• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injustice story spoilers:

What's better than Batman kicking Bane's ass? Two Batman's kicking Bane's ass!
http://a.pomf.se/qrwmuc.webm

This post makes me sad :(
My favorites are Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Link's Awakening... I'd recommend trying Wind Waker for the exploration, and Link's Awakening for the plot, although LA might be a little dated. Still great to me though. But I'm not trying to force you, you gave the series a shot after all, so I respect that.

So were the dates for the sale legit? 19th to the 30th?

Exploration? Did we play the same game? o_O

Salsa

iG1PVwgaFITao.png

yeah boiii

3ds is now on topic

zkylon

zkylewd
Man, Crimsonland so good. Just as much fun as I remember it being.

Here's your typical level at the start

And when you finish

zkylon warning: game features lots of silly looking spiders

Both.
lol it's kind of hilarious there's a warning named after me now

tbh i used to play the shit out of crimsonland back in the day so it rates 1/5 in zky's scar-o-meter

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Injustice story spoilers:

What's better than Batman kicking Bane's ass? Two Batman's kicking Bane's ass!
http://a.pomf.se/qrwmuc.webm

I loved it whenever the characters interacted with their alternate universe self, when batman guilt trips batman, fantastic.
<- It's been a while since I last played InJustice so I'm not sure if the bit in that spoiler has already happened by the time you're at in that WebM, so, approach with caution.

Garcia

I can't see myself doing it, I think I finished the game around 1500 deaths.

I don't know if I'll be able to pull it but I'll see how close I can get. The later parts where you have to jump down a pit with spiked walls and then go all the way up are going to be really complicated to master.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-042D478E24BDC8E8 - Taken by scorpscarx

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-042D478E24BDC8E8
dat megagiver farming tho

I loved it whenever the characters interacted with their alternate universe self, when batman guilt trips batman, fantastic.
<- It's been a while since I last played InJustice so I'm not sure if the bit in that spoiler has already happened by the time you're at in that WebM, so, approach with caution.

Oh, no worries, I beat the game already. There's not much after that... I think that occurs in chapter 10 or 11 out of 12 and the spoiler you put in was like in between there. :)

Ok, but if it's not perfect I'll lead a riot.

I'll join that riot!

Rules for this Giveaway:

Pid -- MB-042D478E24BDC8E8

lol anon

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got a chance to try out the Xbox One controller on the PC tonight, while playing the first hour and a half of Murdered: Soul Suspect.

The controller: feels great, super light, and it fits my hands well (I have kinda big hands). I found the grip to be much more comfortable than my Xbox 360 controller, and I love the matte finish. All the buttons worked as expected, so it was pretty easy to get used to. The D-Pad is pretty amazing, considering how much the D-Pad kinda sucks in the Xbox 360 controller (and I even have the "upgraded" one). Verdict: worth the upgrade.

The game: I'm really loving Murdered: Soul Suspect so far, although it does seem like it will be pretty short. I played for an hour and a half, and unlocked 25% of the game's achievements. Looking through the list, a lot of the achievements are optional. The game delivers on it's promise of having a ton of collectibles, which I'm actually enjoying more than I thought I would. I'll reserve final judgement on the game until I finish it (I heard it's between 5-7 hours long) but initial impressions are good. Verdict: I'm glad I picked this up in the AMD bundle along with Sniper Elite III and Payday 2 for $25.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
guys arkham origins blackgate is really bad

I don't regret getting it cause I'd already played it on the 3DS and just wanted to increase my game count

Fixed for maximum truth.

I got a chance to try out the Xbox One controller on the PC tonight, while playing the first hour and a half of Murdered: Soul Suspect.

The controller: feels great, super light, and it fits my hands well (I have kinda big hands). I found the grip to be much more comfortable than my Xbox 360 controller, and I love the matte finish. All the buttons worked as expected, so it was pretty easy to get used to. The D-Pad is pretty amazing, considering how much the D-Pad kinda sucks in the Xbox 360 controller (and I even have the "upgraded" one). Verdict: worth the upgrade.

One of my mates has an X1 and I'm rather fond of the controller myself. Since I won't be spending my tax refund on Steam games, I'll probably buy one in about a month.

Edit: A controller, I mean. Not the console.

guys arkham origins blackgate is really bad

I don't regret getting it cause I had to find out

I don't rail against games very often, but I know I've advised plenty of people against spending $5 on Blackgate.

Strider has been the biggest one I've advised people against in 2014... but Blackgate was bad enough that It's right in the same neck of the woods for me. At least it brought a couple cool backgrounds and the like to the market and had cards to offset it's value.

Normally I'll double dip on Vita and PC if the game is good enough. I was tempted to buy the game on Vita when it was hovering around $15-$20 during December. But I didn't because people said it was average at best. I gave the HD version a shot... and kind of wished I hadn't. Especially with my OCD compelling me to get 100% of the achievements which requires 3 full playthroughs (grumble, grumble)... I'm very very glad I never caved and bought it on Vita.

Maybe you should've gotten it for your 3DS instead of PC... like you're planning to with Shovel Knight. :p

Vita means life.

Uh... it was on 3DS too.
I'm surprised Salsa hasn't played it already on there.

The game: I'm really loving Murdered: Soul Suspect so far, although it does seem like it will be pretty short. I played for an hour and a half, and unlocked 25% of the game's achievements. Looking through the list, a lot of the achievements are optional. The game delivers on it's promise of having a ton of collectibles, which I'm actually enjoying more than I thought I would. I'll reserve final judgement on the game until I finish it (I heard it's between 5-7 hours long) but initial impressions are good. Verdict: I'm glad I picked this up in the AMD bundle along with Sniper Elite III and Payday 2 for $25.

I may try Murdered out myself soon, but right now LEGO Marvel is on the top of the list because it has the playfire rewards that end the soonest. HULK HATES DELAYS!!!!

Have you used other d-pads, like DS3/DS4/Wii U Classic/etc?
Cause when you say amazing and I see other people say it's alright but it's still not on the same level as those I mentioned, it makes me wonder if you have a different opinion or just lack the exposure to the other controllers.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom