• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

yo Marlow Briggs is pretty cool, this came out at what? 15 bucks?

this aint no Garshap let me tell you (if we are comparing god of war clones that is)

it's pretty boring, but i like dynasty warriors so i don't know why i'm not feeling it, i'll get back to it sometime

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yo Marlow Briggs is pretty cool, this came out at what? 15 bucks?

this aint no Garshap let me tell you (if we are comparing god of war clones that is)

Yeah, it launched at $15 and was half off less than a month later.

Dr Dogg

Good golly does Lego The Hobbit look stunning (well for a Lego game at least). Since Batman 2 TT has been really putting the work in. Also they're just as easy to run as the earlier less effect heavy games, even at 2560x1440@60hz (in fact my GPU down clocked to 666Mhz). No idea why the newer consoles are struggling with these, oh well.

I was just doing some reading on Max Payne 3's New York Minute Hardcore.

That sounds like a frustrating achievement. For those that don't know, you have to beat the entire game, in one sitting, without dying, on the hardest difficulty, while conforming to their 'minute' arcade mode. If you die or fail a mission, you start over.

Yeah you wait until you finish Hard Mode without using Auto Aim and neither of the achievements pop because you accidentally changed one of the the menu settings that effects them. To say I was pissed was an understatement.

Salsa

my L3 is seriously busted and no custom gamepad config means I only end up crouching half the time in blacklist

need that bone controller

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to get pandora tomorrow? I played it originally on the OG Xbox. I think I recall enjoying it more than the first and maybe more than Chaos Theory.

The PC version? Not through any legal digital distributors, to my knowledge. You can find physical copies of it around, though. It's weird because all of the other older SC games are on Steam.

JaseC

So how long until we get FFIX and FFX on steam? I wantz em :(.

Both are unlikely as both are exclusive to PlayStation platforms. Porting them to the PC would likely require more effort than Squeenix is willing to commit.

yuraya

Its SE. They probably first release them on IOS/Android. Than wait couple more years they come to handhelds and maybe years later they might make their way to steam.

In other words..probably never lol

Grief.exe

Is there any way to get pandora tomorrow? I played it originally on the OG Xbox. I think I recall enjoying it more than the first and maybe more than Chaos Theory.

Emulating the PS2 or GC version is currently your best option. I picked up the PS2 version as GC games are more difficult to find.

Pandora Tomorrow is not on DD platforms either for soundtrack reasons or that weird lighting bug

Lighting bug I believe. Such a shame we get the worst version of Double Agent and no Pandora Tomorrow.

Neither have PC versions like FFVII or FFVIII, so who knows? I would think we would be getting FF Type-0 along with the XBO/PS4 versions, but they are skipping the PC on that.

FFIX actually has some high-resolution pre-rendered backgrounds that were not included with the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612

Tizoc

Both are unlikely as both are exclusive to PlayStation platforms. Porting them to the PC would likely require more effort than Squeenix is willing to commit.

if you don't mind me asking what would they need to go around to get a Steam ver. up? Aside from replacing PS button prompts with say Keyboards or the 360 controller buttons.

liezryou

we still need to get V and VI, then maybe (extremely unlikely) we will get IX and X.

Probably not anytime soon, if ever. VII and VIII were both on Windows before, and FF3 was a likely easy port job from mobile.

But a boy can dream can't he... ; ;.

Seriously though, I wish square would actually embrace PC and just SPLOOGE and re-release all their old games on steam. And it's not like it'll be bad for them, just imagine the sales if they release chrono trigger on steam.

Grief.exe

if you don't mind me asking what would they need to go around to get a Steam ver. up? Aside from replacing PS button prompts with say Keyboards or the 360 controller buttons.

Porting an entire engine to work on the massive range of x86/x64 hardware is much more difficult than you think.

MUnited83

For you.
FFX has a higher chance of releasing on Steam IMO.
FFIX...wait for an iOS release, followed by a Steam port :V

I dont FFX is ever coming, mainly because the HD port seem to be done with Sony proprietary tech (and that's why it didn't release on 360)

If any of them have any chance of coming, I really would say that FFIX is the one with the most chances.

...that's not how ports work.

JaseC

FFIX actually has some high-resolution pre-rendered backgrounds that were not included with the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612

They were:

The “lost art” referenced in the thread title isn’t meant to describe this content as having been lost and found – it refers to the art details that were lost when the graphics were downconverted to a limited 32-bit console.

Basically, the games would need to be rewritten as the code would be incompatible with PC hardware. It's certainly not tantamount to creating a game from scratch as all of the audio and visual assets are fine, but the behind-the-scenes stuff would need significant revamping.

Grief.exe

They were:

The “lost art” referenced in the thread title isn’t meant to describe this content as having been lost and found – it refers to the art details that were lost when the graphics were downconverted to a limited 32-bit console.

FFIX would look phenomenal on PC then.

If any of them have any chance of coming, I really would say that FFIX is the one with the most chances.

FFT would be another good option, as the iOS port supports high resolutions. You would think Type-0 would have been an easy decision as well, difficult to explain Japanese business decisions logically.

liezryou

Porting an entire engine to work on the massive range of x86/x64 hardware is much more difficult than you think.

But i mean... ps1 emulation has been out for a long ass time. It cannot be that difficult. (If I am still way off base, apologies i am not a coder.)

Salsa

oh man

damn lousy devs refusing to make ports, you just gotta change button prompts!

Anteater

Don't worry, when the now current gen consoles get the inevitable Lightning Trilogy Collection, PC will get it too :D

charlie-got-molestedjhs4q.gif

Salsa

dead rising dev showed up on that 30fps thread I made

basically what we thought : wasn't built in a futureproof kinda way for a PC release, too much work to go there and try to redo it know without really knowing the outcome, capcom doesn't consider PC a priority to the point of pulling those resources

Arthea

Don't worry, when the now current gen consoles get the inevitable Lightning Trilogy Collection, PC will get it too :D

I would be OK with that, inspite of all shortcomings, FF13 combat was fun, 13-2 had monster catching, and 3.... well it has Lightning at least (><)

I would prefer FFXV and KH3.

I would prefer FF0 and FFXV, and I really hope we'll get at least iOS port of FF0 some day.

Tizoc

dead rising dev showed up on that 30fps thread I made

basically what we thought : wasn't built in a futureproof kinda way for a PC release, too much work to go there and try to redo it know without really knowing the outcome, capcom doesn't consider PC a priority to the point of pulling those resources

What about RE4?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I would be OK with that, inspite of all shortcomings, FF13 combat was fun, 13-2 had monster catching, and 3.... well it has Lightning at least (><)

I would prefer FF0 and FFXV, and I really hope we'll get at least iOS port of FF0 some day.

The Lightning talk made me go back and look at the Dengeki poll results thread, and I found a post I don't even remember making.

Time to make a new series set in an alternate mutliverse. Almost every Final Fantasy game but with one main character from the cast replaced with Lightning. Replace all of the nameless characters from the original with Lightning, Leon from II, Luneth from III, Cecil from IV, Bartz from V, Terra from VI, Cloud from VII, Leon from VIII, Zidane from IX, Tidus from X, Basch from XII. And then for the finale, have all of the Lightnings from every universe come together in one more universe to create an entire party of Lightnings.

You can have that idea for free, Square Enix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom