• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is beautiful.

tumblr_mr31nnaali1qd8xn3o1_400.gif

Arthea

Steam thread...once more into the breach...

by the by, anybody have an opinion on Fearless Fantasy?

I haven't played it yet
still stuck in optional stuff FFX, X-2 HD hell
, but judging by the trailer it's must play, for me that is, hilarious stuff, I only hope that besides being funny is fun to play too.

yorkingintensifies.gif

lol, this is great
you need coffee in that gif though, seems that something is missing this way, for coffee jitters, you know

StAidan

I'm in for 1,001 Spikes (on sale, naturally). And I'm not much for horror games, but that sweet pixel art in Claire sure makes it tempting.

ArynCrinn

Banned
hell no

if you don't have an arcade stick, a keyboard is superior to a controller

I mean, up to opinion I guess, but yeah

Preferably a Genuine Saturn Model 2/MKII controller. Either a real orig using the MayFlash adapter, a real one modded with a USB cord, or one of the Limited Genuine SS Saturn USB controller's Sega made a few years back (got mine brand new in box, dat pure White!). I have all three of these and have used all three options for fighting games, shmups and otherwise D-Pad centric games (Ikaruga and Volgarr are amazing with it). I'd recommend that if your using a pad for a fighter.

But yeah, agreed, nothing beats my SFIV Tournament Edition R2 FightStick for fighting games on PC.

Salsa

im back to Metro

I just tried it after using Air for a while and man it's so much faster still

metro4lyfe, sorry grief

Zafir

Anyone is planning on picking up Grid Autosport on the release day or even later on?

I'm planning on picking it up on release most likely. I just hope I get more time out of it than the last two more 'realistic'(ie not counting Mario Kart :p) racing games I've bought. Forza 5 just didn't click with me and Gran Turismo 6 just felt outdated. :/

So is June the month that Trails in the Sky First Class (or whatever) is finally coming out?

I've heard (and know) next to nothing about it, except that it is a PSP RPG ported to PC and it is supposed to be released early 2014. That window is closing rapidly...

This is great! Best use of the meme I've seen so far.

Lomax

It's fascinating (and annoying) to see the complete and total lack of demand for Antisquad cards. I figured with the three day reprieve on the bundle my cards would sell easily in that time, but absolutely no one is buying. I wonder how many other smaller game cards are sitting the same way. Well, the bundle may end up dropping the price, but at least it will bump demand up enough that they'll sell for something. Hopefully.

The_Monk

I'm planning on picking it up on release most likely. I just hope I get more time out of it than the last two more 'realistic'(ie not counting Mario Kart :p) racing games I've bought. Forza 5 just didn't click with me and Gran Turismo 6 just felt outdated. :/

Nice! Will check for impressions since I won't be able to get it on release. I think there are some GAFfers that are going to make some online championships so check that out if you are interested (probably will be more info once the OT goes live). :)

oipic

Anyone is planning on picking up Grid Autosport on the release day or even later on?

Sorely tempted, dear Monk, but I think I'll wait for some reviews (particular from your good self!) before jumping in with Autosport. Based on what we've seen and heard so far, though, I'm cautiously excited.

Wow, I'm not on the wall of shame this month... surprising, actually.

Game on, SteamGAF, game on!

if you guys wanna get srs about that stuff this stick can be found on sale for like $50 or less a lot

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M23RAC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and it's totally fine, and easily moddable

ZBkH4.jpg

you might wanna get the 360 version though. I got the PS3 one and while it recognizes most fighting games on PC just fine, it has some issues with others.

If you can get the DS3 working on your system and going through SCP server, if plugging it in recognizes it as a PS3 controller, it should get converted to xinput and be fine.

However, if you have any interest in dual modding it for other use, you're right, x360 is best to start with -- you can easily get a board that will work on PS3/PC because those aren't proprietary or whatever -- something to do with licensing.

The DS4's DPAD seems very good to me, though I am no expert. Would that be acceptable?

People win tournaments playing on pad, there is no issue with them at all and there are actually advantages over a fightstick for certain characters, games and motions.

Anything other than a 360 pad should be more than fine once you get used to it.

Also for the record, the steamworks implementation for SF4 is currently a bit of a mess and is a downgrade from GFWL. It'll need a good patch before Ultra hits.

if you guys wanna get srs about that stuff this stick can be found on sale for like $50 or less a lot

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M23RAC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and it's totally fine, and easily moddable

ZBkH4.jpg

you might wanna get the 360 version though. I got the PS3 one and while it recognizes most fighting games on PC just fine, it has some issues with others.

I'll keep an eye on this. I want to get into SSFIV: AE and maybe buy Third Strike Online this summer.

It'd be easier if Third Strike Online was on Steam, but Xbox Live will do.

Grief.exe

Wow, I'm not on the wall of shame this month... surprising, actually.

Game on, SteamGAF, game on!

The majority of my posts last month were in the Transistor and Dark Souls II OTs

People win tournaments playing on pad, there is no issue with them at all and there are actually advantages over a fightstick for certain characters, games and motions.

Anything other than a 360 pad should be more than fine once you get used to it.

Do they use the DPad or analog stick?

Tenrius

Nice thread. I like the new releases section and those banners are super nice. Thanks for picking my thread title lol.

New thread? Yay.

I know this is kinda not the place to do this but I would like more of my Steam-bros on PSN (it feels very lonely compared to Steam).

Feel free to add me on Steam/PSN/Uplay: MadrugadorDG

Hello new thread, I shall call you GAF home.

Also good to see Unrest get notice. interesting game.
The developer is a member of this board too.

Always good to have friends. My U.S. account is KenOD and it still has friend slots needed to be filled.

Add Tenrius_t. I'll accept your friend requests tomorrow, too sleepy to turn on the PS3 right now.

Arthea

So is June the month that Trails in the Sky First Class (or whatever) is finally coming out?

I've heard (and know) next to nothing about it, except that it is a PSP RPG ported to PC and it is supposed to be released early 2014. That window is closing rapidly...

lol no, FC stand for first chapter and SC for second chapter.

We still don't know, a game has lots of bugs (old engine is to blame if we would believe Xseed and we still do) but good news is that their programmer Sara said that a game is coming no matter what it takes! So we wait, although it's more or less confirmed that SC won't be coming this summer, but winter is possible if everything goes well, although seeing how situation ended with FC, I'm not that optimistic. We'll be happy to get FC this year.

Salsa

I'm planning on buying an arcade stick, but they're really expensive here. I'm thinking on buying this one http://articulo.mercadolibre.cl/MLC-419439856-joystick-arcade-para-ps3-y-pc-_JM it's the cheapest "decent" thing here and it should be customizable, so I could change the stick and the buttons later.

I wouldnt. Im in Uruguay and sticks are equally expensive here (or more so). I think it's still worth it to pay a bit more (it's not gonna be THAT much more) and get the WWE one brought from the US. That's what I did, altho I only paid for shipment

those no-name knockoff sticks are garbage

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
June thread already? It's still May tho #muricah

I guess so. Apparently it won't delay SC that much though, but I'm skeptical about that. Also FC = First Chapter

edit: lol beaten

bbd23

Man I've been waiting so long for Original Sin to be released so I can start the thing without my saves getting all messed up. hyped!

The_Monk

Sorely tempted, dear Monk, but I think I'll wait for some reviews (particular from your good self!) before jumping in with Autosport. Based on what we've seen and heard so far, though, I'm cautiously excited.

Ah, my good and always kind oipic, I was wondering if you were going to grab it now or wait. ;) From what I've seen seems like a safe bet and a step up from some complaints Grid 2 got but let's wait and see... The variety in different types of racing seems good too.

Adnor

Banned
I wouldnt. Im in Uruguay and sticks are equally expensive here (or more so). I think it's still worth it to pay a bit more (it's not gonna be THAT much more) and get the WWE one brought from the US. That's what I did, altho I only paid for shipment

those no-name knockoff sticks are garbage
Then I think I'll do that, but not anytime soon because I want to upgrade my PC first. Thanks for the info :)

Dawg

I remember when I used to post in this thread around the same time last year. Barely post in here naow.

I'll make up for it by buying Divinity: Original Sin per Durante's request.

totally not because it's a Belgian game and I must support ze motherland

JakeD

will the regular Metro LL be removed from the store after redux comes out? i've been waiting a year for it to drop to a ridiculously low price (my threshold was $5) and i really dont want that wait to start all over again

zkylon

zkylewd
==>

But in all seriousness, even disregarding the coop, it's an incredibly ambitious large-scale party-based isometric tactical CRPG with a depth and breadth of systems and environment interaction we haven't seen in the genre since Ultima 7. It also features a turn-based battle system with free movement, which is far too rare. And from the current state of the pre-release it appears to actually live up to its promise in almost all aspects.

There hasn't been a game like this in ages.

How could I not be hyped?
i dunno, maybe when the ot's up i'll investigate further but you're not really telling me much :/

i mean the shit you're saying could be valid for project eternity too since that game is basically a ball of designer crushes mixed in one i guess, but like the torment game has the crisis thing and a cool universe, so what's cool about it is immediately apparent

i wish i could get that for divinity

edit: not trying to downplay it, and i remember the magicka-like thing and the campaign editor and the coop from the kickstarter video but none of those things are particularly relevant to what i like (which is for instance a crazy world like torment's or great quest design like there's likely gonna be in project eternity with the pedigree of its designers)

stonedwal

Hoping this is going to be the last month on my old rig. It's six years old, sparing a graphics card replacement a year ago. Well past due for an upgrade. Still good enough for most indies, though.

Also hoping the Steam sale is next month since that'd tie in nicely with my vacation time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom