• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I feel like lashman is just making up games now.

talking about making up games, what's with gold editions of old games without anything added to them, ya I'm talking about Medieval and Shogun. No enhancements of any kind, nor anything new, nothing, just some repacking and here you go, a gold edition, I know other publishers do it too, I still don't understand the point.

MUnited83

For you.
talking about making up games, what's with gold editions of old games without anything added to them, ya I'm talking about Medieval and Shogun. No enhancements of any kind, nor anything new, nothing, just some repacking and here you go, a gold edition, I know other publishers do it too, I still don't understand the point.

Gold editions come with the expansions, no?

Hektor

Gold edition means they include the expansions packs. Gold Editions used to be standard for every game that had expansion packs years ago. Its basically what you nowadays call a GOTY-Edition.

I'm still thinking of playing MGS2+3+PW on emulator or ask my cousin for his PS3+HD collection. Hm.
Played MGS1+4 and I loved both of them so much.

JustDoIt!.Gif

Shadownet

Banned
She has a 50/50 chance of surviving if she's not voiced by Sean Bean.
This is true. Beside Sean Bean doesn't really die, he'll just do something really important, sacrifice himself and comeback to life as a different character.

Good guy Sean Bean.

Bard's Tale 4 backers will be given a free copy of Wasteland 2.
Only if you backed the game within the first 48 hours I think.
---------
Of course the one day I decided to be healthy and go to bed early. I missed out on Dusk's giveaway. The curse.

Panda Rin

Roller Coaster Tycoon looks a lot better now?

PathSetUp_02-1100x824.png

I think Dusk crushed modbot-kun. I've tried getting a key but modbot seems to be on a super delay right now if it's working at all.

somtimes they pack in some DLC or enchantments. I dunno, i can't think of the last game I bought that tried that Gold edition stuff, it's something that seemed to have peaked in the mid 00's

First, a quick thanks to Dusk Golem for the giveaway! Looking forward to giving it a try.

I tried my hand at the Bundlestars Mystery game and got... Dino D-Day. Can't complain about free I suppose and at least I didn't own it.

If I love Blood Money should I get Absolution? I heard it's a really, really watered down Hitman game.

I just remember that it looked really really good when it came out. But the consensus seems that it's an ok hitman game at its best. It had some real bad issues with checkpoints not registering the enemies you took out when it launched but i didn't follow the game enough to tell you if they ever got around to adjusting that.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

lily looking through -- MB-02864D0B8C63E3AA - Taken by texhnolyze
140 -- MB-33FDA4616D9FFAD0 - Taken by Saty
Contraption Maker -- MB-12DBA840042C16CE - Taken by rainking187
System Shock 2 -- MB-8E645FB7017D25C6 - Taken by Cyldman
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-864EB2379B9BF1CB - Taken by chronomac
Spacechem -- MB-EBE7953B90A5982A
Boson X -- MB-7F6E51524FA6FA0F - Taken by anastef

Parsnip

I just remember that it looked really really good when it came out. But the consensus seems that it's an ok hitman game at its best. It had some real bad issues with checkpoints not registering the enemies you took out when it launched but i didn't follow the game enough to tell you if they ever got around to adjusting that.

The checkpoint were weird because they behaved more like alternative start locations.

ViviOggi

Awesome! And I felt bad for sleeping and missing the huge 80 key giveaway :)

I'm still thinking of playing MGS2+3+PW on emulator or ask my cousin for his PS3+HD collection. Hm.

Oh. That was a big aspect I was looking forward to. Flying my ship, boarding other ships and getting into FPS-mode. Will come with time I guess. How is SC progressing btw? Haven't heard much of it lately.

Neat.
Don't, if you loved the giant joke that is 4 you won't be able to handle 2&3's greatness

I could totally see it as a "you had to be there" sorta game. I think I'm also just annoyed at the design oversight/bug I encountered that made me have to replay through a good chunk of the campaign.
Even at the time of release, Wolfenstein '09 was impressively underwhelming. You outlined all the reasons why it was a below-average shooter, one that hasn't aged well at all by today's standards.

If I love Blood Money should I get Absolution? I heard it's a really, really watered down Hitman game.
Absolution is a terrible Hitman game on all accounts.

Don't, if you loved the giant joke that is 4 you won't be able to handle 2&3's greatness

4 is a joke? wot?

I mean, yeah the cut scenes were stupid long, but I thought the game was pretty great.

I'll never forget trying to power through the end one night and finally finishing at around 11 thinking "Great, I'm done. Can go to bed soon".

Nope.

Messiah

2&3 can't possibly be better than the masterpiece that MGS4 is.
One of the best creations in any media I have ever had the pleasure to experience.

I was trying to understand how a human brain can still function properly after playing through MGS4's clusterfuck of a story without knowledge of MGS2 and 3's story.
Apparently it can't.
I'm just teasing. They really are better though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's this?

n5ol285.png

jshackles' Steam account is evolving...

mXMeIX7.png

Thanks to Dusk Golem, my 3,000th game is Close Your Eyes!

VOZX4LK.png

I'm so happy that this milestone game can be something made by a great GAFer.

jkJDRVD.png

Thanks again Dusk Golem!

It was the best of times. Didn't watch or read any reviews, any trailers, any posts on the web. Nothing, I knew nothing but its name.
Went in as a clean sheet and basked in all its glory. The ludicrous cutscenes, the endless philosophical talk. It deeply affected me.
One of the very few games which stayed with me long after finishing it.

Grief.exe

If I remember correctly MGS2+3 don't emulate very well. They require pressure sensitive triggers and have performance issues.

The emulation scene is so fluid that this may have changed however.

Keep your fingers crossed for a Legacy Collection port.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/615884540662280192?s=15

Man KF2's active player is dwindling.

It seemed to have sold very well, people are likely just waiting for Tripwire to catch up on content. To be honest the actual game is so solid, the content should be the easiest part.
For example, if you look at DayZ, the art team is just spinning it's wheels creating content while the programming side scrambles to fix the engine.

2&3 can't possibly be better than the masterpiece that MGS4 is.
One of the best creations in any media I have ever had the pleasure to experience.

It was the best of times. Didn't watch or read any reviews, any trailers, any posts on the web. Nothing, I knew nothing but its name.
Went in as a clean sheet and basked in all its glory. The ludicrous cutscenes, the endless philosophical talk. It deeply affected me.
One of the very few games which stayed with me long after finishing it.

I haven't played MGS4 yet, I'm waiting to see if it is ever ported to anything other than PS3. You might actually like MGS2 better, but MGS3 is excellent.

I believe the general consensus around GAF is 3>2>4.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What's this?

n5ol285.png

mXMeIX7.png

VOZX4LK.png

jkJDRVD.png

Thanks again Dusk Golem!

Oh my, I didn't expect it to be your 3000th game when I sent the message. Congrats on 3,000 games, though!
Now the road to 4k.

r3n4ud

What's this?

n5ol285.png

mXMeIX7.png

VOZX4LK.png

jkJDRVD.png

Thanks again Dusk Golem!
Is that a real 3000? When Steam website said I was at 2000, I was acually at 1993 according to Steam program. Either way, congrats and onward to 4000!

MGS4 is a weird anime that tries to be a game at times but is crushed under the weight that is nanomachinesssssssssss

though the best thing about MGSV not being directly tied to MGS4 is that we're not going to get an avalanche of LTTPs regard MGS4. Kojima has spared us that indignity.

Sorry for offtopic, but I know you guys like price errors:
Dead or Alive 5+ for PS Vita is currently free on EU PSN.

That one had online mode in it from day one, too.

Messiah

Sorry for offtopic, but I know you guys like price errors:
Dead or Alive 5+ for PS Vita is currently free on EU PSN.

Edit: Now Strider(PS4) is free as well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi -- MB-02B7CBB24F803E42 - Taken by darkchewie
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-9D5D76C7B772DC43 - Taken by nightstorm

Parsnip

MGS3 is the best in the series, so far.
Still hoping for some kind of full collection on PC, would finally be able to play Peace Walker as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom