• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"DLC" is a catchall used to describe both things like a) Artorias / Minerva's Den / Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, as well as b) a gun or a vehicle skin. I think it's important to note the distinction.

Something that Enhanced Steam also does. :)

The one time i fell for the season pass nonsense was with Bioshock Infinite and lesson learned. Shit took forever to come out and when it did i got Clash of the Titans, some nonsense rushed bullshit made just to have something out there.

Completely agree, BioInf ruined it for me as well. Previously I did Blands2 and there was a metric fuckton of content that came with that. BioInf crushed my Season Pass dreams.

Dr Dogg

but is it fun? I mean really fun, or is it AssCreed, but with different name?

Ehhhh I'd say the AssCreed comparisons are a bit far of the mark. As I've said in a few posts early in the last thread it's closer to Splinter Cell and Ubisoft manned Far Cry than AC. It's more about watching, waiting and planning that pure fluency in action and traversal that AC brings. On foot it's slower paced but it has the massive added benefit of vehicles. Hard to give a full appraisal without going into a long winded rant but it's a evolution of Ubi open world mechanics as a whole instead of an revolution of what you'd expect in a sandbox.

Videospel

Bundlestars Delirium Bundle

• Scourge: Outbreak - Ambrosia Bundle
  • Party of Sin
  • Huntsman: The Orphanage
  • Miner Wars Arena Special Edition
  • Survivor Squad
  • Garshasp: The Monster Slayer
  • Jack Lumber
  • Little Racers STREET
  • Not The Robots
  • Sacraboar
  • Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love
  • Blue Toad Murder Files

I haven't heard of any of these games except Jack Lumber. Is anything recommended?

Need to clean out my key stockpile - too many Desura games, LOL! Take them all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 49 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Steam and Metal (Desura) -- MB-9EA29474C5BC594C
ulgzbKC.png
Way to Go! (Desura) -- MB-1D3BB676E735D315
ulgzbKC.png
Agapan (Desura) -- MB-637EF9653322BA78
ulgzbKC.png
Metal Planet (Desura) -- MB-A357B3C78E991EF6
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night (Desura) -- MB-1E8513056FF3592F
ulgzbKC.png
Power-Up (Desura) -- MB-35F32D6D3596AAE7
ulgzbKC.png
TR-Zero (Desura) -- MB-027AE376102D25AE
ulgzbKC.png
The Loot Castle (Desura) -- MB-9755C780376CEE29
ulgzbKC.png
Sick Brick (Desura) -- MB-E32E2A5F7A1004B4
ulgzbKC.png
Steamalot Epoch's Journey (Desura) -- MB-CBC8DD8A494A567E
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-7ABFB56B49AF2B67 - Taken by Evrain
ulgzbKC.png
Banzai Pecan (Desura) -- MB-6F3443A221296BEE - Taken by Tellaerin
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-083B9F7B540D0AB1 - Taken by Baha
ulgzbKC.png
Man in a Maze (Desura) -- MB-A4210233AD2824A9
ulgzbKC.png
Glow Ball (Desura) -- MB-F2857A28DC289014
ulgzbKC.png
GEARCRACK Arena (Desura) -- MB-82695C0F30347A12
ulgzbKC.png
Sylia Act I (Desura) -- MB-84EC7ED14C000B76
ulgzbKC.png
Jibs Arcade (Desura) -- MB-271AFE64CCB21254
ulgzbKC.png
12 Labours of Hercules (Desura) -- MB-C16EB54AAD4F25A1 - Taken by Pudge
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-A7215262B3691209
ulgzbKC.png
Evopollution (Desura) -- MB-A4D8CA238EB818C4
ulgzbKC.png
Pathogen Wars (Desura) -- MB-840B2B88D92EFADC
ulgzbKC.png
Data Hacker: Corruption (Desura) -- MB-B2FE10A5577A9EA9
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-6A6DA4D278E0E23E - Taken by Sendou
X-Blades -- MB-EBBCA6A6CC13F5A2 - Taken by Uzzy
ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne (Desura) -- MB-A1F00DAA52CA879E
ulgzbKC.png
Rhythm Destruction (Desura) -- MB-C1605FFBA94EA44C
ulgzbKC.png
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchmans Mine (Desura) -- MB-D456B96EBA570728
ulgzbKC.png
One Day for Ched (Desura) -- MB-BE84988A071733D4
ulgzbKC.png
Inescapable (Desura) -- MB-24BFEE6ABE9C487D
ulgzbKC.png
Dont Move (Desura) -- MB-44F0ED77310C5E3E
ulgzbKC.png
Wimp Who Stole My Pants? (Desura) -- MB-CB0C2A332D0FDC85
ulgzbKC.png
Micron (Desura) -- MB-463BDF477DD1515A
ulgzbKC.png
Let There Be Life (Desura) -- MB-6EA1FA87C6886A1F - Taken by Sammichu
ulgzbKC.png
Radium (Desura) -- MB-817750BF223CB157
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump Castle (Desura) -- MB-5840D6AF03C93A28
ulgzbKC.png
Another Perspective (Desura) -- MB-74F34E1BCF2063DC
ulgzbKC.png
Magic Meisters (Desura) -- MB-C23B88DED6ED40C5
ulgzbKC.png
Potatoman Seeks The Troof (Desura) -- MB-6BFB0DE879BA2796
ulgzbKC.png
Towers of Altrac (Desura) -- MB-9129EB11F15C56A6
ulgzbKC.png
IDRQ (Desura) -- MB-7A2F26C3A997D052
ulgzbKC.png
Koya Rift (Desura) -- MB-899F84FEB7D557EA
ulgzbKC.png
The Lady (Desura) -- MB-774D766DD61EFB2A
ulgzbKC.png
Yrminsul (Desura) -- MB-C15B413F2F238312
Dark Shadows Army of Evil -- MB-3AAEDAB50AD7D216 - Taken by lukiluk
ulgzbKC.png
TheTankers (Desura) -- MB-D92244624864A1A8
ulgzbKC.png
Yelaxot (Desura) -- MB-9DE097E9DE2EFC9C
ulgzbKC.png
Evy Magic Spheres (Desura) -- MB-3F3472EDB621FA6A
ulgzbKC.png
Memories of A Vagabond (Desura) -- MB-708FAB25039B7829

Arthea

Maybe the whole limited activations kerfluffle?

It has limit to activations? ya, not buying it again, thanks for pointing that out.

Ehhhh I'd say the AssCreed comparisons are a bit far of the mark. As I've said in a few posts early in the last thread it's closer to Splinter Cell and Ubisoft manned Far Cry than AC. It's more about watching, waiting and planning that pure fluency in action and traversal that AC brings. On foot it's slower paced but it has the massive added benefit of vehicles. Hard to give a full appraisal without going into a long winded rant but it's a evolution of Ubi open world mechanics as a whole instead of an revolution of what you'd expect in a sandbox.
Thanks!
by that I got, that I'll wait a year or so and then by it cheap to see for myself how does it work :)

Dr Dogg

I probably own more DLC than some people own games. Yeah I guess I'm part of the problem but playing dress up with Wei Shen is more fun than some full priced games.

"Cat Lady Benedict" has a nice royalesque ring to it. :p

Or sounds like a character out of Dishonored ;)

That new bundlestars is weak for me. I'm only missing the Miner Wars and Sacraboar... I don't think those two games are worth the $4 entry price. :\
I did grab the new royale in hopes that the mystery game(s) are the original cognition episodes.

Arthea

I haven't heard of any of these games except Jack Lumber. Is anything recommended?

I don't recommend Survivor Squad, I know some people liked it, but I literally hated it right from the start, and I'm not fast to hate at all, especially on games. It felt clumsy, unnecessary ugly and badly paced to me.
And I can't recommend Blue Toad Murder Files, even if it has its charm, and if you are into such games you might somewhat like it, I feel it is meant for younger audience, or if not, it's a bit too easy, can't say about others, as I can't remember.

And Indiegamestand has Deity Quest (still on Greenlight) for a buck. https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Nice of you to post it! I was going to and forgot somehow.
Deity Quest is a new take on Pokemon, not sure how good it is, I only watched video and upvoted it on greenlight, but looks OK, for $1, I mean.

Pakkidis

Any reason why Cognition episode 3+4 are not showing up in my games library? I've restarted steam and their still not showing up. Every other game in the bundle seems to work.

Arthea

Any reason why Cognition episode 3+4 are not showing up in my games library? I've restarted steam and their still not showing up. Every other game in the bundle seems to work.

they are dlcs for Cognition.
edited: check "view downloadable content"

Vuze

Okay, some stuff for you. I hope the gift links work, otherwise just message me and I'll send them to you via Steam if you win :)

(forgot to put rules up duh)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spore -- MB-4D4A261DDD28F1F1 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-43092B800447482B - Taken by MBison
ORION: Dino Horde -- MB-477DE5A432090118 - Taken by sprinkles
ORION: Dino Horde #2 -- MB-98B3E83E2CE9774F - Taken by crazyrabbits
ORION: Dino Horde #3 -- MB-2B6A6FEAA695D73E - Taken by DJSebolski

That GoG conference is today I think. Hopefully we might be able to pre-order TW3. That's the one game I will pre-order :p.

Wupps, it's tomorrow.

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Face Noir -- MB-7A12717EBFACFE5F - Taken by jmizzal
Cognition Episode 3 -- MB-2AC7B00ABC372DB1 - Taken by drakaenae

hope the bonus game is good for this bundle...only really bought it for the cognition chapter 4

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why bother when you haven't played the main game? :p

Haha, actually, a second playthrough isn't a bad idea as it has been a little over a year since I finished the game. The primary reason I did a ghost/no-kill run the first time around was so that I could revisit the game in the future and have a ton of fun wrecking havoc.

Dr Dogg

I really ought to run through the DLC at some point.

I'm waiting for the summer drought to kick in before making a big dent in my backlog. I'm quite surprised the last 3 games I've bought on release I've finished within a week of them coming out. It's just impulse sale purchases and bundle fodder that keeps my backlog high. I suppose if you have no intention of playing it then it's not really part of your backlog is it? If that's the case yours must be tiny :p

And here's the last one. hope whoever gets it enjoys the game :D
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sang Froid -- MB-4E3994EBCF15A638 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 1 entrants total.

t1401904932z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom