• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad. I've been drinking so I got worked up for absolutely no reason. I just like that game a lot so felt some compulsion to needlessly defend it. I agree a game should be finished before you release it unless you are doing Early Access.

Yeah, I feel a lot of people abuse Early Access.

You need to finish it. Period.

Grief.exe

And they released it before it was finished.

Your point?

They should get a free pass because they were "two brothers"?

If you're not indie, fuck you.

I should stipulate that the issues are far from egregious. Minor errors that should be fixed, but were pushed aside due to other projects. Certainly not something to take up arms about, merely slightly disappointing.

Yeah, I feel a lot of people abuse Early Access.

You need to finish it. Period.

I don't think Miasmata was ever Early Access.

EdmondD

Miasmata was never a Early Access game, was it?

Besides, the game is pretty much finished, it just has some issues here and there.

No, it was never EA. We are just arguing over the bugs and unfinished achievements they left in the game. I just got needlessly antagonistic because I like the game a lot and I don't think the bugs are a huge issue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Miasmata came out before EA was even a thing I think.

Salsa

Miasmata was never early access and it just has a couple achievement bugs

it's absolutely finished and has less bugs than a heck of a lot more "finished" games out there

EdmondD

Miasmata was never early access and it just has a couple achievement bugs

it's absolutely finished and has less bugs than a heck of a lot more "finished" games out there

Yeah. Don't want to start some argument. I got stupid, started talking some dumb shit. Check out Miasmata you may really like it, you may absolutely hate it. At least it tried something different and I respect that.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah. Don't want to start some argument. I got stupid, started talking some dumb shit. Check out Miasmata you may really like it, you may absolutely hate it. At least it tried something different and I respect that.

No you didn't. You're absolutely in the right here. A couple bugs and a broken achievement (le gasp!) is not an unfinished game. Otherwise we'd probably see very little, if any, games ever released.

TF2 Outpost has Injustice going for 4 keys....like...what....
Traders can be kinda silly. My rule of thumb? If you're asking for more in keys than it cost during it's most recent sale, I'm not buying from you. It doesn't have to match/beat the lowest price if it's been crazy low at some point, just the most recent sale price.

I'm probably a weirdo about this though. I understand it might not always be profitable for traders to do that, but that's my code and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: dumb was probably not the best choice of words.

MUnited83

For you.
It's $7.50 in teh store. Aren't keys worth ~$2?

But that's more expensive than in the store.

Even at that cheapest of $2, it's more expensive.

Traders can be kinda dumb. My rule of thumb? If you're asking for more in keys than it cost during it's most recent sale, I'm not buying from you. It doesn't have to match/beat the lowest price if it's been crazy low at some point, just the most recent sale price.

I'm probably a weirdo about this though. I understand it might not always be profitable for traders to do that, but that's my code and I'm sticking to it.

You can get keys from the grey market for around 1.8$/1.85$ a piece, so it's the correct price. Besides, do see that if one buys keys from the market, 15% of the value goes to Valve...

What about Wolfenstein, it's region locked isn't it. Someone was talking about a sale somewhere earlier though?

For some reason I want to play it now.
Stuck in a CSGO rut again.

Grief.exe

Wow

kUOX8GN.png

jediyoshi

Traders can be kinda silly. My rule of thumb? If you're asking for more in keys than it cost during it's most recent sale, I'm not buying from you.

Rule of thumb, if there's a commonality between traders prices, those are probably the best margins whatever their regional pricing grants them. It's not like they're not trying to undercut each other while they're at it.

denx

I was looking into getting Blur and Wolfestein 2009 the other day. Prices/n° of keys weren't too crazy for those games a couple of months ago. Then I took a look at what they were selling for nowadays.

tumblr_ml5dy9skGy1snmpfxo1_500.gif

Unless I win the lottery, I'm never getting those games on Steam. :(

Anyway, anyone here signed up for Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age beta? A 4 player coop game set in the late 19th century where you get to slain werewolves, vampires, mutants and other monsters? Yes please.

Rule of thumb, if there's a commonality between traders prices, those are probably the best margins whatever their regional pricing grants them. It's not like they're not trying to undercut each other while they're at it.
Oh yeah I understand that. But for example for some less popular games you'll see a handful of copies moving at lower prices that were recent listings that coincided with sales, and then once those move you're left with the higher priced copies that have been sitting there for 2+ months. I'm not really gonna pay attention to group 2 unless I really want that game now, you know?

Regardless, I think I made that first post sound more belligerent than it actually is.

SpyGuy239

Hi GAF, got all of the current Humble Bundle games I want to gift Except Metal Slug 3, Symphony & Breach and Clear. See: https://www.humblebundle.com/

as well as a Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key and a Galcon Fusion Registration Key

Gifting through steam.

Is this the right place to do it on GAF?

also will whoever wants it just PM me or something? I'm not sure how to go about this.

Thanks!!

Hi GAF, got all of the current Humble Bundle games I want to gift Except Metal Slug 3, Symphony & Breach and Clear. See: https://www.humblebundle.com/

as well as a Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key and a Galcon Fusion Registration Key

Gifting through steam.

also will whoever wants it just PM me or something? I'm not sure how to go about this.

Thanks!!

We have Modbot for this. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Would be interested in Fieldrunners 2 though ;)

Grief.exe

I highly doubt these games are actually being purchased by people looking to play the game.

Mainly purchased by speculators to sit in their inventory while they accrue value due to their rarity, so they can turnaround and sell to other speculators for more keys down the line.

Inevitably some get activated due to attrition, I'm sure, but I just can't believe there are many people who can justify $200+ for a game you can pick up on GOG or Gamestop for a fraction of the price. Honestly I could see a debate where piracy would be a viable option as some of these games just aren't available for purchase anywhere.

EdmondD

Gifting through steam.

Thanks!!

Check out the OP it has instructions for using Modbot. It's the best way to give away keys.

Anteater

Cloudbuilt is pretty cool, played a few levels but took me a while to get used to its controls, I think the tutorial buttons might've been incorrect too...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Super Best Friends play Astebreed has put the game higher on my want list, gonna try to finish a few games before I grab it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdd4jGab5s (They also play a couple of other games)

I want to watch it but I'm already so far behind on the Best Freinds videos since I just let them pile up and then marathon them. I'm still on episode 4 of Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden :/

I did catch up on RE4 though, so much nostalgia.

fallout

Mainly purchased by speculators to sit in their inventory while they accrue value due to their rarity, so they can turnaround and sell to other speculators for more keys down the line.
I'm surprised that this is even a method of investment. It just seems like something that could dry up quite readily with a few unforeseeable changes.

Tizoc

Uh Oh I forgot I entered a giveaway for Zack Zero and last night I got the Indiegala bundle for $1 that has it ugh.
...ah well I'll share the love when I get back and make a giveaway of the games from that bundle.

I highly doubt these games are actually being purchased by people looking to play the game.

I could understand if its PP money, but isnt it effectively just Steammoney? For "just" Games?

Grief.exe

I'm surprised that this is even a method of investment. It just seems like something that could dry up quite readily with a few unforeseeable changes.

I can think of other long-term investments that have higher rates of return and not subject to unforeseeable risks.

I could understand if its PP money, but isnt it effectively just Steammoney? For "just" Games?

I believe you can effectively launder Steam keys for real money quite easily, but I'm no expert in the grey market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom