• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

ive already explained it. although I do think its interesting that saying that about a "indie darling" gets a reaction out of people, meanwhile you can say "not buying that AAA game until its 5 bucks lol" all the time and people just go "fuck yeah, fuck the man!"

Turfster

ive already explained it. although I do think its interesting that saying that about a "indie darling" gets a reaction out of people, meanwhile you can say "not buying tht AAA game until its 5 bucks lol" all the time and people just go "fuck yeah, fuck the man!"

I wait for all games to go cheap!
I wouldn't have to if people bought my game, but no, nobody wants to buy my game, so I'm too broke to do otherwise =p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 5m

Red alert....new bundle incoming in 20 mins.

Command & Conquer Red Alert bundle confirmed
not really

its actually just Mixer 5 bundle

Crimsonland is back! Currently 40% off ($8.39)

Crimsonland - $13.99 (PC)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet game, but I might be slightly fanboyish in that regard. Here was my gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVPbJWcxz7c

Also no clue why it starts at 6 minutes for me, but feel free to skip to the start :p
i2w1MHntEpMjN.gif

louiedog

Indie Royale Mixer 5 is going live in about 5 minutes.

Doorways
Ring Runner
Famaze
Restaurant Empire II
Knights and Merchants
Finding Teddy
Turba
Spandex Force

edit: oops, somehow missed the post. i even searched mixer and it didn't go up. e3 making the site slow?

Rhaknar

Also, IncestDemonicon is part of today's GMG "2 for 20€" deal

those multi buy deals on GMG have been fucking terrible, as have their indie bundles. Some of the sales, like the Warner stuff today, were good tho

Tizoc

I'd rather it be a bundle about video game history. I have a list of books I'm asking my brother to get me from the US but Amazon.com doesn't have all of them :V

Rhaknar

I dont think thats a repeat bundle, as in, indieroyale repeats. Its jus a bundle with a bunch of repeats from other bundles :p

although somehow I still dont own knights and merchants, and ive seen it in a bunch of bundles o_O

Your 770 should eat that game for breakfast. Update yo drivers.

I agree, it should.
Drivers are the latest beta drivers. Work fine with everything else.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet game, but I might be slightly fanboyish in that regard. Here was my gameplay video:

Also no clue why it starts at 6 minutes for me, but feel free to skip to the start :p

TOMA!
I added this to my wishlist a few days ago when someone mentioned it, but I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the controller support. I want to know if the right stick is just mapped to the mouse pointer or if it operates as a twin stick style shooter.

Did you check GPU usage?

I did not... but nothing seems to change... I seriously have EVERYTHING off except texture quality.

Injustice runs like shit for me as well, usually when triggering a supermove.

I found no resolution - updates do nothing, adjusting gfx options did nothing. I heard some comment that if you pause a lot while doing a stage transition in Arkham Asylum (Scarecrow one) that it clears it up but...it blows.

Mine isn't just supers.
It's running at like 12 FPS as soon as a match loads. Menu is 60fps though.

It's really bad.

I just remember JaseC chasing the Mithril Edition -- I'm not sure if it was because of some sort of collector specific thing or if it was because it was probably the better version of the game to buy (assuming you were interested in buying it).

MUnited83

For you.
Are TF2 key values really gonna drop during the big sale?

Yes, yes and yes. 100% guaranteed. People will be rushing to sell keys to buy lots of games and the price will go down. It happens in every single big sale (and even on some weekeend deals that are particularly good and popular)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I agree, it should.
Drivers are the latest beta drivers. Work fine with everything else.

TOMA!
I added this to my wishlist a few days ago when someone mentioned it, but I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the controller support. I want to know if the right stick is just mapped to the mouse pointer or if it operates as a twin stick style shooter.

Too lazy to check, but 90% guaranteed TwinStick. If you buy it now and it isnt, I'll buy you another game in return if you want :p

In any case, let me know please so I know the next time someone asks.

I just purchased Far Cry 3 through GMG given it was cheap and I had the credit and I've now discovered how terrible Uplay is. Trying to download the game pretty much killed me internet, I couldn't even browse the web despite the fact the speed was exactly what I get on Steam. So it looks like I may have just wasted that precious £5 of Playfire rewards.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yes, yes and yes. 100% guaranteed. People will be rushing to sell keys to buy lots of games and the price will go down. It happens in every single big sale (and even on some weekeend deals that are particularly good and popular)

Actually, I just checked the price history and the one massive drop seems to have happened during last year's Summer Sale, so if the prices will go down to autumn/winter sale levels, I assume that games will only cost a couple refined metals more, so really no big deal

Tizoc

Based on this would you suggest waiting til the Summer Sale to buy keys for games I'd want to get that are pre-order and/or releasing after the Summer Sale?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I was looking through GMG deals and found this gem, not on Steam though.

Haha, I don't see Unity going up on Steam any time soon. Ubi likes to hold out when it comes to pre-orders.

Edit: I may jump on GTAV, though.
True, but W3 did set a new precedent on preorder time with that insane 9 months.

Speaking of Lara Croft, I like Squeenix's tacit admission that the tombs in TR2013 weren't really tombs at all:
The phrase that followed removed all hope though.

I'll reserve that for categorical admission that the TR13 "tombs" were awful. ;) I don't think a single one lasted more than five minutes.
You are being quite generous, most didn't even last 2.

Arkham Knight's whole COMBAT BATMOBILE part where it just becomes a tank shooting at things killed my hype tenfold

why would you put that there jesus it looked terrible

everything else was awesome
Because then we can get such funny quips as "I confirmed the vehicles are empty and remote controlled, you can fire now".

Or how about A Fifth of Saints Row (you can have that title for free Volition) where you do all of those things but cranked up to 11...
It's going to be called "Plead the Fifth" or something like that.

We more or less know that L4D3 is further along, which places HL3 behind it, and the former hasn't been announced. HL3 is 2016 at the earliest.
With your new avatar, it was quite funny seeing Sasha Romulan

But it was Nintendo who approved the animation. I guess even Nintendo will do some of these things sometimes
They acquired Bayonetta exclusivity and that Devil's Third game. I'm wondering if Nintendo is trying to break out of their "kids only" image or if they're just going crazy.
Going crazy, I think.
Nintendo hasn't been "kids only" since the SNES days, when there weren't any age ratings to "protect" them from enraged parents. For example, seems like people forget that BMX XXX was uncensored on the GameCube, or that Conker's Bad Fur Day even existed.

5 people here play games
And they do for Playfire rewards only.

how did I miss this

8RgRrmu.png
#dead

I think Microsoft's conference was the "best" overall as it was just game after game, whereas Sony waffled on a bit about experiences and visions. What Nintendo showed didn't really pique my interest at all (so much for that Metroid pin being a hint), but I did like the interstitial interviews with developers. From what was shown, I'm looking forward to more details on:

- Cuphead
- Inside
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- ABZU
- Uncharted 4

Edit: Oh, and Grim Fandango HD, duh. I knew I was forgetting something.
Eh, the MS conf was somewhat boring to me. It was neat having game after game considering previous years, but no megatons or anything was meh. Nintendo had the same issue, I liked what I saw and Splatoon looked fun, but nothing truly mindblowing (even if the Robot Chicken skits were fun). Sony "won" because of Grim Fandango, it somewhat took too long and had some filler here and there (talking about Powers when the only thing they had was that mockup drawing, the R&C movie trailer) to make it great overall.

gonna post this here as well, just curious:
I'm guessing you are having some grounding issue. Wasn't your electricity fucked or something?

June 19th Steam Sale Confirmed

inSRPSD.jpg
Right in the middle of the WC, wtf gaben :/

I hope Blackgate isnt complete shit

decided against picking up the mr freeze dlc for origins cause meh
Your hope is too late.

I loved that game back then, will buy again.

Hey guys just realized a free steam game/money maker for those of you who don't have Lego: Marvel Superheroes yet. You can go buy Lego: Marvel Superheroes from GMG for 4.25$ with the coupon IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF. And then turn around and get 5$ back from it via playfire rewards (Make sure you link your steam and playfire account BEFORE you start playing the game!).
Mind that the Stan-tastic achievement takes quite a bit of time, and there are only 3 days left until the period is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom