• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ugh fuck that. What's next, a coop bro shooter dead space?

:(

Soooo played 30 minutes of Alone in the Dark Illumination...

jayzd.gif

It's hard to believe it's priced at $35.

It teaches you Japanese mahjong using the Chinese terms surrounded in terrible English.
Making you some kind of in-between monster as if you spoke in kilos, feet and Kelvins.

Is there even a unified japanese ruleset? Here in China it seesm every city has slightly different rules and hands.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Break down the issues for it.
I didn't win a key and feel nothing now.

The gimmick of having to light enemies is somewhat annoying and more when some enemies get stucked far from the light
AI is all over the place
The game doesnt know what hit impact, recoil and other things that should happen when shooting or running.
Animations are ok at best
Graphics are weak
Texture work is inconsistent

That's what I gathered from 40ish minutes

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That steam gauge website someone posted earlier is really nifty. It breaks down your games according to how much you paid for them, how much you enjoyed them, and how much time you spent with them. For example, I've spent the most time on games I thought were just okay (although my hours are inaccurate because I play in offline mode pretty often), and I spent the majority of my money on games I haven't even played.

The only headache is readjusting the prices manually, because the script takes the last price the game was listed on Steam for (i.e., a lot of the games' prices were the full prices).

Annubis

Is there even a unified japanese ruleset? Here in China it seesm every city has slightly different rules and hands.

There's some official sets of rules for tournaments.
Usually the set is chosen depending on the skill level.

As far as mahjong parlors though, yeah, probably all over the place.

Blu(e)

It teaches you Japanese mahjong using the Chinese terms surrounded in terrible English.
Making you some kind of in-between monster as if you spoke in kilos, feet and Kelvins.

Bolded had me dying. Guess I'll try and learn how to play mahjong through videos
sans anime ladies

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
From what they showed on stream, game looked very shallow with very little to do outside of shooting things, is it basically a straight up shooter like Gears of War without all the cool stuff?
Not even Gears of War. Think more Ps2 era 3rd person

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They think they can trick me into buying a shitty Batman game to play Harley Quinn DLC.

Break down the issues for it.
I didn't win a key and feel nothing now.

Bayonetta sums it up perfectly

The gimmick of having to light enemies is somewhat annoying and more when some enemies get stucked far from the light
AI is all over the place
The game doesnt know what hit impact, recoil and other things that should happen when shooting or running.
Animations are ok at best
Graphics are weak
Texture work is inconsistent

That's what I gathered from 40ish minutes

From what they showed on stream, game looked very shallow with very little to do outside of shooting things, is it basically a straight up shooter like Gears of War without all the cool stuff?

No it doesn't even have any of the good from Gears at all, it feels like a really stiff shooter with no real inspiration from anything.

I will say though, the lighting is nice in spots like when lighting strikes, but in turn every time lighting strikes the framerate tanks by about 15 frames.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wait... I just went back and tried again the second CD-Key I got from nuuvem. I was getting an error saying "You already own that product" earlier but now it actually unlocked the "Harley Quinn Story Pack"

zkylon

zkylewd
didn't know there were some new cutscenes in dmc4se

that actually sounds kind of great

That steam gauge website someone posted earlier is really nifty. It breaks down your games according to how much you paid for them, how much you enjoyed them, and how much time you spent with them. For example, I've spent the most time on games I thought were just okay (although my hours are inaccurate because I play in offline mode pretty often), and I spent the majority of my money on games I haven't even played.

The only headache is readjusting the prices manually, because the script takes the last price the game was listed on Steam for (i.e., a lot of the games' prices were the full prices).

gave up on this really quick

how am i supposed to remember what i payed for like 400 games :T

Dsyndrome

Oh wait... I just went back and tried again the second CD-Key I got from nuuvem. I was getting an error saying "You already own that product" earlier but now it actually unlocked the "Harley Quinn Story Pack"

Holy shit it did.

I thought it was included with the preorder and wasn't separate?

Dsyndrome

I don't even have the Harley Quinn DLC.. I should pay someone for it.

You're a second-class citizen with that Nvidia code and thus don't deserve it.

Edit: I've already redeemed the code for it from Nuuvem; if you do get the DLC from the original code and don't have to redeem the other, maybe someone can throw their DLC code your way.

Anteater

uh so arkham knight runs bad or something? some people in the performance thread are saying they can't run it at 30fps low with a 970

well that's a bummer

Tektonic

Is there any solution to stop Steam trying to install vc2010/2008/dx on a game launch? Argh, so much waiting for an already installed component.

wilflare

just woke up and missed all the Twitch/Alienware stuff

Alone in the Dark: Illumination
Primal Carnage: Extinction - EDIT: thank you crazyrabbits <3
anyone got a spare key?

---
seems like GMG is running 40% off Arkham
but the reviews are really smacking the PC port (as lashman has pointed out in an earlier pic)

dex3108

Yeah and people thought that Rocksteady can't do bad job like WB Montreal with Origins. Guess what Origins had issues but it was optimised and looked really good and AK is unoptimised peace of software.

Primal Carnage: Extinction
anyone got a spare key?

---
but the reviews are really smacking the PC port (as lashman has pointed out in an earlier pic)

Primal Carnage was an Alienware Arena giveaway on their site...AITD was on the Twitch stream

Bayonetta sums it up perfectly

No it doesn't even have any of the good from Gears at all, it feels like a really stiff shooter with no real inspiration from anything.

I will say though, the lighting is nice in spots like when lighting strikes, but in turn every time lighting strikes the framerate tanks by about 15 frames.

Yikes, that sounds worse than I was expecting no redeeming qualities for this one at all , good thing I didn't got a free key for it then, time = saved.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
uh so arkham knight runs bad or something? some people in the performance thread are saying they can't run it at 30fps low with a 970
The game is really broken, it has a 30fps lock.
The framerate drops on good setups and I can't get a stable 30 at least according to other people with 280x.

Why did I buy this shit.

Also if you try to disable motion blur the game crashes and if you try to validate files through steam the game deletes itself, have fun downloading 33 GB again.

Primal Carnage: Extinction
anyone got a spare key?

---

I always seem to miss these Twitch/Alienware giveaways. They are either at 4-5am in the morning here or on Saturday mornings when I'm out!

Shadownet

Banned
You're a second-class citizen with that Nvidia code and thus don't deserve it.

Edit: I've already redeemed the code for it from Nuuvem; if you do get the DLC from the original code and don't have to redeem the other, maybe someone can throw their DLC code your way.

I think it just irk me that you're already giving away a free game, yet they literally went out of their way to not give the those people the Harley Quinn DLC. Like why? It such a dick move.

The game is really broken, it has a 30fps lock.
The framerate drops on good setups and I can't get a stable 30 at least according to other people with 280x.

Why did I buy this shit.

Also if you try to disable motion blur the game crashes and if you try to validate files through steam the game deletes itself, have fun downloading 33 GB again.
wtf, didnt they do well before with older batman games?

Salsa

so we basically didnt know the batman port was outsourced to Iron Galaxy this time around until.. today?

thats shitty

also why

MUnited83

For you.
I think it just irk me that you're already giving away a free game, yet they literally went out of their way to not give the those people the Harley Quinn DLC. Like why? It such a dick move.

It wouldn't be a dick move if it was clear from the beggining. The issue is that they basically pulled it at the last second and effectively removed it from people who redeemed it before.

If it was clear from the get-go that no bonuses would be included then that would be perfectly fine.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOL a broken port from previously trusted source.

Don't ever preorder. Publishers don't give a single fuck unless you make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom