swapper/Crayon Physics/Environmental Station Alpha developers. A magical action rogue-lite where every pixel is simulated. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLoffoZLH8

logo.png

It looks really pretty.

Crayon Physics is from the Swapper guys? I've had the game for years, probably got it in a bundle, and never tried it thinking it was trash. Installing it right now. And of course, Noita looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom